Priyanka Batra Harjai would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://booksnewsindia.wordpress.com ] IndiRank: 46

Please review my books and author promotion blog

Priyanka Batra Harjai
Priyanka Batra Harjai
from Delhi
9 years ago

This blog is an initiative to promote Indian authors and their works.

Replies 1 to 2 of 2
Simply Bogus
Simply Bogus
from Bogus island
9 years ago

Hi Priyanka!

The best thing about your blog BooksnewsIndia is it serves a specific niche exactly as mentioned by you in your 'About' section- "particularly dedicated to Indian authors and their work" and I must tell you a truth if that makes you feel better/motivated, not many bloggers are focussing on this niche, so you're definitely having an edge over others when it comes to niche. The purpose of your blog is well set and tabulated clearly and you seem to be sticking with your blog objectives. Although the blog author is particular in keeping up with her words the blog might not currently serving its purposes so well as evident by the lack of a google page rank (the blog is almost 2 years old) and falling alexa parameters which are surely not welcome signs. But again the three months alexa rank has grown in recent dates for BooksnewsIndia which gives us some positive note.

The blogger has used a very simple template which could get a corporate attire but unfortunately right now it can be best called non-lively. Graphical counterparts are near to nil which may be a good thing for serious readers and not so good for casual ones. Owing to its simple design and lack of graphics the page loads very fast. Once the page loads in the browser the blog looks quite clean but feels empty at left side. I wish the author had shifted her main textual contents more to left, that is how eliminating the gap at left and also making the main contents wider giving it more acceptable look. Post by post flow of reading builds up as you read down the lines. I will talk about the contents in later paragraphs. Thankfully, RSS links, about section, blog archives are easy to locate by a first time visitor. I think it will be better to incorporate a 'contact' section in the drop down navigation menu at top so that clients can directly reach the blogger without taking the trouble of finding her email id in the about page.

Priyanka's language is exceptionally simple as I got from five of her posts. She is not fond of showcasing her talent and bugging readers' heads with awkwardly complex sentences. The flow is good. Honestly I didn't find her style of writing so captivating but then again I'm more into fictions and that may be the sole cause of my disapproval. I've no issues on the grammatical and originality ground and that is so for two reasons- my grammars are remarkably weak to judge others and his niche supports few subjects where keeping originality in posts is not a question. 

I think Priyanka has seriously taken up this blogging since January of this year as clear from her posting frequency. Now a days the blog is updated regularly with new contents which is good for readers as well as SEO. There're no much comments down blog posts which states author's lack of efforts in socialization in blogosphere. A trivial point that needs to be addressed here, the blog is better not updated multiple times in a day with newer posts as that will push down other new posts and deprive them from the chance of exposure.     

I would rate this blog- 5 out of 10

So, Priyanka you're doing an overall good job and you should focus on few amendments:-

- Make a catchy header or at least larger texts in blog title.

- Eliminate the empty space at left

- Don't post multiple entries in a single day/ at a go.

- Make your sharing widget/tool larger or more vibrant.

- If possible increase your involvement more in blogosphere to make your blog name stand out and get a fan base.

- Keep blogging and best of luck Smile

Priyanka Roy Banerjee
Priyanka Roy Banerjee
from Pune
9 years ago

Hi Priyanka, 

Congratulations on your blog! To begin with, I quite liked your initiative of having a 'Book News' section that many blogs (including mine) don't have. It is infomative and enriching. The Book Excerpts tab is probably the first I've seen on book blogs. It provides a good sneak peek towards many interesting books. 

I didn't much like the layout/template of your blog. It appears a little too simple and stark. You can quirk it up with a better template. Promoting Indian authors is another good initiative, though you probably need to choose your authors in a better way. Also, your contest/giveaways page is empty as of now, which is probably because its still a new blog. 

Your book reviews have no rating, which is a deterrent. Qualitative reviews often tend to stray away from the purpose. I would say rate your reviews for better viewership.

I'd rate your blog 6/10.

Try and work out on these things, and your blog will be one of the best book blogs. 

All the best :)