Latest Dove contest, Happy New Year 2012, I pad2 Bonanza, let's share ideas

Latest Dove contest has instilled another fervor to write excellent posts, for IndiBloggers. Let's share difficulties & ideas to covet the glitterati iPad2.

link to page

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=45

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Captain Avi
Replies 261 to 280 of 318 Descending
Four days left now for Xmas, Wednesday it is, let's welcome the grand Wednesday , with great hopes.
Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

RESULT RESULT RESULT....when?

Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

Maybe clash of winners list between indiblogger and MSN, marie clarie and elle and hence taking time?

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Don't get excited, dude. Most of the winners will be women only. At mayx 1-2 men will be in 15 and that too will mostly be in consolation prizes section. And the strongest contender for the mens' consolation is Mr. Pramod.

Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

You are right dude. I get the drift. Esp after the surf excel results.

The Fool, I am nowhere in the race dude. You are right, it's a domain of ladies, and they have written exceptionally outstanding posts. Among men we have Arvind Ji and many others alot more eloquent than mine. I wrote for sheer enjoyment of the thing. If something does comeup, it's an added bonus. I would always vouch for deserving posts to get the medal of honor.
Varun, keep the hopes ticking dude. Whatever be the drift.
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Alas! I have to change my gender to get a prize? uhh! 

This time Pramod Ji one of the strongest contenders for real. Smile

Thanks Captain, for digging my buried hopes. But It's sole sponsors judgments criteria, and individual luck too. I have seen it closely as a stockbroker. I've seen money flow very closely.
Vasumathi Sridharan
Vasumathi Sridharan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Good morning Pramod-ji. Yes! Hope and Pray! Is all we can do !

Yes vasumathi Ji , the suspense , the thrill, and the life goes on
Avi
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Another day is about to...Cry

Thursday in
deepika
deepika
from patna
12 years ago

I think the results are going to be out only next week ,after christmas..need to wait ...wait ..wait...

Merry Christmas to all!

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

May be everyone is enjoying the holidays. I agree with Deepika that it is going to be after Christmas. But we cant stop checking for the results, can we? Wink

Avi
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Good Night Smile now this thread is dead, due to lack of interest of the participants - hope Dove is watching 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

The reason isn't the loss of interest of the participants but the loss of interest of the captain in running the train Tongue out (Was the train a part of Dove or Surf ? Innocent)

Captain, please entertain us with some jokes...Smile

I am really sorry captain, I was busy celebrating some medals. And I am really on a holiday spree now. I think, the zooookout dance mania, group, can be planned on train
My boarding call announced,
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Here's one:

A disappointed lover lay on the railway tracks to die. A passer-by asked why he had a rice and curry lunchbox with him. He replies: “In this country, you can starve to death waiting for a train.”  Wink

Lol dude,
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Special "Gaai-bhains" express for transporting domestic animals, who have been neglected by the fundamentalist govt.

Sampath Bhoompally
Sampath Bhoompally
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

I wish u a merry christmas in Advance Smile

ROcK ur Party \m/ Cool

Vineet Rajan
Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi Everyone,

We've been told that the final list will reach us by tomorrow morning! So results should be out this weekend!

IndiTeam

Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

chalo yea bhi dekh lete hai, thabks Smile

Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

thanks for the update vineet!

Avi
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

As usual the last one to say Good Night SmileWink

Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

First one to update today :) No results out! :P

Vasumathi Sridharan
Vasumathi Sridharan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Haha!! Feels like having written 10th std exams and waiting for results (with the same churning in the tummy) :P

Good Luck to everyone and Merry Eve of Christmas!

Congrats to all the Winners!!Merry Christmas!

Sauvik
Sauvik
from Kolkata
12 years ago

congrats to everyone who won!!!!! :)))

shwetha
shwetha
from Mangalore
12 years ago

yes congrats to all winners.

all our hard work for posting such a long post to contest is a waste.

And also not recieved Dove free hamper till today . 

Swapna
Swapna
from New Delhi
12 years ago
Many many congratulations to all the winners!!!!!
Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks for the good wishes. Many congratulations for all the winners. Enjoy the spirit of Christmas and New Year. 

Thank you Indiblogger once again and the Dove team. I am so glad that my daughters good deed got some attention and won her a prize. 

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Many Congrats once again Farida ji:) You are truly the Sachin of Indicontests!!!!
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Congratulations Farida! Smile The postman ( or the parcel boy) might have to pay a visit to your house more often in the coming days. Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ DS I wonder if you ever leave cricket! Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Never Ranjith!!! My mom thinks I am mad!!
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

It's natural for everyone to have some form of madness. After joining IndiBlogger, the madness for prizes got added to the existing list of madnessés that I possess. Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Same here!!
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Renie @ Judges Please do come and help me and DS get rid of our madness.... Smile

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Sachin is the God of Cricket.. I will call it Blasphemy DS. I have been a die hard fan of his immediately after Kapil Dev and since I watched him play against Wasim Akrams's bowling as a young lad. Thanks everyone for the good wishes. 

As with other contests.. this is just another experience I had with life. Fortunately it is not a sad episode and I feel so proud of my daughter. 

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Congrats Ma'am Smile

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks Arti.. Love to you

Pooja Abhay
from Oceanside/Bangalore
12 years ago

Congrats Faridaji Smile I never got a chance to tell you but am from Byndoor too :)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Oh! Thats new to me Farida ji! So you too a cricket fan? Or only Sachin fan?
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I was a great fan of cricket DS. Used to stand near the radio and listen to running commentary in the days of Gavaskar, Kirmani, Kapil Dev etc. Yeah yeah! I am ancient. LOL. But then came my daughter who needed attention. Cricket took a back seat after that. The game goes on for long time and I cannot afford so much of time for it. Bringing up a child needs dedication and a special needs child means super dedication. But I do not miss Sachin's batting anytime. Only sad part is, I feel a terrible sadness flowing over me whenever he gets out. We all are greedy for his runs, aren't we?

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@ Pooja. That is surprising. Do you live in Byndoor? If yes, may be we can have a small blogger meet and then blog about it ;)

Pooja Abhay
from Oceanside/Bangalore
12 years ago

Nah Faridaji...My native is Byndoor. I stay in B'lore..I have relatives there :)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I hear that those were real days! My father tells me tales of radio commentary... And who isnt disappointed when Sachin gets out? I even listen to radio commentary now sometimes, but the quality has come down a lot I think...
Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

After Surf Excel and Dove results, I have honestly come to conclusion that In India nothing is decided on merit it seems.

Can Indiblogger share the copy of contract wherein it was actually said that the sponsors would select the entry winners and no indiblogger?.....defiant princess has won! SERIOUSLY?

Defiant Princess
from Jodhpur
12 years ago

@Varun, really? You think my entry wasnt a deserving one? 

Defiant Princess
from Jodhpur
12 years ago

your twitter handle defines you well, RANTING Indian :)

its all a matter of perspective, I guess. The people who judged the contest believed my post was good enough to win something.

Oh well, should be justifying anything to you. 

This news turned my awful day around, must cherish the mood :)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Varun, as I see it you were the sixth person to promote her post and you have also commented "Wonderful Read" to her post... So if you so much hated her post why did you promote it and wrote a comment???
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Congos Defiant!! Enjoy your double win in the New Year:)
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I am sorry to see this response towards Defiant Princess. Congratulations sweetie. 

At times people start thinking there is something amiss when they do not get noticed. It happens to me as I am human too. Indiblogger is good platform and I feel so grateful for not the prices but for the opportunity to stand with professional people and compete. Other than here, I would not be able to compete with great people like you anywhere else. Not only that, they do give some attention to my posts also. If they do that to me, a simple person posting from a village, who has not even attended Indimeets, then they must be doing it to all other posts.  

Every judge has their own standard and measurement of judging a post. It is not like maths. So Please take back that offensive remark against Defiant Princess as you have yourself promoted her and praised her until she won it. 

Defiant Princess
from Jodhpur
12 years ago

Thank you so much DS and Farida ji for the kind words. :)

You're one blogger and person I look up to, its really inspiring to learn from people who've seen many decades and faces of life. 

Besides, I wonder why would Varun want to comment anything about anyone's place in the winners list.. it was a fair competetion after all. And not just Dove but every contest on Indi is a fair one as far as i've seen. And as you said Farida ji, the judges have their own benchmarks, so us contestants arent in a position to question their verdict :)

Swapna
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Congrats Defiant Princess!!! Don't think about any negativity and just enjoy your success and the prize. Life is too short to think about trivial issues like these. You gave your best and the judges think that your post was one of the best so how does it matter what anyone else thinks. Live like your name Be Defiant :) 

Defiant Princess
from Jodhpur
12 years ago

Thank you so much Swapna :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread