Susan Deborah would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://www.susan-deborah.org/ ] IndiRank: 58

It would be lovely if you could review my personal blog

Susan Deborah
Susan Deborah
from Goa
14 years ago

I am a relatively new kid on the block. I enjoy writing and thats why I chose to blog but now I would like  the writings to be reviewed so that I know where I lack and should improve. I would also be glad to know my strength areas too. Looking forward to the comments and suggestions.

Replies 1 to 9 of 9
Venky
Venky
from Chennai
14 years ago

the problem is you cant know who is following if you dont add Followers widget . I dont see any problem but for the promotion part of it Smile thumbs up

Susan Deborah
from Goa
14 years ago

Thanks Venky for visiting my blog and reviewing it. I value your comment. I did have the followers widget but then felt that it was a bit too much so took it off.

Pushkaraj Apte
Pushkaraj Apte
from Pune
14 years ago

Neat blog. One question - do you really want all tags to be listed as you have currently? Very soon, you will have a tag list running into miles (all the more because you write on randot topics). Try having a tag cloud instead or list only the top tags.

You should have a widget for displaying the archive of your past posts - I feel that's more valuable than a tag list. You can get tag clouds from Technorati or many other places. You can see an eye-catching tag cloud on my blog which I call MRI scan of my blog! It is useless for readability but good fun nevertheless. I have an easier-to-read Technorati cloud too.

Your 'daily literary quote' widget could do with some tinkering with its width. Having scroll bars for one quote sounds unnecessary.

Keep writing!

Regards,

Pushkaraj Apte

http://www.express-explore.blogspot.com

Susan Deborah
from Goa
14 years ago

Thanks Pushkeraj for the review. The title of your blog is nice: Express-explore. The widget 'Daily Literary Quote' was chosen for the content part. The scroll bars come with it I guess. Can I do something about it? I guess the tag list will run to miles. Maybe I should do as you suggested.

Thanks again for taking the time out for - visiting, reading, commenting. Hope you liked the post's content too.

Joy always,

Susan

Pushkaraj Apte
Pushkaraj Apte
from Pune
14 years ago

At the risk of sounding self-righteous, I will say that I wouldn't have commented on your blog unless I had liked the content.

For me, content comes first. That is the ONE thing which will keep bringing readers back to your blog. After all, that is the only thing which belongs compeletely to the author. Everything else that keeps flashing and jumping out of the screen is only techno-gimmicks.

It is another matter that the definition of 'good content' is itself very subjective. There are millions of blogs on zillions of topics. E.g. consider blogs on Bollywood gossip. Now I may not like the content - I find it difficult to relate to the subject. But I am sure the authors write it because they like it themselves.

On the other hand, your latest post about dualities - I can dwell on the subject for hours, maybe even days. That's what GOOD content does to me, as far as I am concerned!

Keep writing - will follow ur posts.

Regards,

Pushkaraj

Susan Deborah
Susan Deborah
from Goa
14 years ago

Pushkaraj, thanks again for the nice words. I have done as you had suggested. Taken off the labels widget and added the archives. Looks pretty decent now. I did see your 'MRI Scan.' Looks very catchy. It will be great to follow up discussions on posts too.  As for the dualities --am still caught up with a new one now: Widget/content. LOL.

Thanks for taking the time.

Joy always,

Susan.

sm
sm
from india
14 years ago

blog is good

content is good,many people may find it difficult to understand so will be good if  you will explain the terms in short also.

Susan Deborah
from Goa
14 years ago

Thanks sm for taking the time. I know certain things are difficult to understand but in the flow of writing, I don't think about that. Maybe I shall take your advice.

All the best.

Susan Deborah
Susan Deborah
from Goa
14 years ago

Reviewers! Thanks and lovely that you took the time to review. I am ranked 50 and that is 'Oh So Nice.'

Joy always,

Susan.

Pushkaraj Apte
Pushkaraj Apte
from Pune
14 years ago

I share your happiness about the rank 50. My own blog was stuck at 30 for what seemed like an eternity, then one day I saw it was 70. Then the number 70 became a synonym for eternity for me, then just two days back, it was 75! And indiblogger now lets me use a smart badge that proclaims it.

I have figured out that the rank goes up by measuring ur activity on indiblogger network, and of course, on your blog itself. So the more you write, the higher you go.

Don't forget, content is the KING....

Regards,

pushkaraj

Archana
Archana
from Bangalore
14 years ago

hey your blog content looks good.. and the language too.. :)

why not try a different template in blogspot.. the widget code can be easily added to any template I suppose.. Also dont mind, but long paragraphs  in some of the posts tend to turn away readers as far as I think. :) (I may have repeated the mistake myself, but its one thing that I keep in mind.. )

Susan Deborah
from Goa
14 years ago

Archana: Thanks for taking time and having patience to visit and review my blog. Yeah you're right about the long paragraphs. I should learn the art of breaking ideas into paras for better clarity. I will also keep that in mind next time.

You keep writing and so shall I. Great time ahead.

Joy always,

Susan

Sonya Gee
Sonya Gee
from New Delhi
14 years ago

Hey Susan,

I really like people who have excellent command over their language and can streamline their thoughts. I must commend you for having both of these qualities and displaying it on your blog.

couple of suggestions though :

1. Try for a more interesting layout.

2. Some of the posts can be broken into more paragraphs or some pointers .Can highlight key points to emophasise on the subject of the post.

and keep posting.

cheers,Gee

Susan Deborah
from Goa
14 years ago

Sonya: Isn't that a Russian name? Thanks for the nice words and extra thanks for the time you have taken to jot down suggestions. Yeah, I should learn the art of breaking ideas into paras. As for the layout, I need some time to figure out stuff. I shall email thee for thoughts and ideas.

Glad that you stopped by to read the meanderings and reflections.

Joy always,

Susan.