Latest Dove contest, Happy New Year 2012, I pad2 Bonanza, let's share ideas

Latest Dove contest has instilled another fervor to write excellent posts, for IndiBloggers. Let's share difficulties & ideas to covet the glitterati iPad2.

link to page

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=45

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Captain Avi
Replies 1 to 20 of 318 Descending
Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

Latest Dove contest?... can't see any new contest on indiblogger?

My Three Angels
from Bangalore
12 years ago

HERE'S THE LINK MY FRIEND,

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=45

Angels, thanks for reminding. I had missed giving my address , which I gave now to get my package.
Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

Thanks @Pramod... but this link is certainly not there on the Home page of indiblogger... when you click on the Dove masthead-ad, it takes you to the registration page etc...

Yes, so we again have ipads to fight for... wonder how Navin Bajaj is going to feel. No tech reviews this time. :)

Arvind Ji, life goes on. Patience works wonders. Unfortunately some don't get it.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
You win some you loose some... Life goes on...
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Participating is important:)
Rightly said DS
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

All the best @ Arvind

Arvind Ji , waiting for your take on hair, Arvind Ji ,
Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

Just discovered that i am able to reach the contest page from 'trending topics'...

Yo, that's the right place.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

That is where the contest page gets updated first, even before being updated on the home page, I think.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

As a shareholder of the company it is not fair on my part to take part in the contest Smile  So i am staying out of the contest, wishing all the contestants all the best.  Take care of your hair.....use DOVE daily Lolz

Hehehe, dude, I wouldn't bother on that , if I had that stock even. A shareholder is limited in liability only to the extent amount invested. Company cannot demand anymore money frm me, whatsoever. But shareholder can demand fair true balancesheet & all, & vote too on important matters. I hope to see your hurling hairs triology post soon.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
How being a shareholder stop you from participating Umesh ji?
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Buddy that is one of lame excuse, i don t wanna to particpate in hair raising competition, i am sure one more controversy will crop up.  Being a female meet, let them take away the prizes lol.

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@ DS professionally speaking one should not participate if you have stake in the company or be connected as an employee.  Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Haha :) Umesh ji... Even I am wondering what should I post... I have a bad hair day almost everyday since I have bit of curly hair :D
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I dont think that being a shareholder should matter in this case though... But participating or not is your personal wish:)
Employee restrictions are ok, but stakeholder restriction is unwarranted. Unless one is in a position to influence the decisions of the judges.
DS, you are right. It's a tough job this time. But we will also make our presence felt.
I hope nothing comes up this time. And no controversy can deter me to write my heart out. I have already sent in my brain for polishing at Cambridge. Let it come back. It's on urgent renovation.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Good Pramod ji:) This one is real tough for us...
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

That was a good reason to escape @ umesh :-)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Pramod Hope that it returns before the 10th of November :-)

Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Shareholder or no shareholder, participation is the key. Why don't you just mention at the end, I don't want to take part in the competition - & write a good piece of content.

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
One question for Dove and Indiblogger - Will the posts written by Ladies/Girls who attended the dove meet get preference? Obviously they must possess more knowledge on how to use the Dove products as they got their hairs pampered...
No worries DS, men too use dove shampoo, just for a moment think like a girl, and write, lol
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Pramod That was a good joke. I think even males need to take care of their hair if it shouldn't become a play area for mini cars. :-)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I use Dove too P, but they (people who attended dove meet) must have got experts advise which they will rant in their posts!!!

Anyways, All the Best to all Smile

I am going to participate. Let me be honest here. I love the prizes they have announced..so let me try my blogging skills however good or bad it is and hope against hope that I might actually get a hand on one of  those Tongue out Yes yes yes..greed dripping down.

But, I have a bigger reason to write..firstly to thank them that they sent the hamper and secondly I have been using Dove for quite sometime and I love their hair care range, so atleast this is something I can actually write on with 'hands on'..uhh..nah 'hair on' experience. 

And yes, I am not going to crib after the results. After all, it is just a contest Wink

All the best guys and girls..Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
All the best Pooja:)
Sincere best wishes, hit the bull's eye.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

All the best Pooja

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Dove was intelligent enough to gift something before the start of the contest itself. :-)

righto Ranjith, this was a laudable move by dove.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

hehe, all the best Pooja! Looking forward to your hair on exp! :)

Pooja Abhay
from Oceanside/Bangalore
12 years ago

@ Pramodji: Thanks Pramodji :) All the best to you too:)

@ Ranjith: Thanks Ranjith. All the best :)

@ DS: Thanks DS. So you are going to write about your curly locks? :)

@ Arti : He he..yeah hair on experience :) Thanks :) All the best to you too :)

Pooja Abhay
from Oceanside/Bangalore
12 years ago

BowTie too want to participate but that blog of mine is pending approval :( 

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Will try to write a post Pooja:)
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
About BowTie, shoot a mail to the Inditeam telling them you want to participate but the blog is pending approval... They will surely do the rest :)

Renie

Pooja ji, mail at this id, and I hope it will be resolved soon.

bow tie ko bhi best of luck, 

Pooja Abhay
from Oceanside/Bangalore
12 years ago

@ DS and Pramodji:Thanks :)  BowTie got approved. But I realised I forgot to give Tie some hair Embarassed Lets see..Bow still has some hair..so I think I can come up with something:)

Shruthi Ramachandra
Shruthi Ramachandra
from bangalore
12 years ago

Hmm.. tough topic! but I'm going to participate..!Smile

when is the last date for submitting entries?

Pooja Abhay
from Oceanside/Bangalore
12 years ago

Hi Shruthi..The last date is 10th of November..Smile

Best of luck shruthi Ji , it's gonna be a tough tough competition this time. ( looks like ) all talent has to be beckoned. We have Great creative writers onboard the ship called indie,

i hope they extend the dates.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

All the best Shruthi,

Well Pramod, why extension of dates???

Bhai, dimaag polishing ke liye bheja tha na, aane me tem lag riya hai.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Itna tem mat lagao... aisa na ho ke jitna tha, usme se bhi npej-purje nikal ke bhej de!!

DS bhaai, Isi liye Cambridge bheja na, brand value bhi to koi cheeze hai. Cambridge ke naam ka bhailu hoga ke nai.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Pramod Be careful! Something might be keeping an eye on your brain that is undergoing extra polishing. Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Pramod unchi dukan, fike pakwaan...
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Iss ghor kalyug mein kisi ka bharosa nahi kiya ja sakta....

duniya naam pe marti hai, DS, main akela nai, 

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Haha :) Thik hai :)
Pratik Nikam
from Nashik
12 years ago

All the best Shruthi :)

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Guys let me write something here itself rather than participating in the contest.  I always found my hair is very delicate, so it needed the care and attention.  What i discovered is ultimately to have a shampoo bath, i kept changing shampoo.  One day i found a economical shampoo packaged neatly in a transperant bottle, well after few days i found my hair loss.  It was primarily due to this shampoo, which i vowed not to use it again in my life time, instead i used it to wash my car Lolz.  Next i experimented with clinic and sunsilk it was okies performing shampoo.  Using shampoo daily can be habit forming too, so i never leave it to soak for long time lest it chemically damages the hair roots.  Finally i discovered Dove, dialy care and started using it.  Now i need not fear for loosing my hair. Wink

Umesh Ji, what idea given. Rock on. Aise hi Kuch novel ideas barsaaiye.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

That was great! So, are you on Dove now? Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Publish this short and sweet story on your blog Umesh:) Great one:)
Aravind
from Calicut
12 years ago

I still did not get the gift hamper. I registered on 15th of this month.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Diwali Dhamaka by Dove!!! All the Best to all the Participants! :)

Thanks Arti Ji , of all I need them the most. Above all are veteran, classic writers. Only I am weak, somehow scraping through, staggering one. You should also. Write something.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

All the best Arti. I think that you can write something about hair care while during a journey....

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I think will just sit back and enjoy reading about all your bad hair days Tongue out

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Pramodji Your humility is great... You are one of the finest writers I know of, coz you write from the heart and that is certainly not an easy thing to do. All the best to you and to Ranjith also.. May both of you win Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thanks Arti:)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I should have read the rules properly. I though that we were being asked tips to maintain good hair... but now I realised that it was asking what I do and not what can be done.

Looks difficult for I do nothing more than take a head bath daily with clinic plus ( .... not dove  ) and then nourish it with parachute oil ( its again not dove )

I think that I will have to take a photograph of someone's else's hair rather than mine. Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Arti Thank you Smile and hope that I win atleast this time. I am thinking of devoting an entire day to try Dove's haircare products.....  on someone else's hair... Smile

Arti Ji, sincere thanks from heart for such nice wishes. Let's see how it goes this time.
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Ranjith: :D

@Pramodji: It will be all good, hum sab apke saath hain Smile

Thanks again Arti ji, 

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

All the best to all the participants. Hope that the results do not ignite another fierce discussion.

bhai, cheers, let's hope for the best.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yup lets hope that there is fierce competition on the field... Not off it :)

itna jyaada fierce bhi nai,DS, 

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Its diwali time, chances of some crackers igniting here and there are quite high :P

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Lol@ Arti
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

That was a good joke Arti Smile

Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Hope IndiBlogger & Dove will be more cautious this time to pick the winners, after the Samsung Galaxy incident ;) 

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Guys tips for hair maintainence includes combing daily at least 100 strokes adviced otherwise one will get bald or get dandruff problem.  Oiling once hair and massaging too is another tip.  Using Shikakkai powder too is healthy.  Finally comes DOVE Smile

wow, umesh ji, 100 strokes, by jove, i remember my mother combing my hair as a child, I seldom use comb, pracrically, never. just a little push to them backwards from my hand. that's all. and at the age of 48 all hair are shining black. no whites. 

never use oil too.

just dove

Neha Bagoria
Neha Bagoria
from Mumbai
12 years ago

#DoveSpa also had to mail the hair style coupons but didnt hear frm them yet..thts wht being told at dove bloggers meet...but seems it was a # Joke! 

Renie

mail them at this id, I think it will be resolved soon.

asiya omar
asiya omar
from al ain,u.a.e.
12 years ago

WOW ! GREAT CONTEST.I REALLY LOVE DOVE  SHAMPOO,SO SOFT AND SILKY..

yo dude,

Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

What about the conditioner? I love the conditioner & the Shampoo :) 

Pratik Nikam
from Nashik
12 years ago

Yeah u r correct !! M to f8 fan of Dove onwards :)

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago
Wow! Nice to see all the buzz. Look forward to all the healthy competetion. I am going to win the 5 i-pads though with my lovey dovey story in 5 parts. But no worries. You guys can still fight it out for the HTC wildfires. It is going to be the most heart rending love story of modern times of how love transformed my life. Did I say love? I meant dove. The story starts way back in the 80s when I was more career oriented and had no time to give love to my hair. Thats the first part of the story - of all the neglect I subjected my hair to. The third part is on how my hair walked out on me, leaving me lonely, desolate and bald. The fifth part is on how I rediscovered love (dove). I have thrown away all those shaving cream tubes and razors and whole heartedly adopted dove. Now I have a silky smooth flowing beard to go with my bald pate. And I also save those valuable 10 minutes daily to post on Indiblogger amidst my busy schedule. To read my detailed story, hang on for the contest posts to be unveiled.
Aghaaz zabardast diya dude, poora thread hil Giya hai' . Sir ke saare Baal khaade ho giye. Congo's dude
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Thank Gos, you had not thought of releasing your love dove story in fifteen parts. Smile What happened to the second and fourth parts? 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

All the best...

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thats one great post for the contest Tongue out

All the best Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks for giving us a chance to compete for the HTC smartphones atleast Sealed

Kalpit
from Jaipur
12 years ago

hahaha @DS Agree!

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks, Pramod, Ranjith, DS, Pooja, Kalpith. I hope all your comments and replies on my forum post teaser count as interaction and I already have 10/10 for interaction on all my 5 blog entries.

@Ranjith - The second and fourth parts are being nurtured and nourished inside a bottle of Dove shampoo and will come forth soon.

ahaa, @the fool, all braced up this time, great ideas nurturing in the bottle. best of luck to you. 

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@ the fool Waiting really eagerly for your posts:)
Kalpit
Kalpit
from Jaipur
12 years ago

"The contest will be judged on creativity, originality and INTERACTION."

does this ('interaction') mean that the 'Likes' 'Tweets' and 'Shares' will also be considered?

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I think so, indivine votes may count too...

@ds, indivine votes won't count. 

interaction looks like the weightage on comments exchanged etc. but this is just my thought. official clarification awaited.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I think that Interaction could also mean the level of interest we have in replying to the comments received.... interaction with the readers...

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I dont think it means anything if the contests gone by are to be considered.
Right DS,
Kalpit
from Jaipur
12 years ago

well, if 'interaction' means the social popularity and/or comments then its a 'disappointing condition' for some people. Not everyone's blog is popular enough to get hundereds of comments and 'likes'. And it does not mean he/she is not a good blogger!!

@DS, point to be noted is interaction word has been added in this contest only.  Previous ones, they just asked quality and relevance. or likes, this point raised by kalpit has to be thought & acted  upon with importance.

Kalpit
from Jaipur
12 years ago

If this is so! It's a bad, bad thing for some new bloggers like me, having low visitors and 'interaction' level :( Frown

That looks like, but one can start commenting on other potential blogs which comment back, ( eg, my blog ) . And many others. This way Interaction will start. Cheers.
I maynot comment back too, sometimes
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
It was there in previous contests too P... And I am sure it means nothing:)
DS, qvendo contest, there is nothing of interaction word on the page. Previous all winner announced , so unable to see,
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
P ji, in previous contests like Hp, Intel, Samsung had the interaction thing, I think I remember correctly:)

may be DS, lets hope for the best. 

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yup, lets hope for the best:)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

What DS says is right I think. They did have that word interaction.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I am sure of that Ranjith:)
Priyanka Dey
from Delhi
12 years ago

really now!

I just check Pri's blog..the post that won.. No formatting done, grammar wrong at several places, is that how you choose a winning post?

I am not just disappointed because I did not win.My problem is the basis on which you choose a winning post! these are basic things that one must look , esp. into a BLOG!

Really disappointed!

Its such a nice place to share and laugh at the comments ...Both mens and womens have hairs :)..so dove is open for all ...for the starting few commensts Wink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

What about people witha bald head? Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@ LOL Ranjith
Kalpit
from Jaipur
12 years ago

@Rajnith people with bald head loves hair more than the one having nice hair :P

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@Kalpith - But that is a one way street. However we love our deceased ones, they can't love us back.

The fool, Jo chale giye, wo bhi yaad karte, kaise bahadur sir the, roj khud nahaye na nahaayen, Hume zaroor tel pila pila ke, maalish kar kar ke, fir the four letter word _ _ _ _, shampoo, se nawaaja karte the, Ab agle janam hi aise dildaar sir milenge.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

The only thing that those people can do is to hope that it will love them back in their next life. Smile

Rajashekar
Rajashekar
from Bangalore
12 years ago
Tough competition when all these ladiez are there, but let me try too. Hope Dove and Indiblogger consider Men's posts too for winning as 'We love and Care our Hair" too :) OFC, I'm a Dove customer before this contest too and even now :) IPad-2 is what's motivating to write for this. :) Wish me luck too guys and Gals :)
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
All the best Rajashekar :)
Rajashekhar, We not only love & care our hair but our counterparts hair with much more zeal and fervor. So they should give us another + mark to us. But history shows it's a domain masterd by beauties always. Let's hope for the best.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Good one P :)

but the judges too would be loving the counterparts hair only , so the competition is strong friends. All the odds against men. 

previous dove results stats had just one male lucky winner. so brace up all your acumen.

acumen = hair

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@pramod - It can be argued that some of the judges loving counterpart's hair may be women too, which will level the playing field for men . On the contrary however my personal experience does not support this hypothesis. Every morning my wife coaxes, cajoles, threatens and nags me into killing my poor little beard even before it is born. Our only hope is next Gilette comes up with a similar contest with this kind of prizes where we have the advantage.

we can only hope, @ the fool, 

Kalpit
from Jaipur
12 years ago

@TheFool Great idea.. I Hope Gillette is reading this :P

Bhai, a bird in hand is worth two in a bush, abhi to we have dove on hand, let's do justice to it and our hair.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Righto!!!
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Rajashekar All the best for the contest

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Fool Hope that someone sends an IndiMail, sorry an e mail Smile to gilette regarding the same 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Pramod I have two birds in my hand Dove and Qvendo Eagerly waiting to copy other poeple's entries Smile

Go ahead Ranjith, ace the show
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Smile

Pushpa Moorjani
Pushpa Moorjani
from Mumbai
12 years ago

wokey I participated....my entry to this contest is at http://chat-with-pushpee.blogspot.com/2011/10/hair-flair.html ipad2 is too tempting to ignore... hope to get lucky :))

Sincere Best wishes,
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

All the best Pushpa Smile

GeEtS
GeEtS
from delhi
12 years ago

ALL THE BEST TO THE PARTICIPANTS ..

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thanks Geeta Ji , are you participating or not,
GeEtS
from delhi
12 years ago
GeEtS
from delhi
12 years ago

opss sorry Pramod ji

great take geeta ji, my sincere best wishes, 

I haven't written a single word, yet,  

GeEtS
from delhi
12 years ago

but my post is lost somewhere :D ...not visibleSurprised

it will be visible with everyone's post. today was the slated date. lets see if they comeup today.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

All the best, Geetha

GeEtS
from delhi
12 years ago

still nt visible Undecided

GeEtS
from delhi
12 years ago

Ranjith Thanks :)

GeEtS
from delhi
12 years ago
Yo, post visible today, my gosh, my take is getting late by every passing second. I want to complete it today itself. Let's see how it goes
Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

Ok, just finished a 1100 words piece on Dove India. Loving your hair and it loving you back!

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thats great Varun. All the best.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
1100 words, you do love your hair!!!
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I'll defintely cross yours. Smile All the best! Smile

Great show varun, my sincere best wishes to you. Rock on
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Wow, Ranjith!
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Thinking of writing my story in seven chapters, all in one post unlike Pramod's.

One prize is sufficient for me. Smile

Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

@Ranjith - Well said, One killer post & take home the grande prize Tongue out what say dude!

LockSign in to reply to this thread