Vibha Sharma would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://literarysojourn.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 53

A blog dedicated to book reviews.

Vibha Sharma
Vibha Sharma
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

I have been in the blogging world since last one year, which started mainly as a way to log somewhere about the books that I read. Soon I some sites showed interest in my reviews and now I am a book reviewer for 'Saffron Tree'  and 'Book Pleasures'.

Just want to have a rational judgement about my blog and how can I improve it even more.

Thanks.

Replies 1 to 15 of 15
Ravi Kiran N
Ravi Kiran N
from Brookfield, WI
14 years ago

A surprising collection of books in this blog - children's books to extremely grown-up ones side-by-side (here are a couple - "Bhabhloo Bear's Adventure" and "Eight Days in Darkness"). I like the simple writing style, with a decidedly solid ability to summarize an entire book into a short post.

The last few months seemed to have expanded the blog's repertoire to include arts, and interviews as well. But on the whole, there is a solid list of books for someone looking to get a balance of heavy and silly reads.

The site would be more useful, if there was a way to show a quick snapshot of the review. A quick yay or nay about the book. Say, if there was a way to show book ratings - maybe integrate with goodreads?

On a more personal note, I have been wanting to put together reviews for the books I read. This definitely is an inspiration.

Vibha Sharma
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

Thanks for your very useful feedback and I liked your suggestion - to add my ratings of the books too. Would think of a way to implement that.

Thanks again for the time you spent on my blog and on reviewing it.

Regards

Ravi Kiran N
Ravi Kiran N
from Brookfield, WI
14 years ago

I'm glad. I liked a site called goodreads.com (http://www.goodreads.com/user/edit?tab=widgets), they have a widget that you could use. See if that helps.

Do you mind taking a look at my blog/site as well?

Vibha Sharma
Vibha Sharma
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

Thanks for the link. I will surely look at your blog, just give me 1-2 days.

Paulami Guha Biswas
Paulami Guha Biswas
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

hey loved your blog. this is what i could wish for after a longtime. :)

cheers!!

Shaista Vaishnav
Shaista Vaishnav
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I have one word. Wow. Very unusual and interesting choice of books. Super blog!

Vibha Sharma
Vibha Sharma
from Chandigarh
13 years ago

Paulami ~ Thanks. I am glad you liked the blog. You comment meant a lot.

Shaista ~ A very big thanks for such lovely comment. I try to be open to different genre of books and since I have two little kids so read all the kidlit for them, to them and with them. Its a lot of fun.

Vibha Sharma
Vibha Sharma
from Chandigarh
13 years ago

Fellow Bloggers,

Would love to get some more comments on my blog. Please do visit.

Vibha Sharma
Vibha Sharma
from Chandigarh
13 years ago

Anybody wants to add anything more? Would love to get more reviews and comments about the blogs.

http://literarysojourn.blogspot.com

http://bitestories.blogspot.com

Vibha Sharma
Vibha Sharma
from Chandigarh
13 years ago

Thanks Comtesse de la Roche. I am glad you liked the blog and the reviews. Thanks for your suggestion. I will try to change the font colour to make it more easily readable.

Vibha

Vibha Sharma
Vibha Sharma
from Chandigarh
13 years ago

Would like to have the opinion of more people please :) Please leave your blog's address in the comment, would visit and review that too.

Vibha

Vijayakrishna
Vijayakrishna
from Chennai
13 years ago

Vibha

Two things: 

(a) Move away from blogspot. Get wordpress. Lot more reader-friendly. Get hosted on your own domain.

(b) Change your theme/template. The current theme just doen't meet the purpose. 

(c) Bigger fonts and more paragraphs will make reading much more easier. 

Like the way you write though!

Vibha Sharma
Vibha Sharma
from Chandigarh
13 years ago

Thanks Vijaykrishna for having taken time out to review my blog. I have a few doubts though -

Isn't transferring the blog from one provider to another is a cumbersome job? I will loose all the comments and discussions that happened for the particular posts by doing that.

Also, it would be a big task to inform the readers about the new location.

Bigger fonts and more paragraphs seem like easily implementable suggestion. 

Thanks once again.

Vijayakrishna
Vijayakrishna
from Chennai
13 years ago

Hi Vibha

It's in fact incredibly simple. There are import/export features in wordpress and blogspot that makes this easy. You can import pretty much everything - posts, comments, categories, users etc.

Wrto informing the users, just a simple redirection would do. All you gotta do is to publish a large image as big as the page 'The blog's moved because it's improved' or something like that and make that image clickable and linked to the new blog. 

If you need help, let me know. Catch me on twitter: vjkrgn

Cheers!

Vibha Sharma
Vibha Sharma
from Chandigarh
12 years ago

Any more suggestions? Please send your comments and views. 

Vibha Sharma
Vibha Sharma
from Chandigarh
12 years ago

Literary Sojourn is foraying into Tech Reviews too. Please do leave your feedback for my blog. Thanks so much.