Jhoomur Bose would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://twistingthetail.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 40

Mamma wants some encouragement

My blog has gone through some inmense changes, most reflecting the changes my life has undergone. From hating men, to adopting dogs and cats, to cooking like a maniac and the latest, having a baby, I've pretty much blogged what I've lived. This blog is (hopefully) a new improved version of my older blog...much like this current phase in my life is new improved version of my older one. What do you think?

Replies 1 to 2 of 2
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hey Jhoomur, welcome to IndiBlogger.

At the first glance of your content, am impressed.. dont know hwo your blog looked like and read like earlier, but this version, i will reivew.

Let me review your blog with pros and cons Laughing

Pros...

• Nice background, showing aptly the freedom you gained in your life Smile
  • You posting fairly regular. Thats good.
  • You write extemely well, no wonder you are a journalist.
  • Print this page a nice touch (dont you wanna spread a green message girl?) but chnage the button to look much more sober. Search for a good CSS style for that button, avoid going for an image

Cons..

• Too much of grapic on home page, try to get rid of images for "You might also like" thingy
  • RHS looks really cluttered, opposite to your list of posts. Try using some other colors than red, which does not go well (for reading) against a coffee brown backdrop.
  • A different font may be will give your blog a classly look
  • There is no contact page, even the link on your about page is not wokring.
  • HEADER: Get a neat header, which can reach either ends of your blog width.

I guess i will be reading your blog more often. Wink Cheers...

@ Hemal: Thank-you so much your time and feedback. If at all you end up on my blog again, you'd notice I've incorporated some of the changes you've pointed out. Of course only those changes that I liked! Ha, ha.

Header: I am really partial to that image of my daughter so will stick with it, though I have expanded it to fit the entire length of the blog. (2) Print icon: Agree about going green, the print is more for those who might use the recipes on the blog. God knows I hate running to and from the laptop when trying to cook something from an internet recipe and much appreciate being able to print one out (3) I've changed the font, totally agreed to something that looks neater perhaps if not classier! (4) Agree about images on the Linkwithin widget but will stick with it as it has often pointed readers to something they really might be interested in reading (5) Shifted the RSS right to top right, hope it doesn't look as cluttered (5) Contact page: oops, better get that fixed.

And yes, hope to see you around! Thank-you again for the input.

@MERCURY: Thank-you too for the feedback. Do note the header change. As for the smileys, I'm afraid they'll have to stay as I do like smiling. :) But perhaps I need to remove the icons and just do with not-icon smileys. :O LOL, agree about the length of the beauty post. I usually like to write shorter stuff, have no patience for reading long posts myself. This one however I tackled like I'd write a magazine feature...only without quotes from "experts". :P Thanks for liking the other posts, hope I see you on the blog again. Thanks again for your time and input. Rgds