Maria would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://wannabauthor.wordpress.com/ ] IndiRank: 40

Criticism welcome on my blog posts.Constructive or Otherwise :)

Maria
Maria
from Singapore
13 years ago

Ever since I was old enough to read, I have been enthralled by the written word. So I read whenever and whatever I could. And gradually, the reading branched out into thinking and writing as well.So I went through school being the English teacher's pet (only English) and winning small writing competitions.Of Course those days there were no blogs or Internet.Yes people, remember the time before Google and Youtube and Wikipedia???

Still making my baby steps in the blogosphere.I write about what intrigues me, or puzzles me , or irks me.Mind you, no theories on Marxism or 18 th-century Portuguese literature you will find here :) Just plain old everyday stuff. A blog review sounds interesting.I could really do with some opinions on my posts other than my well-wishing friends and family :)

Replies 1 to 5 of 5
Pradeep
Pradeep
from Bengaluru
13 years ago

Hi Maria,

Nice blog.. only thing I find annoying is, starting a new sentence immediately after a full stop. Looks a bit cramped. Ok now moving on.. I'm not a romantic at all.. but liked your creative writing. I want to know if you want to be a writer or a poet? :)

Cheers!

Vishnu vardhanan
Vishnu vardhanan
from chennai
13 years ago

Nice one...The thing i liked the most is the free flow of thought...Blogging is all about writing what  ever touches your heart and i could sense that in your posts...Keep it going...If i have to suggest you something i would say that some posts are  bit too long(imight be wrong..i only read two).I completely understand that when we write something we cherish what we write and we don't really mind the no. of words or pages.As a writer one knows how long the post should be.And i do cut out few lines if i find my posts lenghty.

One more thing ,the language is good but it 'll be better if it is simple and plain.

Over all very nice....Keep bloggng....Cheeerrrrssss...

Abhinav
Abhinav
from Chennai
13 years ago

hola Maria,

The first thing I noticed in your blog is your archives. You have had this blog since 2008 but put up a post very rarely. You might have your reasons but whatever they are, push them to the back seat cos u have got talent. I loved ur writing style...so more I say...more.

The topics you have taken up are also really good. I could get a better understanding of your nature if i could read more of your posts (yah i know, i said this already...but still)...So keep writing and take a look at my blog too.

Cheers!

Maria
Maria
from Singapore
13 years ago

@Pradeep : U made a gud point. Thanks for that. I started to see my blog from a whole new light after that. And have religiously minded the spaces in my latest post :) BTW, I want to be a writer. Poetry was never my cup of tea...

@Vishnu : Reading your blog and your about me..my my..I felt like i was reading about myself. All the bits about "I love to write" and "I want to write one fiction book" part..Same to same..hehehe

@Abhinav : Thank you so much for the feedback. Just off to check out your blog now :)

prannoy bhatia
prannoy bhatia
from warangal
13 years ago

hey .. nice ..

keep it up !!!

you do have some potential for being a writer ..

just try to keep your writing as fresh as possible ... it could be the same old stuff people have already written about , but you can always include somethin  new in the same old thing ..

all the best . :)