A .in or a .com

uniquerockrz
uniquerockrz
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Well, I am blogging for quite a few number of months and its time that I decide buy a domain name for my site. Now I am confused in what to buy one, a .in (Indian domain) or a .com?

I do get 50 % of my visitors from outside India, and I could have straightaway get a .com domain. But the thing is that a .in domain is damn cheap (just 99 bucks ~ $2). Further more, its an investment that I cant expect much in return (ad "cents") also I dont get time to blog much. Only thing that concerns me is that if I do get a .in domain, will it get less exposure in international search results than a .com one? Will foreign visitors decrease? Are .in domains leveled below .com ones?

Those who have a country specific domain name do let me know how much search exposure do u get, is it less than a .com one?

Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending
Pradeep
Pradeep
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

From an SEO perspective there is no difference. All domain extensions are created equal. The same onsite and offsite factors integral to good rankings apply across the board.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I would suggest that you go for a .com domain instead of a .in domain. Even I have moved to a custom .com domain one week back. Visitors from outside India might not be interested in going through a blog that has a domain extension of .in. How likely are you going to read a .co.uk or .pk blog?

Coming to cost, the truth is that all domains cost the same (Though I'm not sure of it) Which domain registar have you seem offering a domain for 2$? If it is bigrock, look carefully, the 2$ rate is only for the first one year and not for the lifetime of your blog.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Moreover. since your blog is nothing related to India, there is no point in preferring to go for .in over .com

LockSign in to reply to this thread