Shrestha S Purkayastha would like you to review his/her blog.
[ ]

A humble request! Please review my new blog.

We never said #ALLMENARESAME

Okay this particular topic is so wholly sensitive that even while talking about it you should know that some are not gonna like it at all, some are actually gonna like if they truly relate to your words as in if even they’re like minded people and could read in between every line, also, it might violate certain perspectives or thoughts, but that shouldn’t mean you don’t speak at all.

So now that we’re so much surrounded with some fifty hashtags, carrying its individual significance, one such topic that never seems to get old yet a lot controversial is this‘FEMINISM.’

You see, I am not someone notable enough to talk for feminism or against feminism, nothing. But the thin line, the fine line, between this for and against is something that calls for an address in the right manner. And that’s exactly what this article is going to be all about.

Beginning with, those who think feminism typically symbolizes the color pink, it ‘blindly’ protects women regardless of ‘whatsoever’, then no! Sadly that’s not what feminism calls for. The true gravity of the meaning doesn’t rely on how you take it or how you conduct yourself while talking about a particular title, an institution or organisation or whatever. Also, Feminism nowhere mentions that it ‘blindly’ hates men. No. none of that.

Feminism, in authentic sense, is uplifting the other women in every genuine way possible. We’re supposed to empower each other in need but it’s nowhere mentioned that the empowerment of our girls and women can only be possible if we rightly oppress the men.

Feminism stands for uplifting women because come on we all know, despite the evolving modern centuries, the speed of the change in looking at women, considering women, respecting women, position of women is so bloody slow, that we no longer hold that patience to wait for the entire world to change. Clearly we can’t.

True, that with so much happening around, with so many distinctive people exploiting this particular word, translating it in their own language, people actually get confused with what the hell is this Feminism and they start generalizing and that’s exactly where the clash takes place.

Look I don’t know  about all, but I’m pretty sure many women out there are already aware of this imbalanced ratio where a certain portion marks the kinds of women who have or had or have been taking advantage of every possible law that was introduced as a safety shield for us. There resides a section of women who have been successfully oppressing the gentlemen out there, but considering this fact, it doesn’t cover up for what a majority of women have actually been brutally facing till date.

Yes, similarly, breathing amidst a society with so so and so many filthy minded, judgemental, psychic men out there, breathing amidst a world with plenty of rapists and sexists constantly keeping an eye on us, we cannot deny, I repeat, we cannot and we do not deny the percentage of men who are truly admirable and could be blindly relied on.As far as my basic knowledge is concerned, Feminism never promoted ‘#ALLMENARESAME’ or ‘#HATEMEN’ or something like that because we rightly know, by following that, we’ll be actually extremely disrespectful towards every legitimate and pure man out there. I’m blessed with a wonderful father, I’ve an amazing brother-in-law, I’ve had a really good boyfriend, and I talk to some incredible male friends on a day-to-day basis. I might blabber at times that yeah you men are like this only but I cannot even for once believe that all men are same. 

Feminism is just not what certain people keep taunting about on a random basis. Dominating and Intimidating is just neither synonymous to Women Power nor Girl Power. It’s very much known to us. You might have met feminists who follow so and so version of Feminism, which I am certainly imprompt to, but on the basis of that, you simply cannot generalize the entire meaning.

There’re even men who are feminists you know, because they rightly understand the explanation, they do understand that the very fact, about a man is nothing without a female’s presence doesn’t change. Agree or not, that’s just true.

I am a Feminist, but I never keep talking about it just for the sake of hundred other people to know. I’m a feminist for the women who are made to be quiet even after constant tortures and brutality. A feminist for the women who aren’t allowed to choose a good life partner because of her background. A feminist for the women who are time and again reminded of their average looks, shape and complexion. A feminist for the women who failed to give birth just because she was carrying a baby girl, for the women who are considered as nothing but that useful doll you can keep having sex with. For the women who always take a step back while shopping because they’re somehow forced to shop according to what people will say rather than what she wants for herself. I am a feminist for every housewife who doesn’t get appreciated or recognized for her unpaid sacrifices dedicated in the name of every member of the family, for every daughter who is now and then compared to a son and not given a pat in the back for at least her existence, for every such daughter who gets raped by her very own father.

For some women and men who think feminism is entirely a made up thing, it’s purely dramatic, holds no weight then let me just tell you, Feminism neither asks a man to pay the cheque at the restaurant nor asks the woman to pay it all. It’s all about splitting equally without any hesitation. The sensible feminists exactly know that they might just have to end up dropping a man back home if he’s running late. Feminism calls for an apology if you dare to raise your hand on the opposite gender. Because I can’t remember feminism misguiding women.

If I being a feminist, refuse to stand for a man hitting a girl whenever and wherever, then I can equally stand against a woman hitting a guy whenever and wherever, because, there resides no specific privilege in the book of violence. What’s wrong is wrong. That’s pretty obvious agree or not! But yes provided? What I had mentioned earlier.

Being cool doesn’t depend on if you’re a feminist or not. It’s all about if you’re true to yourself, if you do justice to what people are continuously fighting for. It’s never about sounding cool, or showing off or pointing a finger. You’re a feminist? Good for you. You’re not a feminist? Good for you. But if you are, I hope you contribute as an example to the meaning instead of just bragging and boasting around.

I’m sure there’re many other like-minded feminists, who stand for what is right, what is needed, but not by degrading the opposite gender because that’s nowhere needed. And I repeat, the sensible feminists rightly know that. Guess what? We don’t wanna be equal to the men out there, because we already know we are I mean what’s there to feel insecure about, what’s there to feel inferior about? But what we stand for, what we speak for, is giving this equality a prominent face which is utmost needed. And trust me it’s a constant struggle with every passing day!

Before questioning Feminism, just ask yourself, why did Feminism took birth? What was the need? It isn’t some random funny word that was trending right? The day you’ll realize what forced the birth of Feminism, is the day you’ll no longer feel the need to even argue on this.