Commenting Ethics

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

You find a blog you like, or even you want that reader to come to your blog and read. How would you, as a blogger, expect a comment on your blog to be? Smile How do you comment? Would a "good job" or "nice work" suffice? Innocent

Your views please... Smile

(If thread already present before, please feel free to redirect me. I searched as farback as I could in the archives.) Innocent

Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending

commenting comes from heart. like when I read a post, the feeling of how it was and comment words start pouring in. some posts, need deliberate squeeze of mind to extract some suitable words.

I do justice to those nice job, somments in my  reply, discreet thanks, but those who take pains to write long words, i too reciprocate same way. 

but, one has to laud everyone. someone is short of time and one or two words from a man of less words is more than something. 

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Yes PL, I know.. I usually write atleast a sentence with something to indicate I've read the post.. but it does call out for some attention when a comment comes for a serious post saying "good job" Innocent

I think it should be read, and then comment, be it a paragraph, or two or three words? Smile

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
hey Leo, a thread on the same topic does exist. Since am on mobile, cant direct you there. But you should be able to find it out ;)
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

@Hemal, too tired to manually hunt it out. Innocent If its there, once you come on to your system, can you please put the link to that in your comment, and I'll peruse that Smile Soc can remove this thread then.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
try searching on google the following -''site:indiblogger.in/forum comments and ethics'' without quotes
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
try searching on google the following -''site:indiblogger.in/forum comments and ethics'' without quotes. I got these search results. google.com/m?q=site%3Aindiblogger.in%2Fforum+comments+and+ethics&client=ms-opera-mini&channel=new
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Forget it na Hemal!
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I remember one thread, let me search..... here, check this link- 

http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=7743

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@DS haha, but why?

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Feeling Lazy, who will search! You did, Good:)
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Tongue out

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@DS lol.. IndiHero ho kuch toh sharam karo InnocentTongue outSealedLaughing

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
LOL @ Arti :D Have to be responsible :) :P
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

@Hemal, still too lazy Smile anyways, that might be too far back. we can continue it here.

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Let me confess first, I am a very lazy commentator. I rarely do comment, even though I visit many blogs. But obviously when I do comment I comment genuinely, like I did today on 2 of your posts... And who does not love comments, I do too...
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

+10 for honesty :)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thanks abhi:)
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Yes I saw Smile Thanks DS. Even I love comments, but sometimes, it feels like it's forced in somehow! So asked.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Yikes. Embarassed I didn't mean yours two comments today. In general I was telling. (Just in case).

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thank your stars that you explained and gave that 2nd reply. I was about to have an outburst :P
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Treat others as you would like them to treat you - that's my motto as far as commenting goes.. and I like to either leave thoughtful comments after reading the post or prefer not to leave my mark at all... but one/two words definitely don't do it for me :)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
No wonder you get all those comments on your blog. Well deserved:)
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I agree. A sentence, something to say that yes, I did read your post.. that'd be good Smile Be on your yatra again soon, Arti. Thanks! Smile

abhin@v
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

I do not visit many blogs, but yes I write comments on posts which I find interesting and worth commenting. Also I try to visit the blogs of people who mention their url while commenting.

Positive comments can act as great motivational tools for bloggers. 

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
We are in the same boat abhi:)
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

lol :P

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I also give my URL in the comment, because some people do come back through them Smile they might be busy to go back through profile at times, and have mentioned that the URL does help them.

Positive comments can be very helpful. I agree! Smile

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

yup they are great incentives for bloggers :)

Dhiraj Shenoy
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Most of my comments are just two words , but i mean it . Won't comment for the sake of commenting .

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Yes, there are some commenters who mean the two words, Dhiraj Smile but if the blog you go on is new to you and you go on with two words only, the blogger at times doesn't get where to move further from his post. No feedback.. Hence I felt two words to be at times forced. No offence to you or those well-meaning bloggers like you Smile

LockSign in to reply to this thread