How much time to be spent on promotions?

Ashwini
Ashwini
from Pune
12 years ago

Hello Bloggers,

I would like to know how much time one should ideally spend on promoting a blog. In first couple of months I was pretty regular in blogging but did not promoted it much except submitting it to directories and search engines. Now I'm starting again after a gap and worried about traffic Frown

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi Ashwini,

there is no predefined time span for promotions. Its like, how much you wanna do but not like being right into the face of everyone (ala, Ra.One promotions) which people will start hating then.

First thing, keep writing and there should be no thoughts worrying you on that aspect.

Promotions can be in many ways:

• Twitter
  • Promote on Facebook among friends
  • Guest post on other blogs (you get a link back from that blog to yours which helps)
  • Submit to Digg, Stumble upon and others
  • Share and review among other bloggers.

Hope that helps.

Keep blogging

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
You can also use the Indivine section here to promote your posts. Also pinging your posts is known to help.
Ashwini
Ashwini
from Pune
12 years ago

Thanks a lot Hemal and DS for your suggessions :)

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Another way to pomote is to be active on the forum here. People may check out who the person is behind the discussions. It's two birds in one shot: promotion and relaxation too...Smile

If you don't mind showing your blog to your friends (which I do mind a lot) tell them about it and ask them to post a link to your blog on their wall. You can grow in that way.

Commenting also brings good traffic. Rely on quality comments instead of quantity comments.

Submitting to directories doesn't bring much traffic. It only helps increase the number of backlinks.

All the best! Smile

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
12 years ago

That's not going to work much here. Maybe 3-4 clicks by max but that's about it. Participate in the forums if you have the genuine desire to do so or if you require assistance- or else leave it at that. Many tried to do this on the forum- some by posting a lot and some by provoking people and posting about "controversial" topics. In the end they understood the hard way that its fruitless, even ended people not liking them and ultimately don't post much on the forum.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

If not this forum, try other forums.... there are many on the net. Atleast one of them might work...

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yup, the forum is only to relax and to learn. Not much help on Traffic.

LockSign in to reply to this thread