Shantanu Banerjee would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://appliancefree.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 40

Review My photography (other blog)

Shantanu Banerjee
Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

not much regular on this blog, please review my photography blog that is Photravelgraphy.blogspot.in

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: don't want a review for this sleeping blog of mine
Replies 1 to 4 of 4
CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

One thing I found about your blog - It's sleeping (or rather sleepy - if you're trying to awake it). You started blogging in February, 2012, but, till date, you have ~21 posts (13 of which made in the first month itself?) It's hard to define your blogging niche since you blog less often, and that too, on a variety of topics. Well, I'll concentrate on the technical aspects of your blog, which, apart from frequency of posting, is crucial. I see a variety of fonts being used in your different posts. I somehow like seeing all the stuff in somewhat similar formatting (to me, it looks professional, and gives a cleaner layout to the blog). Apart from that, I've noticed that you're wasting valuable real estate on the user's screen, on both sides of your main content. Try resizing the main content area by customizing your blog template from Template > Customize. I see ads by chitika, but, then there's a popup sort of ad, which somewhat interferes with your content, thus forcing the user to scroll up or down to read your content.

Finally, I would suggest you to work up on your content, post often, connect with your users using social networking sites, and best of luck.

Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

This means a lot to me, Thank you for taking out time and pointing out relevant points in details, I will surely try to work on the content and build a niche. and yes i did remove Infolinks which pops out from the texts. Thanks again!!

Siddharth Ghoshal
Siddharth Ghoshal
from Jaipur
10 years ago

I find the content of your blog quite interesting.  My personal favourites being technology and travel. Would love to come again. Good work.

Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thanks Siddharth for those lovely remarks, I will make sure I post more often on technologies and travel related topicsCheers!

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hey, Welcome to IB! Here is my two cents :)

• I am fan of big fonts, but feel that font-sizes on your blog are a bit bigger. Or may be it is the font face that makes it look bigger. 
  • Your blog design is too graphical, and think the brown - magenta does not go well with the content. This is a very personal opinion
  • Placement of images in your posts could take the entire space instead of aligning right and having the content wrap around the image. Since you have a limited width and bigger fonts, this is creating a problem in smoother reading flow.
  • Get rid of Total Pageviews - people stopped using it way back in 2005! Use Google Analytics to track your blog performance 
  • Some of the text paragraphs are not spaced properly. This makes the content loook cluttered. Avoid this.
  • Some of your posts are very informative, but since they are longer and content wraps around images does not help. Elegency is the best way to make your readers stay on the page. 

That would be it! Keep Blogging!

Shantanu Banerjee
Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I really appreciate your feedbacks, they are so detailed and exactly what i wanted to hear. Just like cyberkid did, I will surely work on the visuals of my blog and keep the post easy for the eyes, will do everything that you pointed out as soon as i get time (I am a full time employee/i seldom get time for passion Cry)  thanks for taking out the time and observing things for me, lovely feedback.keep coming :)

Cheers!!