Kokonad Sinha would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://www.themattefinish.com/blog ] IndiRank: 43

Mostly Pointless - Please help me improve my blog

I am trying to improve both user-friendliness for navigation and blog content. Please review my blog - I would greatly appreciate your input!

Thank you in advance!

Edited 15 years ago
Reason: Topic was too general, unspecific
Replies 1 to 9 of 9
sm
sm
from india
15 years ago

good blog

like it

keep posting

http://realityviews.blogspot.com/

Thank you SM for yor input I really appreciate it! :)

Thank you so much Kadambari! :) The compliments surely made my day. And thanks for putting me on your network too...!

About my name - so during my naming ceremony, my dad coughed at the moment and all the pundits heard Kokonad.

About the name for my blog - :D It sure brought back memories of the days when I started out blogging way back in 2006. I had called it Mostly Pointless, inspired by the definition of "earth" in the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy - it was initially called Harmless, and after careful revision and research they apparently upgraded the definition of earth as "Mostly harmless".

When I started blogging, it did not occur to me that I could change the name... and I guess that's why it stuck. I surely don't think it is pointless - I love writing and as long as it makes people laugh or think, it surely is 'full of point'! :D

I love 'spiral'. Makes one ponder over the name.

Ha ha ha! People do sometimes judge a blog by its name (I know, horrible thing to do) - I happen to know people who decide how good or bad a blog is based on how it is named. Also, I believe "random thoughts" is the most cliched blog name ever.

Oh and yeah, before my dad realizes that I have been telling around a concocted story of the origin of my name, let me make a disclaimer here that I love my name for the uniqueness of it. Though it sounds like a coconut (leading to a traumatic elementary school life), it really means "red lotus" in Sanskrit. It was used in classical poetry.

Kadambari: Awww... I feel nicknames become fun once you accept them! :D Actually I am bong - nice guess! People want me to believe that I am Mallu. Because of my name (nadh = sound in mallu, I suppose). Kadambari is a very exotic name, I must say!

Khushi: Thank you Khushi! :) I really appreciate it!

Roshmi Sinha
Roshmi Sinha
from Bangalore
15 years ago

I liked your blog.... interesting name, great content and you use your sense of humour very well... btw, did you mean to name your blog, "beatthematthefinish" and then put an intriguing touch?!!

Your name is unique... I have read a poem by Michael Madhusudan Dutta, the great 19th century bengali poet... he wrote this poem probably on the eve of his departure to England (and addresses the land of his birth)... here is the line..."Madhuhin koro nago tobo mono Kokonad-e."

Well, first of all, THANK YOU for your comments! :) It surely made my (really long and uneventful) day!

Actually, my blog was originally at blogspot from March2006-Feb2009 and then I shifted to "The matte finish". So I guess I named it afterward! An intriguing touch, really? Wow! I am all smiles. Big time. I am glad you enjoyed your visit, Roshmi!

About my name. You are very very accurate. And well read too, I must add! It is indeed from MM Dutta's poem and my dad named me remembering that poem! Unfortunately that name has become Koke (ryhmes with poke). Several people think that IS my real name!

rads
rads
from Chicago
15 years ago

I really liked your blog. The idea of doodles n graphs is too good. Pictures can really spice up what we write. I just read some of the posts. They were hilarious, especially the one on the Indian version of english :)

Thank you Radhika! Also, I really appreciate your commenting on my blog! :)

I used to draw and sketch a lot when I was a kid, so I thought I should put my current doodling to good use too. I am glad you liked them. :)

Roshmi Sinha
Roshmi Sinha
from Bangalore
15 years ago

... So, we get to hear the story behind the name of your blog....

Take a que from the lotus leaf... it grows on water yet remains untouched by it... innovative variations of your name should not bother you Laughing

Cheerio!

I will remember that! :) It's very fascinatingly put.