Resmi Jaimon would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://resmi-jaimon.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 54

My Work blog - Freelance Writer

Resmi Jaimon
Resmi Jaimon
from Kochi
14 years ago

I would like to have my work blog reviewed. I have had 100 posts in my blog and currently ranks 80, in Indiblogger. I would like to know how you find my blog, as a visitor and especially a prospective client - it could be a publisher, editor, writer or someone who's simply interested to read blogs. Thank you for your review.

Edited 14 years ago
Reason: Had to edit my requirements
Replies 1 to 2 of 2
Roy Daniel DSilva
Roy Daniel DSilva
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Hello Resmi, just went through your blog and site, and here are my comments.

Well, right off the bat, the blog is quite pleasing to the eye and it did hold my interest for a while. But as I scrolled down, I found these things that could be worked on:

1. The Sidebar is not differentiated in a proper manner. A person might get confused about what content lies in the sidebar and what lies in the main content area.
  2. I am on a widescreen, so that may be the reason why I think that there is a drastic waste of sidespace, see if you can do something about it. But that is also because the main content space is squeezed. If you are not using Google Adsense you don't need such a wide sidebar.
  3. You are on Blogspot, and believe me I have been on it for a while and found it to be almost Neanderthal as far as it was compared to WordPress. If you are can do with some default themes and some restrictions, try WordPress blog. And yes, you can import all your blogspot posts onto your wordpress blog in some ten minutes.
  4. On the content side, my suggestion is to keep the photography stuff away from the writing and other information stuff. 
  5. Too many labels. Try to remove some. 
  6. Too big of a intro line. Seems spammy. See if you can change that. 
  7. Restrict the posts to about 10 or 20 per page, so that the blog seems fuller. 

Here are my sites, feel free to review them: 

www.thefreelanceresource.com

www.fridayfreak.com

sickflicks.fridayfreak.com

Thanks a lot. 

Resmi Jaimon
Resmi Jaimon
from Kochi
14 years ago

Dear Roy,

Thank you for your feedback.

I switched to the new template last week - the template blogger is offering in draft mode. Guess it'd be the problem for differentiating between side bar and main content. Will take a look at it.

As for photography, I have already registered in wordpress and am currently working on it. Hopefully, the blog will be online in another one or two weeks. From then, I will post only a link from my blog or occassionally post pictures like I've done now. I also take pictures, along with providing content. So I guess I've to update my blog with photography news too.

Labels - I didn't know too many will create problem! Will take care of the intro lines as well.

Anyway, thanks for your time and suggestions.

regards,Resmi Jaimon

www.resmijaimon.com