Prathiba Rao would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://cuisineindia.wordpress.com ] IndiRank: 69

Please review my food blog.

Prathiba Rao
Prathiba Rao
from Manipal
14 years ago

Hi,

I am a blogger for the past 2 and 1/2 years on word press.com.  I am putting up some of the recipes and have been ranked 81 by the "Indiblogger" community.  I would like to review my blog in order to know if there are any discripencies and to improve the same in course of time.  Thanks .

Prathiba L Rao

Replies 1 to 6 of 6
Giri Vijayakumar
Giri Vijayakumar
from Chennai
14 years ago

Wow! I am immediately bookmarking your blog...

I know nothing about cooking, but the effort you have put in to illustrate your recipies... kudos to you.

You should publish your recipes in book form Prathiba! Excellent content... and I am sure the food is excellent too!

Prathiba Rao
from Manipal
14 years ago

Hi Giri Vijayakumar,

Thanks a lot for your instant reply and the encouraging words. Thanks once again.  Take care.

Prathiba L.Rao

Dr Roshan R
Dr Roshan R
from Kannur
14 years ago

Taken a lot of hard work in making this blog and it shows.. very good work. 

Nice diversity in recipes too.. many sounded extremely yummy.

If I may point out a few things I felt could use a little change :

The pictures take too long to load.. and because each recipe has nearly 8-9 pics on an average, it takes a lot of time for the page to load.. may I suggest a) making the picture size smaller or b) reduce the number of posts which appear in the front page.. 

Overall, lovely site.. well deserving of the high indirank it has got.

Sincerely, 

Dr Roshan

Prathiba Rao
Prathiba Rao
from Manipal
14 years ago

Hi Dr.Roshan,

Thanx for your comments.  The reason for  putting up bigger pictures is at the request of the viewers also the number of pictures in each recipe is to make it clear even for the starters to prepare it easily. So thanks once again for your suggestion.

Prathiba L.Rao

http//:cuisineindia.wordpress.com

Pushkaraj Apte
Pushkaraj Apte
from Pune
14 years ago

Hi,

All I can say after looking at your blog is - I am feeling hungry!

I do agree with Rohan. You will have to find a way to reduce the amount of page space that one single recipe occupies. I don't know if this possible, but maybe the images can be clubbed into a slideshow? You anyway have a tabbed template. (Alas! How blogspotters envy wodrpressers...) so maybe there could be one tab that shows all slideshows, with crosslinks to the recipe tab.

I must tell you this. I have written about 70-odd blog reviews on indiblogger. And this is the first cookery/recipe blog that I have reviewed! It is no surprise that your indirank is already 81. Keep it up.

Keep cooking! Will try to follow not just your blog, but your recipes too. My kitchen is at risk, going by my cooking skills....

Regards,

Pushkaraj Apte

Pushkaraj Apte
Pushkaraj Apte
from Pune
14 years ago

One more thing. Would it be a better idea to sort your recipe index according to the recipes themselves? Rather than by month of posting. I mean, if I am looking for something to do with say, chicken and coriander, then how do I search your blog? I am not concerened with the month in which you posted the recipe.

Regards,

Pushkaraj Apte

vivek pathak
vivek pathak
from Noida
10 years ago

Your recipies are really interesting...however It was difficult to like them and give comments and feedback. 

Please do add more buttons for feedback, comments and rating..Smile