Abhisek Ghosh would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://www.taking-cover.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 25

Hey, will you please review my freshened-up blog? Will review back! :)

Abhisek Ghosh
Abhisek Ghosh
from Kolkata
13 years ago

Hey! I'm in the 12th Grade and I've been blogging for almost a year now.. and most of my posts are appreciated by my friends. I write anything and everything which comes to mind and hence, my blog is a dynamic collection of randomness!

However, I've noticed that even though I submit my posts here at IndiBlogger, the page visits I get are below expectations. I thought a review would be the best way to know what is amiss!

So, take a look at my creation.. Take Cover from life! Laughing

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Updates
Replies 1 to 12 of 12
Monica
Monica
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Just going through your blog. Just random thoughts on the few posts I have read:

I like your blog, the template with the steaming coffee, nice. :D

The socially connected network links, with the iLike button, share, FB plugin, subscription zone, page visits= Big thumbs up.

My freecopyrights? Does it really work?

Overall design is super interactive. I definitely like.

Moving on to the content, I randomly read posts and most of them were on social issues that you are questioning, voicing over through your blog. I like that, have a few posts myself, on my personal blog, during the span of the Mumbai Blasts. Anyhow the point I wanted to make from personal experience is we tend to sound accusatory when we really feel for an issue. And the readers don't like that. We are probably trying to do a "Jaago bhaiya jaago" but it sounds like we are pointing the finger at them, makes us sound a little holier than thou. Just a thought. Baaki its going to take me a while to go through all your posts. :-p

Abhisek Ghosh
Abhisek Ghosh
from Kolkata
13 years ago

Haha! "Jaago bhaiya Jaago" ? Nice! :D

Thoroughly appreciated! :D

I guess you should go through some more of the posts.. not all are social issue based! I'm guessing the one you read was about the Ruchika case? Well, it was just to promote this Community page we created in Facebook to host real time debates, which incidentally has had a tremendous response!

Anyhow, I'll wait for you to go through the other posts! But, thanks a lot! :)

Abhisek Ghosh
Abhisek Ghosh
from Kolkata
13 years ago

Thanks Sarah!

Point noted. Fonts, here I come! :P

Abhisek Ghosh
Abhisek Ghosh
from Kolkata
13 years ago

C'mon!! Can't anyone spare 5 minutes? :(

saikat ghosh
saikat ghosh
from asansol
13 years ago

hey Abhishek,

wassup..

well am goin through your blog...now..!!!! the theme is grt..steaming.. :) ,the london dairies picture grt ,r u into debating ?as in one of the pictures i saw a caption: the Indian debate team , the Zucerburk story wonderful....i have to read futher into ur blog...keep the good wrk...and do visit my blog too ,

http://campbuzzz.blogspot.com/

Abhisek Ghosh
Abhisek Ghosh
from Kolkata
13 years ago

Hey Saikat!

Yeah.. I'm into debating.. BIG time! :)

That picture is that of the Indian team which competed against the UK team in the International Finals. We had won the All India Final last year and hence qualified to go International! :D

Thanks for the review. I hope you come back and check out some of the other articles! There's a comic strip called "The Atoms!" too.. you can get it through the archives! And LOADS of poetry! hope you like them!

@ Monica : I forgot to add the other day, yeah, the copyrights thing works :) I get a registered Copyright document in my email inbox for every article / post I write. Thus, its actually criminal if someone copy-pastes my work! :P

Zaira Hakeemshah
Zaira Hakeemshah
from Chennai
13 years ago

Great work!! The look is really good. Am sad that wordpress (where my blogs lie) doesnt have these kinda themes... 

I read a few of your articles. Nice to know that these social issues have been captured and published. Keep writing and posting more and more..

My blog is mostly personal with bits and pieces of my life clinging on to the screen and a few of those social causes from my own experience. 

The blog was started to pay a tribute to my loving husband, who is currently at Dubai. His birthday was nearing and I had no clue how to gift him and thus evolved the blog, http://zradar.wordpress.com/2010/10/11/. You should have a look. This is my personal favorite too...

Abhisek Ghosh
Abhisek Ghosh
from Kolkata
13 years ago

Hey Zaira!

To begin with, thanks a lot for the review! The social issues in my blog are the more recent posts.. You should take a look at the older posts for other stuff too! There are lots of poems, stories, critical articles and comic strips!

I checked your link! Before I comment on the post, the blog looks excellent! I love wordpresses' option of categorizing the posts.. wish Blogger had that too!

The best thing about marriage was so beautifully written! I have seldom come across such a composition.. I love the way you have handled the description and the way you speak about how much he matters! Indeed, beautiful!

Thanks again, though. And I'll keep visiting your blog now so WRITE MORE! :P

Zaira Hakeemshah
Zaira Hakeemshah
from Chennai
13 years ago

I logged in to check your blog and review on them. But office has barred it all. let me go home and give a look.

I have a few more posts in Inidvine now, starting with 'The Best Thing about marriage', though not much response :-))).. So do have a look and promote them if you like any. And this time, dont forget to leave a comment.. I love comments a lot  Hehehe

Also I have changed the look of my blog. Check it out!!Do lemme know whether you liked the latest or the prior one :-))

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Your template isnt completely charming, of course the background is appealing, the over all template isnt that user friendly. Having a lot of sidebar items on the main section and readability is affected. Certainly you need a better theme dude.. 

You write good and i liked reading your posts. 

Abhisek Ghosh
Abhisek Ghosh
from Kolkata
13 years ago

@ Zaira : Thanks! I'll definitely catch up with your posts as soon as my exams end!

@ Hemal : Major thanks! I'll look it up. :)

Abhisek Ghosh
Abhisek Ghosh
from Kolkata
12 years ago

okay guys, I've tried my hand at listening to all the great advice all of you came up with and I'm guessing its probably better than what it was before. Please give it a try again? :)