Anoop Phanse would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://windowstipstrickshelp.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 36

Please spare a minute & review my blog

Anoop Phanse
Anoop Phanse
from Ahmedabad
14 years ago

I'd like to have a genuine review for my blog regarding its design, content & user friendliness.

Thanks,

Anoop Phanse

Replies 1 to 1 of 1
Hemanth
Hemanth
from Bangalore
14 years ago

1.Look and feel: Standard black and white scheme. Looks good. But, the ads are a little too many.

2.Widgets: The first thing one notices in your blog would be the google ads. I would suggest placing the ads a little to the lower side of the page. The other widgets could be organised a little more. I would say, have all your ads to the left and have your widgets starting with "About me" on the right.

3.Content: Your blog merely serves as another syndication point for technical articles rather than have content that you can call your own. This is a major problem with many tech blogs. The biggest problem is that the authors tend to treat the viewers at the same technical level as themselves and get too excited about sharing their knowledge, I too suffer from this. Let me give you an example on how you can make it more interesting for the readers.

For example, in "67 Windows 7 Hidden tips and tricks" - You talked about god mode. The thing, is in the registry if you browse to the following key, HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} the default registry entry's action is to open all tasks in the Control Panel for the operating system because, the subkey System.AppUserModel.ID is set to Microsoft.Windows.ControlPanel. Even with the god mode or super control panel or scum (that is what is its name on my machine), I still think KDE control centre kicks ass ( I really do).

I'm assuming you know all this but, it never made it to the blog. If you would post a small explanation of it, that would have actually make it more interesting for the reader. At the same time along with sharing your knowledge, you can also advice the reader against doing stuff that is dangerous.

Oh! almost forgot have the disclaimer right below your banner :)