Abhineet would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://abhineet.in ] IndiRank: 52

Blog about stories and life...

Abhineet
Abhineet
from Moradabad
13 years ago

I started this blog more than 5 years ago. Recently I made a lot of changes with an entirely new theme and huge changes in the layout. Can you please take some time to review my blog?

My blog link is: www.abhineet.in

Edited 9 years ago
Reason: content updated
Replies 1 to 11 of 11
Anil
Anil
from Mumbai
13 years ago

The layout is neat, especially the way you have marked out the columns.

But the 'About' page is blank, it needs information. That is the first thing visitors will check if they like your blog.

In place of the FB call-out, I might have used that key space at the top of the blog to link to your content, or even to supplementary content so visitors get value for their time on your blog. Maybe your 'categories' and 'archives' may get more play if they're pushed up instead of the FB call-out. Just an opinion.

The tagline "Unlearning the Learnt" is a nice one no doubt, but is much used and visitors might interpret it differently from their own association with its import. Maybe a tag-line that better reflects your categories "Fiction" "Gadgets" Life" "Technology".

The posts themselves could provide more value if you were to interlink to other authoratitive posts of bloggers in the domain. Interlinking within the post or at the end. If you can quote people you've spoken to, the readers will benefit from opinions other than your own, and maybe improve the influence of your post.

Any pictures to go with the post, pictures you have taken yourself will help further.

The writing style itself needs to be a little more active, and crisper. And if the title is "10 reasons . . ." then bring on the reasons quickly in the post and within each reason, come to the point quickly instead of putting up background information first up.

Overall, I liked the layout approach very much. It shows the visitor how serious you are about this effort. The design is easy on the eye (except maybe for the narrow block in the header that jars the eye). Your blog promises much. All the best. 

Abhineet
from Moradabad
13 years ago

Thank you so much for such a genuine & invaluable review.

I will consider all your points & will definitely try to make things better.

Smile

SanjanaM
SanjanaM
from New Delhi/New York
13 years ago

The layout is neat and well organised.

http://marmaladeskies-sanjanamalhotra.blogspot.com/

Deepika
Deepika
from Chandigarh
13 years ago

u have a nice blog.. with the categoriesmarked neatly. its catchy and alluring

good work

Abhineet
Abhineet
from Moradabad
11 years ago

Since last time, there are a few changes in my blog. Can anyone review it now?

Thanks in advance.

Himani Agarwal
Himani Agarwal
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Nice writings....concise and appealing...

Pl do visit my blog just stated when you find time....

http://itjusthappenandthen.blogspot.in/

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Hi Abhineet,

Great to see you getting back in the blogging groove. Welcome back. Smile

The layout is clean and tidy and I loved the way you have arranged all the things in proper order. The posts are well written with neatly structured paragraphs and fluent english.

Two things that I would like to suggest are -

1. The share widgets: If you could arrange them somewhere below or push them a bit more towards the sides, that would be nice. As of now, they are obsructing the reading process a bit.

2. I couldnt see an About Me page anywhere. It is always nice to give a sneak peek about yourself to the readers especially since yours is a fiction cum personal blog. Its helps readers connect in a better way.

Overall, its a wonderful blog and I hope you keep the post frequency ticking at a good rate now that you have returned back to blogging. Happy blogging :)

Abhineet
Abhineet
from Moradabad
10 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I have done some serious changes to my blog. Please take a look.

Your feedback will be appreciated.

My blog link is: www.abhineet.in

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Great design Abhineet, claim the site on alexa.  The about me is to long and you are in third person and Mr.Rakesh is in first person change that to single style.

Another suggestion move the Infybuddy FB widget down and abhineet.in up and add G+ widget if you want good rankings in Google

Abhineet
from Moradabad
10 years ago

@Vijay: Thank you for the review and suggestions. I have a few doubts:

- Do I need to claim my site on Alexa?

- Where did you find Mr. Rakesh in my "about me"? There is no Mr. Rakesh.

- And also how my "about me" is long? It is just 2-3 lines.

That InfyBuddy widget shows up only on the posts about Infosys, not on all the posts. Thats why it is above abhineet.in widget.

Adding G+ widget is a good idea, will do it for sure.

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Yep Abhineet if you want good ranking you have to.  Even indiblogger takes alexa into account.   Rakesh Kumar was a commentor on ur site and in the morning it was appearing within the post. http://abhineet.in/lifeatinfosys/two-years-in-infosys/

now it seems ok and G+ is must if you want good viewers

Abhineet
from Moradabad
10 years ago

Thank you so much Vijay. Your suggestions are really helpful.

I have added more social options to my blog. Added a G+ widget.  Also claimed the site on Alexa.

Regarding "Rakesh Kumar" thing, actually sometimes while using non-HTML5 compliant browsers, disqus renders the comments as static content.

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

din know that and din ever happen with me while i was using disqus

Abhineet
from Moradabad
10 years ago

ok. It happens with me whenever I try open my blog on my office's IE 8. Tongue out

Abhineet
Abhineet
from Moradabad
9 years ago

My blog is now more than 5 years old. I have again made huge changes to my blog. Completely changed the theme and layout.

It would be so nice if you can take out some time and give me some feedback.

My blog link is: www.abhineet.in

Anjali Sengar
Anjali Sengar
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

Hey Abhineet, I liked ur blog..

http://zigzacmania.blogspot.com/