Sumit Malhotra would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://sumitup.in ] IndiRank: 43

New to IndiBlogger - Request Review - It already feels great :)

Sumit Malhotra
Sumit Malhotra
from Gurgaon
7 years ago

It feels great to be a part of this fantastic community. It'll be really encouraging if you can visit my blog and give me inputs for improvement. At SumItUp.In I usually post my food reviews when I eat out, recipes when I cook, my escapades when I travel and an ocassional rant when I strongly feel about something.

Edited 7 years ago
Reason: Spelling error
Replies 1 to 4 of 4
Sumit Malhotra
Sumit Malhotra
from Gurgaon
7 years ago

Request feedback friends?

Sumit Malhotra
Sumit Malhotra
from Gurgaon
7 years ago

Ping

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
7 years ago

English/Hindi recipe and instructions is a very good idea. You forgot to embed map in Appus Hotel's review. I would probably remove "you may also like" content below the tags. One will miss comment section because of that. Previous/Next story can be removed. At the end of the day its a food review/recipe blog, so its not time-sensitive content like news and product updates. Best way to improve now is get more into youtubing and podcasting. Maybe you can podcast while checking out food in a restaurant. Record it on your own using a lapel mic connected to a recorder or a phone. Use  the site logo as watermark. Watermarks also help in b*****ng. Consider using wordpress own comment. I removed disqus because it slightly increases load time. They also put link ads on comments. 

Some content requires more photos. Like Zo Cafe review.  

Sumit Malhotra
from Gurgaon
7 years ago

Thank you. Really appreciate your comments and feedback. Appus Hotel has a map now. Unfortunately, can't have more pics for Zo unless I visit them again. I'll see how can I incorporate your other suggestions. Is there a better alternative to disqus in your opinion or native wordpress is the only way to go? I do have a YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/c/sumitmalhotra but as you can see it is languishing at the moment. I check out your article in youthkiawaaz, it has really hit the nail on the head. Super :-)

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
7 years ago

Default WordPress comment system may look boring but after using few of these stuff like Disqus and other comment systems for 4 out of 7 year's of my site's age, default system is the best. This way it stays in-house- comment, commenter's privacy, etc. Maybe if there was a huge network of commenters, that would be different. But till then, I would stick to the default system. Maybe the other idea is probably to use GIFs for instruction content like recipes. If you want to express or show something which is not easy to do with words and single/multiple images don't exactly do the job, GIFs are a good idea. Just get a tripod and record the particular action maybe not longer than 6-10 seconds, convert the video to GIFs through online converters (they are many of them and even some standalone software too) and embed that. I noticed that if I click your name in an article, it redirects to the main site. Since its a single author site, you could try linking it to your "About Sumit Malhotra" page. For an introduction page, maybe a full width would be nice, if your theme allows it. It looks cleaner, wider and usually people check such page out to know more about you rather than reading the content that you're specializing it. Its really a well-written self-introduction title that expresses what you do and how you connect with food and other business. Maybe a good front facing landscape shot of you as a feature image would be a better touch. 

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
7 years ago

But I really like the content. That's the important part as most of the newer food bloggers don't really are most looking for free food and just write anything (even in zomato). Its also there in other fields of blogging which prompted me to write an article at Youth ki Awaaz. 

https://www.youthkiawaaz.com/2017/03/the-state-of-indian-bloggers-realfacts-vs-fakemarketing/