SOS - Need to change template and save widgets

Adesh Sidhu
Adesh Sidhu
from Gurgaon
15 years ago

I am planning to change my template but chaniging my template means I have to get my widgets again. Also there is a possibility of losing data for widgets like visitor count and need to start from the scratch.

Is there any way by which I need not to go through this hard work of configuring widgets again. I use blogger and most of HTML code is added in HTML widgets which come with blogger.

I am not a techie and please try to give your suggestions in non-technical language.

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
Healthy Living India
Healthy Living India
from Bombay
14 years ago

Spot on Anwin...

I don't see how you will face any issues with losing data of visitor count, etc because they are not saved in a certain file or anything like that. It's dynamic data that keeps updating so as long as you have the code, you will be fine.

One thing you should do is backup your current blog before you make any changes to your template. That way, in case sh*t hits the ceiling, you can always go back to the original.

cheers!

Prashant.

Adesh Sidhu
from Gurgaon
14 years ago

I figured it out and updated my blog template...well more or less. Thanks Anwin and Prashant for all your help and suggestions.

S K G Rao
S K G Rao
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Sorry for butting in.

I changed my template and many posts where I had used color was inappropriate nd were not visible. I had to remove the colors from HTML and make them visible.

Please lt me know if my text size is O K now as I had notice to change it  and I have done.Please let me know.

skgrao6135@gmail.com

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

You should check whether you have set the font size in the post while editing, and if so you should edit and remove the style. Never set the text size in posts unless needed.

S K G Rao
S K G Rao
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Dear Anwin,

Thanks for your advice it is most welcome.

S K G Rao

LockSign in to reply to this thread