Legalizing Prostitution..

Sourish
Sourish
from Varanasi
15 years ago

Few years back ...May be 7 or 8 years back..there was a huge movement about legalizing prostitution in India..but with time people have forgotten about it....though it sounds sleazy but for the improvement of sex workers health and ensuring their children a bteer future ..their jobs are needed to be legalized...

Few reasons in support

1) They get insurance support

2) Their children can get better future plan

3) They get health support

4) They won't get harassed by POLICE and other figures who exploit them for free

5) They get municipal cover ensuring better sanitation

6) AIDS can be controlled if we have registered workers who are needed to be tested for STDs

7) Illegal Trafficking can be stopped as govt. will have track of everything going under red light areas

I just want to say if a person can think of performing the most intimate of the acts with those women there why he or she is bothering about the sleaze associated with it...and believe me or not we the richer society the more socially accepatable society helped creating these red light areas..so that we can abuse for free and still roam socially accpetble...

what do u say ???

Replies 1 to 9 of 9 Descending
Harsh Agrawal
Harsh Agrawal
from New Delhi
15 years ago

Sourish I will completely agree with you.

Legalizing prostitution will help many oin great way.

First it will imporve the life of sex workers. recently I have seen a documentry on discovery on Life of sex worker in Kolkata, and it comes out to be very miserable.

Above all if legalized and if counted as profession, atleast these people can live a respectful life.

Adding my 2 more cents to it " No one is prostitute by birth, its the situation and circumstances which make them fall for it".

Somnath Paul
Somnath Paul
from Kolkata
15 years ago

Nice topic to bring up front. Lets make a social consensus and see the result!

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
15 years ago

guys are you sure you want to take it up here?

Sourish
Sourish
from Varanasi
15 years ago

Harsh

it was nice to see ur views...contrary to what I expected I loved ur positive response and I second ur two cents...and will like to add that circumstances are created by none other than us...

I watched that program too...the sanitation facilities are totally unavailable there.. and it is getting a den for diseases...

I am thinking of writng a post about it soon....

Sourish
Sourish
from Varanasi
15 years ago

Somnath...

People are reluctant to talk about it...coz they think that they are so social that talking about those people might make them untouchable or sumthing...

Last year my NGO saved 15 girs from a red light district and 12 out of 15 were below 15.

Sourish
Sourish
from Varanasi
15 years ago

Hemal

so where should we discuss it... the segment read Social causes and activities... do u think it doesn't satisfy the criteria ???or u have any other reason to discuss ???

Sourish
Sourish
from Varanasi
14 years ago

Anwin

ur fst point was nicely said..and believe me all of us think alike  but we are all afraid to admit :)

Ashish
Ashish
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Hey Sourish,

First of all I would like to thank you for bring this topic in this forum.

I agree with your points and for sure prostituion should be legalized, at least by  leglization those people can have minimum ammenties to lead a good life.

Regards,

Ashish

Sourish
Sourish
from Varanasi
14 years ago

and I am indeed happy to see ur posotive response and so of all...

LockSign in to reply to this thread