How often do you post? Are you satisfied with your frequency?

Rumbaho.com
Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

So, I am a very unpredictable blogger.

Thought it might be a good thing to know the following:

A. How often do you post? Please provide a monthly Average from the last 3 months and also mention if you are consistent on a weekly level.

B. How often do you think you should post?

C. If B>A, then what are you going to do to increase your blogging frequency? Experienced bloggers are especially urged to answer this as it would help new bloggers who are struggling with regular writing.

D. Will you be able to maintain the quality of your posts if you blog more? It's not enough to post. The standard of your post leaves a lasting impression on your reader, especially a new visitor.

Replies 1 to 19 of 19 Descending
Rumbaho.com
Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

I'll answer first, as per the trend.

A. Around 2-3 posts per month, not consistent on a weekly basis.

B. Atleast 1 post per week.

C. Decided to work on writing more. Checking various blogs and news for ideas. Pushing ourselves to read more blogs to get something churning in our heads.

D. We hope so, but we are not sure of it.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

100/100 for your shorta nd crisp answers. :-)

To maintain consistency ona  weekly basis, try scheduling blog posts instaeding of posting them whenever you write one.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
A. I post 4-8 posts per month. The average is 5 for the last 3 months. Yes I do post at least one post every week. B. I think 6-7 posts per month is a good number. C and D. I do meet my expectations mostly but do fall short sometimes. But then the quality of posts do suffer if you just try to meet numbers. Blogging is for fun and its not the end of the world if you publish only 5 posts instead of say 8!!! Just enjoy and its all fine:):)
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Great........Arti

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
3 posts already published this month... One more on Lalbaugcha Raja and Ganesh gali today!! That makes it 4 in 11 days... So this month the number of posts will be a lot higher, I think 9-10:)
arti ji , u r a disciplinarian, keep it up.
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Published:) Am not that disciplined too Pramod ji :-(
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Lalbaugcha Raja:) Off to check it right now:)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Yes, blogging si fun and we start monitoring our progress, teh fun vanishes all of a sudden.

i am an aalasi what u call it, i can not forgive my mind to get so moneyminded that it clicks to write for conests only.

i think my readers too shy away from my blog, lest they find something to vote for. i am sorry fr that friends.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Pramod ji, You must write more... I loved your hostel stories that you shared, about your friends and your life there... You must be having many more!!!
Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

kya fishing hai bhai?

thanks arti ji, I will surely try and write more.  

rumbaho, why don't you write something on marriage topic on my marriagebook. you have the talent. you will be getting link backs too, 

Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Pramod, are you sure you want a guest post by a guy who writes about 'Hot Indian Aunties'? You doubly sure? ;o)

boss, i had written a word decent ,after the word something, than deleted the word as I thought it might offend. 

you have the talent. command over words. play with words, 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I think that you ahve written a lot in tghe apst few months, given the number of contests held :-)

Rumbaho.com
Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

errr, maybe you should just keep 1 blog and write everything on it. Managing 3 blogs when you don't have enough time must be quite difficult.

Yeah true! Earlier I had one blog... then grew tired of it! I'm a fickle-minded person, you see!Wink

Love,

Indie:)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Maintaing many blogs always helps. You can keep switching from one area to another oen whenever you liek to do so.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

... I am going to start a new blog in a day or two that will contain just one or two posts.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Well it depends on the mood and opportunity Smile  I clock around 6, sixer in cricket terms on an average, but when there is no subject, one has just take a break and be busy reading others post.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Good strike rate Umeshji :)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I want to take  a very very long break....

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

I can't think anything nowadays....can't switch back and fourth in 3 languages....

try to keep 1 post per week for my marathi and hindi blog....

and

On Gurukripa, try to post more frequently. about avg, totally confused. 

I am not satisfied coz actually it does not take much time to post an article. 

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Write on one blog for the moment Mohini. When you get in the mood again then concentrate on all 3:)
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Arti, trying the same.....:). But can't even one....:(

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Take a break, then try again... You will get over it, Mohini.. Just a phase.. Dont worry, we all have been through it sometime or the other.. :-)
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Is it really so? I never thought this one.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I wonder how you do not by mistake, write a hindi post on an english blog :-)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I feel I am ina  better position because right now, I can ahrdly think of anything to write. But to my luck, I have around 12 posts  ready which will eb sufficient for teh next three months but I find even typing them a difficult task.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Mohini Why don't you try retelling the epics in a way that would suit the present generation?

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I havent posted something on my blog for months now! reason being a change of job, a short trip out of india et all taking time away from my blog (or rather me staying away from it) 

But on an average, I post when i feel like. And i dont remember how many times do i feel like doing it in a month ;)

hemal, atlast you are active again, hope the new venture is great. 

Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Wow! The Indiforum King Returns! It's like a sequel to a hit movie. lol

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Good answer hemal......:). don't know how many times do i feel like doing it in a month..:)

Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

@Hemal & @ Mohini

How often do you think you SHOULD be posting?

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@pramod hehe thank you dude... hope to be active for long this time :P

@rumbaho thank you very much for the red carpet... its a sequel, lets see if we leave the cash registers ringing... :D

I think I should be posting 2 a month at least and anything more will surely be a premium for my readers :P

@mohini hemal shah ver 2.0 is here to stay :P :P :P

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Good to see you back here Hemal:) Hope you stay here now and this is not a guest appearance!!
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

@Rumbaho - Wish to write a lot, but brain gets tired. But I feel life is too short, so we should spread good thoughts as much as we can. Thoughts are immortal.

@Hemal 2.0.......good, what is new in this version. Nice to see you active again with your same style of past version......

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Are Waah:) Hemal ji, Sir where were you? Hope the newer version 2.0 is here to stay:)
Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Hemal , your humility is great! ;o)

I'm sure you will beat Salman Khan's Bodyguard movie records with your sequel. And I'm sure your writing will be better than that movie too. lol

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Hi Hemal. I am always seeing you enter the territory of IndiBlogger, stay for an hour or soa nd return again after a month or so... :-)

Dhiraj Shenoy
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

4-5 posts a month . Trying to increase it 6-7 per month .

great going dheeraj, 

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Its similar to mine!
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Similar to me, but only till teh first half of the sentence

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I am also very unpredictable in posting. During the world cup I posted 2 posts per day.. Now I barely post 2-4 posts per month!!! I would love to post about 7-8 posts per month.
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
All the best!
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

That's natural. The posting frequency increases when there is something to write.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

And all the best for achieving your target!

Raj K
Raj K
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

We post around 3-4 posts a day and that makes it

a) 100-120 posts per month

b) I think atleast a post a day should be fine

c) Though B<A, we feel that we should increase our posts. In the beginning we used to post 7-8 posts a day.

d) Well, we feel that quantity doesn't lower the quality. If you are really passionate about your niche get like minded people to post on your blog. In our case, we are two friends who are passionate about building a real good tech blog and we wouldn't really mind getting more people on board for value addition. In case of personal blogs your personal experiences could be limited and you couldn't be able to blog frequently. So, get your friends to write their personal experiences and this would really make your blog more vibrant.

Sorry for the long post, but wanted to be helpful.

Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

It wasn't a long reply and your opinion and help matters. You should see some of my replies on this forum, I could have written a book with my replies. It wouldn't sell, but still... one can dream.

Thanks for sharing your info.

Your average is phenomenal! But it's much easier for a techie blog than personal because you can always post a how-to-do-some-techie-thing while personal bloggers or random bloggers need to wait for something to strike them as blogworthy. But you already know that.

we feel that quantity doesn't lower the quality.- That may actually be true for a techie blog. Heck, look at labnol or techcrunch!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I think that I will have to spend my entire life reading your blog! :-) All teh best. As pointed out a tech blog into the business of blogging to make money has to maintain taht frequency.

Chaitanya Kulkarni
Chaitanya Kulkarni
from Mumbai
12 years ago

totally depends on the events that take place over the cyberworld, avg. 4-5 a day

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Another blog that can make me sit in front of teh computer for hours!

Raj K
Raj K
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

@Rumbaho: I understand the problem with personal blogs and that's why I suggest to gang up to make the blog more interesting. We all have grown up from our personal blogs and they have played a key role in us being what we are today.

Raj K
Raj K
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

So, it's really important to have a great (not in terms of traffic, but the experiences which attract audience) personal blog.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

On an average, I post once a week and I think that is teh ebst posting frequency for a casual blogger. However, it was disturbed last month and I couldn't blog more than two times and my IndiRank has also dropped drastically.

Zephyr
Zephyr
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Rumbaho: I try to post twice a week and unless I am travelling or sick, I maintain that. So the average for me is about 7-8 posts a month. I am happy if I maintain that frequency. More than that would be a strain on me as well as the readers Laughing

Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

That's much higher than the average, I think. It's quite enough for a personal blog. There's only so much that you would want to write about. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

That's true. Even raeders at times may get fed up with too many posts.

Sairam Rajamani
Sairam Rajamani
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I have been blogging for last four or five months. So what I write will be that of a new blogger.

I want to write 3-4 posts a week.

I have written ~50 posts in the last 4.5 months of my blogging. I have committed to post twice on a topic (MahaParatha reheated - funny version of MahaBharath) to increase my frequency.

THe biggest strain for me is the comics I post on alternate posts. I am not good at drawing and boy! it takes a lots of my time. But I have received good feedback about it. So I am going to keep it

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I wonder how a new blogger can manage to posts 3-4 posts per week. You're doing a good job. The happiness that arising after receiving a positive feedback cannot be described in words.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago
Last 3 months my average was 5 posts per month. Previous 3 months my average was 10 posts per month. And before that 0 per month. And for 1 year before that 2 per month and 1 per month. I think ideal is 7-8 per month. Right now my blog is at cross roads. Thinking whether to increase or decrease my frequency. Also considering if I should stop blogging for 5-6 months and write a book. If I can't publish it, I am wondering if I will serialize it and release in weekly installments on my blog.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

And before that 0 per month

Even I have started from there. Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Oh! I haven't read the full reply before giving the above reply. I wish that I never fall in that category. So, we are going to see a new writer in a few months.

All the best! Smile

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

i post daily or on alternate days and quite happy with that.. but me needs more visitors from India... USA overwhelming right now :P

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

That's wonderful! You must eb working really very hard.

Vishal Kataria
Vishal Kataria
from Thane
12 years ago

Well, here go my answers as per your questions, Ranjith.

• A - Around 3-4 times a month. I try to post on a weekly basis, but might fall short one week in a month.
  • B - I would love to maintain the frequency at once a week, but fall short of time and ideas due to work. So I think what's currently happening is ok.
  • C - B>A, but I would leave my thoughts and actions at where they are, until I can find some more time to spare every week.
  • D - Bright chances are I would mess up my blog if I post too often. Until and unless you can dedicate an hour a day (at least) to your blog, posting more than once a week can be suicide.

LockSign in to reply to this thread