Suvrat Kher would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://suvratk.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 46

Please Review This Science Blog

Suvrat Kher
Suvrat Kher
from Pune
15 years ago

Hello-

appreciate if you could review a science blog I write. Reporting on a Revolution is my writings on geology, evolution and earth science matters.

As an aside do you read science blogs at all? Do you think there is enough good science writing in the Indian blogosphere? Would you like to see more people blogging on science especially in an Indian context.

Replies 1 to 7 of 7
Adarsh Rao
Adarsh Rao
from Minnesota
15 years ago

Suvrat, I do read science blogs. And must tell you that you have an excellent blog. In-depth analysis and review of various issues related to Geology make an interesting read.

The other science blog I read from India is from Nitish Priyadarshi. (I have a link to his site on my blogroll)

With regards to your last question, YES! I would definitely like to see more people blogging on science from an Indian perspective. With so many people from the science community around, I think it is just a matter of people taking initiative to share their knowledge. It will serve to educate so many of us (me included), who have an interest in science and would like to learn more.

Really admire the effort you have put into researching and writing your blog entries. Will add you to my blogroll!

Adarsh.

Naveen Roy
Naveen Roy
from Bangalore
15 years ago

I came across your blog sometime when the Ramar bridge controversy was raging.....liked your scientific explanation of the whole thing.... oops, did I say it too loud?

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Slightly off topic here, this is not a review - but are scientists in general ok with publishing their thoughts on their blog? Or would they be afraid of someone stealing their work and publishing it as their own?

Suvrat Kher
Suvrat Kher
from Pune
15 years ago

thanks all for your inputs. Renie you raise a interesting point. Scientists do publish their thoughts on blogs but I doubt they will write in detail on any specific problem they are gearing to publish on soon. but otherwise they are quite open in my experience in giving general explanations of what they are working on.

Ves21- the "revolution" is due to really the way media goes overboard on dubbing every new scientific announcemnt a revolution or a paradigm shift. since my blog takes cues many times from media announcements of science discoveries ,  i used that title.

Shriharsa- thanks for the tip about the low res header pic.

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

@ Suvrat : Hey man .. first off .. I loved reading a few theories on your blog.. will read the better half of them in some time..

I too like to dwelve on a few Sci - Fi theories .. do you have any theories on the "evolution of the human brain"? I still feel that the human brain is in its first stages of evolution.. are there any cool theories on how the human brain will evolve.. will we develop more senses? Will the human brain start taking full control of the actual human being "for example .. if the brain thinks something like smoking is wrong, will it tell the body to  automatically release harmones/toxins to fight the need to smoke etc etc.. it would be great if you could give me some good links to read.

I found a few things that could help your blog

Your theme needs to be consistent : Meaning that for each blog post try to follow certain rules like

1) Font will be the same (like use Times new roman or bookmans for every post)

2) At least one picture per post (one picture = 1000 words.. try to search up some cool pictures that will help readers visually understand your theory before they read it)

3) Try to pin up one blog post always on top that gives the reader a clear idea of what you write about (this will be for the benefit of new readers)

Suvrat Kher
Suvrat Kher
from Pune
15 years ago

Anoop- thanks. for brain evolution take a look at this article on Evolutionary Psychology. and this and this.

regarding how the brain will evolve, hard to say specifics, but maybe culture changes may dictate that to some extent.

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

@ Suvrat : Thank you for the links!! am reading through them.. will give you a feedback soon..