Hemal Shah would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://indianomics.co.in ] IndiRank: 44

:) Review Please: My updated Indianomics Blog

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I recently moved from my old Blog URL to indianomics.co.in

My reviews for the old URL were deleted since I removed the blog profile from IndiBlogger. So here I am, seeking reviews from fellow bloggers. :) :) :)

Replies 1 to 2 of 2
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hey Hemal,

Here are a few of my thoughts on your new version of 'Indianomics'. I hope they will help you in some way in making your already wonderful blog even more better.

Good Points:

• Site looks very neat, the layout is professional and the theme uncluttered, easy on the eyes. The first impression makes a visitor stick so that he can get down to reading some content instead of closing the site and moving onto something else. Good work.
  • There are more, will come to them later.

Few areas where, I feel, you can work a bit:

• Header: I personally miss the 'Indianomics' of the previous theme. The one which was written in cursive font, it gave a nice personal touch upfront. Try it, and then you can keep whichever looks nice to you.
  • The font for the blog title looks a bit small too, relative to the font of the overall matter in the blog. Do check the 'blogpost font:blog title' ratio.
  • The share buttons and the tab headings are getting masked in the black background. One notices them distinctly only when the mouse is hovered over and not otherwise.
  • I can see two search buttons, one in the header and the other in the sidebar. If both do the same job, you can remove one.
  • Since you have a lot of posts in your archives, consider some way to open them up. Either through 'labels' or through 'Popular posts' widget. Show your best work to people who like reading your articles, make the job of digging easy for them.
  • 'About me' page is missing? A bit of info about yourself would be nice for that connect.
  • You could consider adding a few questions towards the end of some of your posts for interaction. For ex. in the travel post, Places I want to see before I die, you could add - Which are your places you would like to see before you die? or something on similar lines. Also, try to put your articles in IndiVine for better visibility and for a few dofollow (not sure) links.

I have tried to be as honest as I can and have given you all my frank impressions for your new site. Though the above list might look to be a bit long, but they are very casual observations of mine. So, please keep whichever sounds good to you and you can freely discard the rest :)

Apart from these, the site looks great. I have always admired your capability to cover a wide scope of topics and also present them in the simplest way for your readers -- Easily understood by one and all even when someone might not be having much knowledge on that subject. Kudos on a job well done, and here's hoping that you will continue blogging with the same enthusiasm not only for now but till the very end of your life. Smile All the best.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

:) Awesome Arti!

Thank you very much for this review... I will take things with a pinch of salt.. :) :) :P :P

• About the Search bar, yes I know it is repeated twice, just forgot to remove it :P
  • The Indianomics logo from the previous site was designed to go with that theme... so with the theme change I decided to change that as well but have not worked on it yet. The one you see on the site now is the one that came with the theme. Thank you for raising that point, I will think over it today and try some thing with the logo...
  • I almost covered the font bit above, but just wanted to add - you suggested me to took into "'blogpost font:blog title' ratio", which works for Blogspot may be, but does not work on Wordpress. When you share your feedback with people (review), it is important to understand if the user is on Blogspot or wordpress.. just a word since this could confuse newbies :)
  • The Share buttons.. they are not share buttons, but links to my Social Networks.. hence subtle.. this came with theme by default and I wanted to rework on them...
  • I was thinking about it, but did know how best to do it.. I am still thinking of what could be done, some points you suggested do help in the right direction.
  • Ah! that thing is eternal... love you telling me that thing.. the questions some times make the person post a comment s/he otherwise would not :) and I am only wondering why did it not occur to me..
  • About ME page.. another thing I forgot to Add..
  • I will wait for this.. "There are more, will come to them later."

You girl, inspire me with your words of appreciation. Thank you very much for sharing your honest views - it will only help me. I am sure there are many more years of Blogging to come, hopefully a lifetime.

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

you suggested me to look into "'blogpost font:blog title' ratio", which works for Blogspot may be, but does not work on Wordpress. 

My bad for putting this 'ratio thing' so clumsily :( thank you for pointing that out to me. What I was trying to say was that, to me, the font size of the 'blog post title' looks bigger (or almost same) as the font size of the 'blog title' itself. Due to this reason, I was having a feel that, 'Indianomics' in the blog title does not stand out on the page and one tends to loose it in the content. Do, look into it and take a call acc.

I will wait for this.. "There are more, will come to them later."

Haha. Trust me, the last para you see in the review was the more I had promised! Laughing But must add, the good points I have mentioned here are certainly not exhaustive. So yeah, you can still wait for more points if you wish to .. Maybe, we will get down to talking about it .. later, again someday. ;)

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

haha.. I did understand what you wanted to convey :) so no problemo...

about more to come, I am sure we can sit down and even talk about it.. 

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I have made some changes! you may want to check and give me your "further" comments :) 

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hey Hemal, will check soon and give my "expert" comments. Tongue out

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago
  • Header: Looks nice, much better than the previous one. Font size can be increased by two-three points (optional).
  • I loved how the archives page opens up now. You added all those links manually?
  • 'About me' page: Feels good to see my testimonial still there. :) Thank you for having it.
  • One extra point: The link to your G+ profile is broken.

Guess that makes it. If there is anything else you would like me to see, let me know. :)

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thank you so much! This is the fastest review I have ever got on IB CoolTongue out

Header: I tried it already, but then it takes a lot of screen space.

Archives page: I used a plugin which automatically lists all links on one page. Wordpress Power Money mouth *bragging*

About G+ profile, I will check and rectify that, thakn you for pointing that out...

Thank you once again, for such a wonderful support and prompt review! You are awesome!

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Anytime, Hemal. It's my pleasure. :)

Regd. Header: Alternatively, you can also try decreasing the font size of the post title by 1-2 points.

----------

PS: I myself am amazed at my speed this time. Tongue out