Sugandha Agrawal would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://somethings-sugandha.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 40

Please critically review my blog

Sugandha Agrawal
Sugandha Agrawal
from Delhi
10 years ago

In the fast forward world, my blog is an attempt to connect to things I like to do...express my self and write. Can you please review it on content, layout and anything more that can make it more readable? Thanks in advance

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: worked on my blog, drastically changed appearance, content and style.
Replies 1 to 4 of 4
Brajadulal Patnaik
Brajadulal Patnaik
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Very nice blog Sugandha. You have a knack to portray the humorous side of one's daily life. Looking forward to more posts from you!

Sugandha Agrawal
Sugandha Agrawal
from Delhi
10 years ago
Thanks Brajadulal, That's quite encouraging to see someone appreciating the blog. However, I see you are an experience blogger, I'd appreciate if you have to review it more critically sometime.
Brajadulal Patnaik
Brajadulal Patnaik
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Hello,

I am by no means an experienced blogger. There are national level pros and international pros in this game. I am just an amateur who like to dabble in this for fun.  But since you have put me on such a high pedestal Cool and sought my advice, I cannot just disappoint you. So, here it goes, the critical comments. Please take it with a pinch of salt.

1.  Language is the prime tool in a bloggers kit - absolutely unpardonable if it is not robust. Good language, as per me, does not mean usage of heavy words, complex sentence structure and a bizzarely woven plot; but it is one with small, simple sentences, no mis-spelling, and gramatically correct. I could see some instances of spelling mistakes in your posts. I am sure they are typos. There are other instances of inappropriate use of case, e.g, i in lower case instead of I in upper case.

2. Alignment of posts make the presentation look much professional. Try to experiment with different alignments and figue out which suits your blog. I prefer a justified alignment.

3. Giving a double line space between paragraphs in the article is a good idea. It helps the reader navigate through your article easily and understand the transition between various ideas.

The root cause for all the 3 ills mentioned above, seems to me, is that you probably start writing directly on the blogger editor. Also you do your edits there itself. A simpler idea would be to use something like MS Word to draft, edit, re-edit and polish your article, do a spell and grammar check, do proper alignment, and them post it in the blogger. Professionals use software like scrivener. But for mortals like us, Bill Gates's product is good enough .

4. Before you tell anyone anything, there is one story that you need to tell them all. Unless you clarify that question in others mind, no one is really going to listen to whatever you say, or in your case, read and believe whatever you blog. That question is "Who am I". I would suggest you to have a better description of yourself and your world in the About Me/ Profile section. This will help readers to form an image and connection to you. 

5. You may also consider adding some social media widgets on your page. Blogger provides many such options as Google+, facebook, twitter  - widgets and many other funky ones as well. I personally prefer a minimalistic approach. But again it depends on what the purpose of your blog is and what is your adopted method to achieve the goal. I guess that would be a good blog post by itself.

Hope my ramblings have not irritated you.  Sealed

Sugandha Agrawal
Sugandha Agrawal
from Delhi
10 years ago

Hi again,

Thanks a ton. You got it so right. I work at editor directly and most of the times at hours when I am half sleepy. I'll go through all of them and edit them.

Regarding about me - Yes, I need to do that, but I am too bad at it. I cant write my resume for saving my life let alone an "about me". But not that you have pointed it out, I'll make sure I do it.

Last..adding social media widgets, I am yet to find out how to enter line breaks so you can imagine my knowledge with web pages. Probably, I'll consult Google, the God and get that done.

Once again, thanks for your feedback and it means alot to me. Smile