Ankit Agarwal would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://gettingmoneywise.com ] IndiRank: 76

Looking For A Theme Suggestion and Feedback on the writing too

Ankit Agarwal
Ankit Agarwal
from Chennai
14 years ago

Hi All,

I have been maintaining a personal finance/biz blog for sometime.Have recently started regularly updating the posts.

Since i am on blogspot,m looking for mimilastic themes that would go well with the content of my blog.

Also,not sure if anyone will have the patience but i will hugely appreciate any kind of feedback on the writing/presentation style.

Replies 1 to 2 of 2
Healthy Living India
Healthy Living India
from Bombay
14 years ago

I agree with Anwin. It's a fantastic blog.

I think you've already got a nice minimalist theme going. If anything, instead of changing the template, why don't you play around with the colours to get exactly what you want.

I'm a big fan of a clean layout with lots of real estate, which is good. The sidebar is well ordered and informative. What impressed me no end is that you've got a GPR of 2 with only 50-odd posts, which speaks volumes about yout writing style and content strength.

I'm curious... is there a strong personal reason behind just 2 posts on the homepage? Wouldn't it make more sense to put teasers on the home page and the "read more" option to take the reader to the post content?

Ankit Agarwal
Ankit Agarwal
from Chennai
14 years ago

Hey Anwin,

Thanks a ton for the kind words dude.I do play around with adsense but then writing itself demands a lot of time for me:D Moreover,finance/investments is not a social media friendly niche,so the only traffic i have on the site is from good ol google and some loyal folks who cared to subscribe:D

PS::I am still waiting for the fotos from the Chennai Linux tweetup*Grrr*

@HealthyIndiaLiving

Thanks for the kind words.Frankly,I give a rat's ass to all those rating parameter.Or rather call it my ignorance.What matters to me is the information sharing and the feedback i receive with the help of the blog.No bigger joy than that:D All i try doing is not to become another news-blog with multiple posts a day and stuff.The blogosphere is getting cluttered with those

I witness a awful lot of pr5-6 blogs with hardly any comments on posts.What point does it serve then if there is no feedback(good/bad).

There is no personal reason for 2 posts.Haven found a rather easy to use tweak for Read more for the current theme that i have:-)

PS:: Both of u guys,if u really found the content worth reading,did u click on the 'Subscribe' Button on the Blog:D