Karthik Purushothaman would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://paradoxicalsagawriter.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 25

Looking for Feedback on my Film-Review Blog

Karthik Purushothaman
Karthik Purushothaman
from Chennai
12 years ago

A sincere take on films as diverse as TV premieres to the so-called 'art-house' features and 'cult-classics' alike. I might not be procedural, but I'm brutally honest and try to be intelligible to a third-person.

Replies 1 to 2 of 2
Kristy Kumari
Kristy Kumari
from Amritsar
12 years ago

You should have less posts displaying on the main page, it's too long and can be a bit overwhelming. If you want to keep a lot of posts, then shorten how much displays and give readers the chance to "read more" so they don't get overwhelmed. Also, I didn't notice anyhwere on the page you indicating this is your opinions/reviews of films. Someone who just happened to get to your page that didn't know might wonder what you are doing. Maybe consider a subtitle for your heading or some note to say that's what you are doing.

There's no way for readers to follow you. I would definitely add some follow gadgets on the blogger design page. Put them near the top of the page to make it easy for ppl to follow you.

Karthik Purushothaman
Karthik Purushothaman
from Chennai
12 years ago

Kristy,

Thank you very much for having responded. And apologies for responding late (I didn't know if I had to respond, but yeah). I think your suggestions are brilliant, I'm really flattered you came up with them. I have a couple of questions regarding them.

1. I do hint that it's my review at the bottom of the post. It reads 'analyzed by Karthik Purushothaman' - I didn't know it needed more than that. Plus, it's my blog, so isn't it fit to assume that it's me who's reviewing? Either way, I'd be glad if you could suggest something you think I could do about it.

2. I don't know how the 'read more' option works. I haven't been able to find a way in which I can do that - otherwise I would have done it by now. It's definitely strenuous to read through the whole blog as it scrolls way down, and I'd be glad if you could tell me how I could avail the 'read more' option.

I have duly added the 'follow' option on my blog, it was a trivial mistake that could have cost a lot, though. And I have added tags as well, not to mention a cloud below the 'archives' section. Hope it does enough to enhance readability and appearance.

Thank you once again for commenting. Would be gladder if you took another look and responded. :)

Karthik