Do you really Mind Blogalize with fellow bloggers?

Ankit Chugh
Ankit Chugh
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Recently i read a thread on this forum, someone minding about getting promotional email from a fellow blogger. I guess he/she must have asked for promoting their blog entry on indivine. I don’t think reporting this a good thing at all. Reporting about this will bring a bad name for a blogger only, and people will think the person is being too much egoistic. I am really not pointing out anyone but I am talking in general. I really don't mind receiving those mails and will help out those surely since this is how you make good relations with others. After all this is what blogger community is about, helping and appreciating each other. If you start reporting, then you're actually not a blogger then!! This is my point of view!!

Also if you don’t like receiving those mails, I suggest ignore those, and pressing a delete button is not very hard. Even I have done the same once during Samsung contest and I don’t feel any shame on that since all is what you need appreciation for the hard work you did. Also a blogger ask a blogger only since he/she knows that a blogger will surely help them out and will blogalize with them. So my question is do you mind blogalize with fellow bloggers?

Note: I am not giving invitation to any1 to send me mails. I am just expressing my point of view.

Replies 1 to 9 of 9 Descending
Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Actually I feel bad, when some bloggers never talk anything other than just sending links. So, i shows what they feel about us or community. But ya, a good friend who interacts and for some reason he or she sends link sometimes, it's fine for me.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Rightly said Mohini.
abhin@v
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Yup this community is really about helping and appreciating each other. Honestly I dont mind these mails as well but I ignore them because at the end of the day, I feel they are only about winning the contests somehow.

Also, voting for someone just because he/she asked you too may rob somebody else, having a more deserving entry, of their prize, wont it?

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Yes Abhi very well said

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Well put abhi.
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

thnku mohinee and ds!

Ankit Chugh
Ankit Chugh
from New Delhi
12 years ago

I think if you get promotional mails, i believe you must go through the entry, if you think its worth doing the vote, do it or if you feel its not, then inform them that i didn't find your entry worth for voting and suggest them some improvements why you didn't choose for voting for them. I guess this would leave the person who mailed you satisfied and he/she would respect you more. Also if talking about forum rules, do you guys really think you follow all ethics of blogging and doing the promotional techniques too for you blog?

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

As far as I am concerned, I try my best following all ethics and if I am mistaken and someone points that out, I dont mind correcting it.

There is a difference between blogging and forum. Forums are always run by rules. I wonder why people do not raise questions when Google plus or Facebook ban them for violating rules and raise questions on every rule of Indiblogger?

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
12 years ago

i believe you must go through the entry

No1 has an obligation that one must go through an entry. That's wrong. You're expecting/forcing/exploiting/misusing your mutual connections. Do you go through every spam mails you get? Yes, such Indimails are no different compared to spam mail. Many will not appreciate it- some might say it, some might not. Those who don't say it might remove 1 from their mutual list.

I still do not understand why don't bloggers try and attract the general mass. Rather they simply want to be stagnant by promoting it to bloggers who has the primary motive to learn to promote it themselves. They will check, they will say nice. that's it. Bloggers work only get appreciated when the mass comes and reads it. The only reason why there's so many content and not many get to read it is simply because the blogger isn't promoting it where he or she should. Blogging marketing takes a shitty lot of time and effort and it takes even 2-4 years especially with non-pro SEO and all that. Why promote it amongst bloggers? Promote it to people!! SEO!! I ain't SEO guy but isn't that how it supposed to work? If people in your mutual connection want to read and follow you, they will- or else they will not. All the more reason people should have mutual connections with those whom they know well enough on Indiblogger.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Why must I go through a post, because someone spammed my space?? Its just not done, there are some ethics which you must follow... Going begging for votes to someone you have never talked is just not done... I can even understand someone like Vinay or PS or Pramod or many others who I interact daily, if they send me a mail... But someone who has never in his life talked to me or promoted my posts before asking for a vote is shameless. These are my views only, SORRY if it hurts anybody.
Pooja Abhay
from Oceanside/Bangalore
12 years ago

+ 1 DS. I agree completely with DS. I wouldn't mind if the people who I talk regularly to do send me a mail here and there, even if it is to check out there posts. But they never ask for a promotion of their posts. Never. 

But, I think even I would get a little irritated if someone I have not interacted sends me an Indimail just for promoting his/her blog. I might go through the post if the topic interests me and would also comment if I find there is something I like about the post. If it is not a topic of my interest, I don't read them.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thanks PS:) Going one step further I would not mind if my friends ask for a vote too, I guess its their right:)
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thanks PS:) Going one step further I would not mind if my friends ask for a vote too, I guess its their right:)
Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I wouldn't mind a person who I've interacted with, either here on the forums or in meets etc sending me an Indi-mail with a link to their post asking me to check it out. But if the person uses the Indi-mail to only send their links, to take that and not get irritated would be highly unlikely. If that person really knows you, why even ask for you to check it out and give a vote, that too in an Indi-mail just to you? You'd see it on the Indi-vine, or if you follow him on his blog itself, you'd have already read it and given a comment if you found it comment-worthy or to your interest.

As regards ethics of blogging and commenting,  that is different. If you get a comment from a blogger, it'd be good ethics to read them back, yes. Even that at times you might not be able to do, with constraints on time and energy and also on your interest present. Indiblogger is a forum for finding new blogs to read, new people. And it does have some guidelines that are mentioned. Not promoting your blogs using the main forum, or Indimail or the Inditalk is one such guideline and I have followed it as far as I know of. And like Ani says, don't mind correcting if a time I didn't was pointed out.

Ankit Chugh
Ankit Chugh
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Yes i do understand that.. getting just promotional indimails is just a no no no... even i realized that later on... but as per Socerer said "Blogging marketing takes a shitty lot of time and effort and it takes even 2-4 years especially with non-pro SEO and all that", you just said what is the actual thing is. I know and almost every blogger knows that its very hard to promote a blog when you have thousands of them competing with you.

But do you ever think, here in Indi-Vine, a person can get votes by indiblogger members only, all readers of that blog cannot vote for him since all readers are not bloggers and even then masses cannot help them out. I saw many winners in Samsung contest that just due to indi-vine votes, few won!! So now every1 who now participate in indiblogger contest really want to get votes from you guys only. Also i am not participating in any contest here now, since i know you need to be big enough to contest with others.

You guys are those persons who understand indiblogger well, and knows every good and bad thing about it. I am not very active here, since i do have my big project coming up and i add here many bloggers since i am looking for guest blogging. And would contact all those bloggers who are in mutual connection with me, but that doesn't mean that i would spam them by emails. I would just request them and would invite them to come to my blog and join my project. And trust me when i am saying its a project, then i do mean it. So, If they liked it, they can, or can just say "I am not interested" or didn't find your project worth giving time. 

Also i just don't know how to interact here with fellow bloggers very well. I know many of people liked me just thought that sending Indi-mails can may be help them out. But yes if their is anyway to blogalize with you guys, i would surely do that. But forum is not the way i can interact with much, since its very time consuming. And every working bloggers know the value of time very well. And when i said "you must go through the entry", then i mean its just my point of view, after all you cannot force any1 to read their blogs. I just expressed myself after all this is for what this forum about. And it follows the rules of forum too Cool

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I don't mind getting such mails if they are someone whom I interact with on the forum. However, they shouldn't be something sent solely for the purpose of gaining votes. And, such mails are acceptable to me if sent once in a while and not too often.

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Ankit, no doubt you have followed rules, and as you mention Indivine is for Indibloggers only. very much agreed. Cool There are contests where maybe Indivine votes does get a prize and so people do add other bloggers to networks for purpose of getting found.

Say someone and you became mutual connections yesterday on pure intuition, or for the purpose of getting a reader for both of your blogs. Undecided And you haven't actually got to know if the person since you haven't interacted at all, except for the name or pseudoname of the blogger, you might not know any thing of him/her, maybe not even how the other blog is designed. You most certainly want to get to know the person, and read their blog, maybe get them to guest post on your blog etc. Smile

But the first thing they Indimail you is a request for a read and an Indivine vote, wouldn't you feel irritated even a tad? Innocent Feel they've added you for votes and not the mutual getting to know each other? Frown Such a request by someone who you respect after interacting through mails or chat or etc would seem negligible to you as compared to one sent by a mutual contact who's yet to be understood by you clearly. Respect, IMHO, comes only after getting to know the person a little more, not at first glance...

Ankit Chugh
Ankit Chugh
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Well i do interact with people very well.. help them in rectying problem they face in blogging n all. I am a member of two blogger groups in facebook and both groups are created by two big bloggers of India named Amit Bhawani & Harsh Agarwal. So helping each other for the problem they face, even when i do get problem, i ask them, this way i interact with very well & become great friends and you won't believe we just got realtime answers for what we ask. So this is how i have above 100 bloggers in my facebook friend list and counting... I add many and many add me. And then we interact more in fb and gtalk chat.. 

I know mostly people here don't know me but i do have managed to have a good reputation among those groups and fellow bloggers. And for obvious reasons, i while asking for guest post, i would definitely tell them to connect with me on facebook and gtalk... So that i could interact with them more and more. 

Even i would love if you guys here would like to add me on facebook at www.facebook.com/ankitchugh or add me on gtalk at luckyankit1@gmail.com. I would definitely love to interact with you all. 

I never give any one time to indimail me',I comply before they post even. It is a personal concept, statistically growth @meager 10% per month. But I am satisfied.

LockSign in to reply to this thread