Dipali Sharma would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://www.sharmadipali.com/ ] IndiRank: 60

Hello friends, kindly review my blog and give honest remarks and suggestions.

Dipali Sharma
Dipali Sharma
from New Delhi
10 years ago

A place to vent out and share  my own personal thoughts, quotes, a place to socialize, a way to see and some of the wrong or good thing in society, a place to give a free rein to myself. I may be in words inexpressive, but words say a lot on my blog.

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: Improvement & suggestions
Replies 1 to 4 of 4
Brajadulal Patnaik
Brajadulal Patnaik
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Very nice blog. All basic elements in a blog are already there. The thing I liked most about your blog are the small posts that you start with 'A thought to share..'. Being small in size, it doesnot demand much time from a time starved reader. You may want to categorize them all under 'A thought to share'.

Dipali Sharma
from New Delhi
10 years ago

My  earnest thank you for your kind words about my blog and writing, the quotes starting as a thoat to share are quoted in with the tag of quotes.

Will always look forward for your kind reviews more often.

Achin Kumar
Achin Kumar
from Pune
10 years ago

Hi Dipali,

Short and to the point !! That explains your Blog posts. Good work. Its always important to pull the correct string :) your Blog does the same.

I am now following " Some Random Thoughts"

Thanks,

Achin (http://achin-kr.blogspot.com/)

Dipali Sharma
from New Delhi
10 years ago

My  earnest thank you for your kind words about my blog and writing.

Thank you once agin for following 'Some Random Thoughts' I reciprotace the same :)

Hariharakumar
Hariharakumar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

hi, I am looking for authors who can contribute to www.geekspage.org blog. Your writings are really good, I would like to invite you to geekspage as one of the authors. we will be writing technology articles. If you are interested please contact me hariharakumar2000[at]yahoo[dot]com for more info. we will pay you for writing articles.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I would suggest you to change the Archive style from Flat to Hierarchy ( screenshot ) so that people can click those arrows, read the titles and then decide which post to read instead of scrolling through the entire page. If they want, they can still click on the month name to get a list of posts which they can scroll and read. So, you will be allowing your visitors to choose the format they like.

You have a share it widget and a Google+ button on the left. I suggest you to use 'Add this' button and display them either in a floating box or at the end of every post. 

Change the font colour of the tabs from black to something else so that it is easily readable. Right now, the contrast is not sufficient. link

Maintain consistency in formatting your posts.

• First thing is don't use blue and red coloured text. Use the default black.
  • Second, don't repeat the title in the post and don't use all capital letters. For example, here
  • Third, insert an empty line before and after an image. You have followed it here  but not here  because of which the image and text are too close. And I suggest that you insert images centre aligned instead of left or right aligned for the same reason - sufficient spacing between image and text.
  • Fourth, maintain consistency with headings also. For example, in this picture, you have the heading followed by an empty line followed by a paragraph corresponding to that heading. It should be empty line, heading and paragraph. 

Trial and review - both over Wink

Dipali Sharma
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thank you so much Ranjith for the detailed review...I am really greatful  to you and your trail offer Wink , your review will help me to improve the look and feel of my blog. I have implemented the first and third point, will keep other points in mind for the future posts.

I have one more request to make, it will be really helpful if you can share an example of second point ( I suggest you to use 'Add this' button and display them either in a floating box or at the end of every post. )

This will help me to make the changes in better way.

Once again thanks a lot for this review Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

You can get the code from here : https://www.addthis.com/get/sharing

You can add it in a floating box which stays fixed and doesn't scroll with the rest of the box. See example on knitha's blog screenshot

Or you can add it at the end of your posts. See this blog for an example . screenshot

Laughing