Sameer Kamat would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://www.mbacrystalball.com/blog/ ] IndiRank: 78

MBA blog: Looking for kind-hearted souls to comment

Sameer Kamat
Sameer Kamat
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hello everyone,

Though I've been active on several MBA focussed discussion forums and pretty familiar with the rules of the game there, I'm relatively new to the blogging scene. So my focus so far has been to build up the content on the blog rather than look at beautifying it.

I do realise that the aesthetics (or the lack of it) need a fair bit of work. But in terms of the feedback on this thread, I was hoping to go beyond that and trigger your grey cells a little more.

I'd be keen to hear your views on how the initiative itself could get some traction. Do let me know if that's too much to ask for on this forum, in which case we stick to the regular scope.

Will appreciate your thoughts and ideas.

Thanks.

- Sameer

Replies 1 to 14 of 14
Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Namste Sameer! Your blog is very nice and a good guide for MBA aspirants.

Sameer Kamat
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Namaskaar Mohini.

A special thanks to you for two reasons. It's always scary when one is taking the first few faltering steps in a new world (blogging or otherwise). And the initial support that one gets is always special.

Apart from your post on this thread, you are also the first one to join the Google Friends list on the blog. I added that recently and it was getting just a little lonely out there with no other members. Our facebook page has many folks on it as it's been around for a while. Facing a similar situation with my first Indivine post.

I saw your blog as well. Sounds very genuine. Good work, Mohini. The Diwali post story seems unfortunate. Hope you get credit for the work

Zaira Hakeemshah
Zaira Hakeemshah
from Chennai
13 years ago

Nice.. Would be really useful the ones who pursue this field.. Just a suggestion. Is it possible for you to include links for mock CAT exams here? Anyways,I liked the good intention behind the blog. I'll keep spreading the word

Have a look at mine - http://zradar.wordpress.com/

To start with, have a look at - http://zradar.wordpress.com/2010/11/09/professionally-innocent/ and http://zradar.wordpress.com/2010/10/13/difference-between-owing-a-license-and-owning-a-vehicle/

Sameer Kamat
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hi Zaira,

I checked out your blog and specifically the 'Professionally Innocent' post.

>> “So is that how test tube babies are born?”

Hilarious!

With Fareiba keeping you on your toes, I'm guessing it must be tough for you to balance the life and wife part. I've just promoted that one on Indivine. 

Coming to your point about mock CAT exams, my blog focuses on international MBA programs so in the current scheme of things the CAT exam wouldn't fit in. But maybe in the future when/if we increase the scope of the initiative, we should be able to include it.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, Zaira.

Sameer Kamat
Sameer Kamat
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Looking for some advice from any veterans out here.

We've been getting quite a bit of traffic to our site through organic (Google) searches, but we don't have too many referral links yet. And I see that many Indibloggers are experts in that area. Hoping to balance that out.

So if any of the folks out here think our initiative is worth mentioning about (and it doesn't conflict or contrast with the focal topic of your blog), please do mention about us on your blog.

I'd be happy to put a trackback in the blog post to divert some of the traffic to your site.

Just a small gesture to help both sides :-)

hai sameer,

Sorry, i could not review your blog as I have promised.  I was truly busy.  Not easy to carry on with the work pressure and blog.

I saw you instruction as to how to give referral link only just now.  Ok I will do that straight away.

I am at the same level in terms of 'feeling lonley' with indiblogging. But time will change things. have hope.

I think if we can build a net work among those who are intereted in education and learning, that may be  good idea.

Do not loose hope. keep it up.

sincerel prasanna

Sameer Kamat
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hi Prasanna,

All going well, buddy?

I think your blog is doing pretty well. It is higher than most other Indian blogs on Alexa. So there's something you are doing right out there :-)

>>I saw you instruction as to how to give referral link only just now.  Ok I will do that straight away.

I couldn't see the link, maybe I'm not looking in the right section.

- Sameer

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Namaskar Sameer,

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Hey, whatever I have written could not get published.

Here is al that

I like to refer site http://www.mbauniverse.com/ . If you can join here, you can give your expert advises to the aspirants, through live expert chat and through articles. This wil bring your nice work in focus.

Sameer Kamat
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hi Mohini,

Thanks for the tip and for going the extra distance to find this out. Seems like the discussion forum on this one is focussed on the Indian MBA programs.

My focus is on the international programs. There are some forums where I'm already active (Businessweek, GMAT Club) as these are meant for international programs.

Maybe I'll explore submitting an article on MBA Universe.

I appreciate your suggestions, Mohini.

Anything special that you are trying out for your blog?

- Sameer

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Also plz check out THREAD how to get google PR?

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Thanks Sameer,

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

whatever I type don't appear here. What's the problem? This really sucks.

Anyway, Thanks.

Special thing is special writing. But I take the opportunity to promote my articles, wherever it is possible. Indivine is gr8. Once you submit your post here. It is never deleted. If you get vote for your posts from expert bloggers, it adds the respect and confidence too.

At the beginning I was very shy and waited for the readers to come. But this is not right. You should introduce yourself to the world. People really appreciate and love talent.

Another problem is sometimes we can not put our work in front of right people for whom we are writing. Experts from your MBA field can understand the worth of the work you are doing.

If I fing something more, I will share.

Sameer Kamat
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Ok teacher :-P

Sameer Kamat
Sameer Kamat
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Interestingly, a few days back our blog got listed in the top educational sites page on Alltop.com.

For whatever it's worth, it now figures among the top 100 out there.

For any Indibloggers interested (in sharing traffic) hopefully the referral links idea sounds a little more appealing now  :-)

Happy to put a link back to your blog to grow the inter-linked community.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

congrats Sameer!

Mohini

Teacher of gr8 teachers (like Sameer).

Sameer Kamat
Sameer Kamat
from Mumbai
13 years ago

The main MBA site just got upgraded by Google from Pagerank 2 to PR3 :-)

The blog's got a facelift. Strangely, no separate Pagerank for the blog. And I'm not sure it's about timing (being relatively new).

Any tech experts got any idea why?

Debojit Barthakur
Debojit Barthakur
from Guwahati
13 years ago

Hi Sameer,

Content is the mainstay of any blog, and yours has it in volumes. Not a bad template either. I liked it.

Debojit

Sameer Kamat
Sameer Kamat
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Blogadda.com awarded our blog the Notable Newbie award Smile

Sameer Kamat
Sameer Kamat
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Finally got a Pagerank for our MBA & GMAT blog. The main site already had one, but Indirank considers the blog rank specifically (as opposed to the underlying domain Pagerank).

Curious to see how our Indirank will change in the next update.