Saurabh Hirani would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://crashpoint-zeros-brain.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 29

How reviews were done before Indiblogger

Saurabh Hirani
Saurabh Hirani
from Bangalore
14 years ago

They crouched in a corner, huddling together, each one of them shivering in a fetal position. It had been a long time since they had seen the world beyond those walls, their only point of contact a ray of light piercing through the hole in roof, with dust particles dancing in that vertical beam. He made them believe that it is only he who cares for them and he alone will read their blogs and tell them how they ought to be.

He rewrote their thoughts and forced them to think the way he wanted them to for he was their only audience and they wanted to be read, didn't they? Yes they did. And Big Brother shackled their will and they wrote what he wanted to read.The clicking of jackboot heels and the rythmic banging of the steel rod against the jail bars was all that they heard, his cold face with those knife scars was all they saw, his harsh voice accompanied with heavy bouts of blood spitting coughing was all they experienced. They were the zombies of noblogland.

But that one day, there was something in the air. Felt like a rebellion. An uprising. The hole in the roof was throwing in multi coloured lights. Each one of them projected an alphabet on the jail cell ground - I, N,D, I, B, L, O, G, G, E, R. Slowly the speed of the projections increased and converted into an intoxicating chant growing in strength - I, N, D, I, B, L, O, G, G, E, R. He who was not used to hearing anything but muffled cries when he clubbed them with his hungry rod, saw them rising from their corners. Each one of them pulling at the jail bars, bending them, breaking them. He was no match for the collective strength of those whom he enslaved. He saw himself diminishing in size and strength as each one of them broke his/her chain. Soon he dissolved in thin air, leaving behind but a momentary smoke ring and a complaining hiss.

They broke out, ran free into the meadows, where the sun shined and the birds sang. Never again will they embrace the fetters of anyone else. For they had their own kingdom where the just governed and everyone's words were read. Indiblogger was born and they were reborn with it. Do I still need to ask you to review my blog, fellow inmates? :) I can be read here . Thanks for your time. Appreciate it.

Edited 14 years ago
Reason: During HTML editing, some words were stuck together - freed them
Replies 1 to 1 of 1
Sonya Gee
Sonya Gee
from New Delhi
14 years ago

Dear Saurabh,

That's an innovative(albeit little lengthy ) way of asking for a blog review but your way of writing made me go and check out your blog and I liked what I read :).The layout is simple and clutterfree and you write very well.I especially liked your poems, would go back eventially and leave some comments there.

Only two suggestions:

1.Blogspot has some new elements that you can display on your homepage.

2. Try and put smaller posts.Long stories can be divided into two or three post to have people come back and follow up.

Look forward to read more of you.

Cheers,Gee

http://loveacrossbridges.wordpress.com

Saurabh Hirani
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Hi Sonya,

Thanks for the feedback. I try to economize word usage while writing since I saw my initial posts getting verbose without adding more to the meaning. A simple example - "You should not write lengthy sentences and convey your thoughts as precisely as possible". This statement is ironical as it itself is verbose. It should have been - "Be brief" :) Your suggestion of fragmenting long stories into parts was pretty interesting. I liked that. And I will check out blogspot's shiny toys. By the way, I read your "Raindrops on my soul" post and left a thought.