SaroSena would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://thisgreenplate.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 44

Looking for some OPINION!

SaroSena
SaroSena
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Hi All,

I've had this blog for a few years now, and I've always maintained that it is a personal forum for me to discuss my thoughts with this large, random, opinionated and anonymous community of internet users.

But now I want to know, what these words mean, the ones that I write and whether they make sense at all! And most importantly, if there are other people out there who are as crazy or as inclined to my opinions as I am.. or maybe you have something to add to what I think, something that I can benefit out of.

And also tell me what I can do better, to make you leave your footprint on my blog!

Replies 1 to 14 of 14
SaroSena
SaroSena
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I havent had any reviews.. wondering if I did something wrong :( ...

Chris
Chris
from Chennai
14 years ago

G'day !

Am neither Old India nor New India. In a category I'll call 'its just perfect' (using the little bear's appraisal of his porridge).......

Totally new to blogging myself (http://matt368.wordpress.com), I am a content rather than a widget person.

Read a couple of your posts. Thought provoking. Dark and in-your-face at times too.

Think the intensity of your thinking would be better served by crisper posts. Your stuff 'kicks butt' yet you make it a soft landing. ........try using less words to express more.  No invective, just swift short punches that match the mood of your thoughts.

Do that and you're a star !

My thots entirely. Having outstayed my welcome, I rush off into the ether.

Cheers

C.

SaroSena
SaroSena
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Firstly to both, thank you!

Chris: will work on the length, I know from just reading your paras and well I did read your posts too, and u have amazing vocab. I think some issues, which are self serving may still be lengthy- what with the cathartic effect of written words :)

Ashu: (as you signed on my blog). Thank you, I get a kick out of the countries and the IP addresses that pop over at the site. Makes me feel a little international :) But I guess I could place it in a less conspicious part of the blog. I just did a read of your blog, left my comments all over :) Thank you also for the ratings, its very precise. Do hope you pop over for a visit soon!

Chris
Chris
from Chennai
14 years ago

Hi again, 

I concur with your point that lengthy pieces do, at times, serve a 'higher' purpose.

Guess I focussed heavily on the spunkier pieces you wrote and made an absolute statement........

Adequately humbled, I stumble away.

Cheerio

C.

SaroSena
SaroSena
from Bangalore
14 years ago

i'd rather you stick on and see the change that you have inspired!

Chris
Chris
from Chennai
14 years ago
You twisted my arm. Watch out world, star breakin thru !!! C.
SaroSena
SaroSena
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Still looking for some opinion all :)

The Solitary Kid
The Solitary Kid
from Chennai
14 years ago

I'm not much of a critic..but I was kinda obligated to do this review ;)

Well, the first thing that caught my eye was the books you read ; and from the few i've read off the list,you do have an amazing taste.

I read a few arbit pieces ,starting with the one in Dec 04.It's quite amazing to read through history of someone you barely know through 5 odd years.The way your language and thought process has evolved is very apparent.And just loved your pieces under "self obsession".

Keep blogging girl!

-Arun

P.S:It'll be nice if you can include some RSS subcription and bookmarking links on your page.Just a suggestion. ;)

SaroSena
SaroSena
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Hi Arun,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm not a very computer person unfortunately, and I guess my page shows that. LOL. But I'll take it on board and figure out how to do that.

And yes, once you said it, I went back through the older posts and it is apparent. Ha ha and I guess that's a good thing as well. OK then, will follow you through your postings then!

Once again, thank you!

SaroSena
SaroSena
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

With a changed template and a more grown up author, looking forward to having some reviews done on the site

Neeha
Neeha
from Vijayawada
13 years ago

Yep nic blog..bt I think need to modify some colors n templetes

Jus an opinion dont mind:)

Visit my blog www.wannawritee.blogspot.com

Aashish Sood
Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

loved the colorful bkgrnd but why, then, a black background for the posts? try and add more colors!

Also, please try a better colour cding for text and hyperlinks as the current one is a bit harsh on the eyes!

The range of topics is wide and diverse... loved the variety!

SaroSena
SaroSena
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks Neeha and Aashish! Hi everyone, just needed to check if you could give me some constructive criticism about my blog!

Stagg Mann
Stagg Mann
from Stagg Landd
11 years ago

Full circle. Here is my criticism, coming from an altogether 100 days blogging experience: Have a separate blog about the recipes. I imagine people who cook seriously aren't internet savvy. And even if they are, I dont know how much cred they would place on a blog, instead of a professional cooking website. And most importantly, you are alienating half your audience with the cooking articles. Probably more than half, how many women do you see actively commenting on blogs anyway?

Other than that, the articles are good. Not too long, not too short. And the sources you quote and the examples you cite shows you really know your shit and take it seriously, and are not writing on some emo-fueled outburst. I wonder how many people here even know who Gerard Depardieu or Ella Wilcox are.