Jyoti Kapoor would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://www.nribride.com/ ] IndiRank: 40

Blog about a topic never seen before. Please review.

Jyoti Kapoor
Jyoti Kapoor
from Wettingen
9 years ago

My blog is about making best out of the life of an NRI woman  .. and not about the sorrow stories...please review ...I am thankful for support!

I have just started and have only a few articles but I will build around it slowly :)

Please read the Home and About page to get a fair idea of what I am trying to do.

Edited 9 years ago
Reason: The topic title was not appealing
Replies 1 to 11 of 11
Roja Meeran
Roja Meeran
from Doha,Qatar
9 years ago

Dear Jyothi...

Just gone through your blog..it is really good.. have neat and traditional look..Different theme,so far I think I have never come across a blog for this topic..

My suggestion is ..you can add more or additional information on the same...Which would be very useful for women getting  married abroad..some women are ditcthed in this case..Highlighting those cases with examples will also be a better article..for more women to be aware of the dangers on the way for women thinking their life abroad and the possible ways to confront them..All the best!

Jyoti Kapoor
Jyoti Kapoor
from Wettingen
9 years ago

Dear Roja,  

Thank you  for review.. Yes dear you are right I need to cover that.. Infact that article is  on its way.. I have just got started :) I will add more content..  I think it comes with time.. My blog is not even  one month old yet.. Hehe.. 

Jyoti Kapoor
Jyoti Kapoor
from Wettingen
9 years ago

Hello! someone please review my blog !!

Jatin Adlakha
Jatin Adlakha
from Hyderabad
9 years ago

Hi Jyoti,

I visited your blog. It's a very interesting concept. You can do wonders with it, keep it funny and witty too by writing on things like: taboo's on NRI bride/groom, stuff u didn't know. These topics should gain you instant popularity across the social network.

Also, I see that all your initial articles are almost on the same topic. That gets boring. Try out different and varied topics, you can always publish stuff on the topics you did before.

Please let me know if this helps.

Once again, nice one!

Good Luck

-Jatin

Jatin Adlakha
Jatin Adlakha
from Hyderabad
9 years ago

Ohh, some more I forgot to mention...

Try to be little concise witht the post content. Your posts are nicely written but too much of writing is also a big challenge to maintain the attention span of the reader.

And add more pictures, it will look great.

And as someone above said, you have a very good and standing-out theme, which goes with your topic. Make the most of it.

Hi Jyothi,You have an interesting and somewhat rare niche in blogging so that will definitely give you a head start over others in this field.I have read all your posts, and though I'm not an NRI bride, I enjoyed reading them(specialy the things you should and should not take with you abroad and why you shouldn't marry NRI grooms....I might not agree with everything you have here but that's a discussion for another day) and would recommend your blog to anyone who asks me any suggestions on that (Not that I get asked on that much, but just in case)Also, I think you should have a more professional theme. The current one looks patchy and the background does not blend well with the yellow color theme you have on your blog. But these are just my observations. I'm not expert in suggesting or improving themes.Continue to keep your blog relevant to the niche and soon you will be among the popular bloggers. Cheers

Jyoti Kapoor
Jyoti Kapoor
from Wettingen
9 years ago

Ahh that gives me a bit of relief, while both you Jatin and Sarma have said that having a unique topic will help, I was almost coming to a conclusion that I should just forget about organic seraches. Anyway its the first year that's when people leave putting effort. My first aim is to stay alive with the blog till one year and take it from there :) ..hope what you both have said could come true.

I am thankful to both of you for hahving read some articles, and YAY! you like them.Laughing

- I added more pictures now, you can see the about page and the latest aticle, will add more pics to the rest of them tonight

- Jatin you are right blog length is my issue, that's why I divided my luggage article into 3 parts, but then came the problem of posts on the same topic..ooops!

- Jatin and Sarma : I have advice conflict about my theme from you both, I chose this theme because finally its a Bridal sort of blog, relates to wedding so I got the Red Shaadi card wala background and added a gold platform to put my sticky posts. I am a very blingy girl inside, total dhin-chak may be that's why Embarassed my theme is so, but I wanted it to remain a bit traditional. 

- I am really new to blogging and also twitter, don't have a google+ account yet(coming up), and my target audience is thin and I have low chnaces for organic searches, so how can I make my posts reach to people. Please  advice.

Jatin Adlakha
Jatin Adlakha
from Hyderabad
9 years ago

Hi again Jyothi

I visited it again, I like it earlier and I like it now, it looks better.

*I have second thoughts on the appearance, I'm sorry. While the yellow looks good, but the Red and esp the bold Red in 'Latest Posts" gets to the eye. I'm no pro either, just laying down my views as a reader.

*And yeah, shortening of content is a very imp thing. U wil become a pro in time, no probm :)

*Haha, I'm a newbiew myself, working hard to find my audience. But I'm sure yopu will rise to much fame because such articles are interesting and sell a lot on FB and social media groups. You can also try scoopwhoop.com and storypick.com. I have no idea but the stuff they share becomes incredibly famous. Find out how!

Also, a little selfish request, please provide a review to my blog too, when you can. Thank you. Good luck, let's get past that 1 year mark!

Jyoti Kapoor
Jyoti Kapoor
from Wettingen
9 years ago

Hi Jatin,

1. I cannot find your blog in the 'Blog review section'

2. I did visit your blog , its wonderful really no chnages required at all. Your writing style is cool and real time pics make it super inetersting.

3. I tried leaving some nice comments to your posts but there is some problem. It didn't let me leave any comments and took me to a login page to enter credentials, seriously. I tried with two of my Ids both times same thing! have a look.

Yes let's try to survive the first year.

About finding new audience, here is a nice and decent trick. 

1. LIke each others' page

2. receive updates when any of us writes a new post and promotes on FB

3. we just hit 'Like' on the new post by the other

3. All our friends see what we've liked.

4, Thez read if  they think its interesting.

just by getting updates on the wall and only by liking my friends would see your post and your fiends would see mine.

So my FB link is faceboo../NRIBride 

Jatin Adlakha
Jatin Adlakha
from Hyderabad
9 years ago

Once you visit anybody's profile on Indiblogger, the "Reviews" link is there next to the tags and also in the person's threads.

But anyway, thank you so much for reviewing my blog.

Unable to leave comment can be big, I will look into it. Can you please tell me which account(google?) were you using to login to post a comment?

Yes, that's a good idea. I will visit your page Smile. I don't have one, as yet. Thanks again!

Jyoti Kapoor
Jyoti Kapoor
from Wettingen
9 years ago

Arre you have to have an FB page much audience comes from there.. How else are you finding audience.. 

Jatin Adlakha
from Hyderabad
9 years ago

i shd get it done soon...in the mean time, I liked yours! :)