BigRock domain name issue

uniquerockrz
uniquerockrz
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Hi I have purchased a domain name from bigrock and added the CNAME and A records as said by Google to it. But it seems that my site is not opening. Those who have bigrock domains, how much time does it take to update the records?

PS. I was previously using .TK free domains and it didnt take more than a few minutes to get it activated.

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
12 years ago

well...it takes 24 hours..why don't you contact their technical support and ask them. For me it took around 2 hours. Do check that your domain name settings

Arvind
Arvind
from Chennai
12 years ago

24 hrs. godaddy does it almost instantaneously... big rock delays by 24 hrs before you can see your site

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
the maximum delay that can happen is 72 hours. The delay is caused bcoz ur domain needs to be updated on the DNS systems across the globe. It can happen to any service provider, irrespective of BigRock or GoDaddy. Yes, less chances for GoDaddy as it has access the records in multiple locations given their reach unlike BigRock. Give it 3 days to the max and if things dont improve, contact BigRock support and they shud be able to help u.
Varma
Varma
from trivandrum
12 years ago

Try to change the TTL(time-to-live)  to 300sec for much quicker DNS update.

Bigrocks usually keep it higher.

Saurav, 24 hrs. is the max time it can take. It generally gets updated quite quickly. I am also using BigRock for one of my domains. In case you are still facing this issue, do let me know. I can help you with this, if you require.

LockSign in to reply to this thread