Do you earn through your blog??

vaibhav pandey
vaibhav pandey
from lucknow
14 years ago

It is not that hard if you are writing a good blog and recieving a good traffic ,to earn some cash.So I just want to conduct a quick survey that how much you earn through your blog and what are main sources of your blog's Income.Let everyone know the best practice to earn.

1-20
21-21
Replies 1 to 20 of 21 Descending
vaibhav pandey
vaibhav pandey
from lucknow
14 years ago

I am earning through Primarily through ADBRITE but it doesn't seems enough.I have applied for adsense but the plea was rejected I thought my blog is not old enough to get approved for Adsense what do you guys think see my blog and let me know.

http://javatutorialsworld.blogspot.com

I write quite often and readers from worldwide but still no AdsenseCry

Choto Cheeta
from Kolkata
14 years ago

If you got rejected once, then oopss... Although there is no rule, but unofficial adsense experts says you are in need to wait at-least another 6 month and increase your content (no copypaste at all) substantially to apply again..

Incase you have not yet applied then, once again its been observed that Google seems to be looking at 6 month old domains with a bit of traffic and content... Make sure you remove all ads before you apply...

I am no adsense expert but some argue that keeping the domain ads free for at-least 1 month prior to the application helps in approval.. Why ? many believes that google cache also needs stay ads free for your domain to give you an edge over the approval chance !!!

Then again, all these above informations are un-official and just based on market survey by many adsense related blogs and web sites...

About your blog, you do have content.. Personally I would say, keep the blog ads free for few days before you apply for Adsense !!!

Thanks.

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Dont get more than $2 in an year...

Choto Cheeta
from Kolkata
14 years ago

didnt get it.. Do you mean, you earn only USD 2 in an yeah via your blog ??

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

yes,,,,, thats all...

vaibhav pandey
from lucknow
14 years ago

Hey if you have visitors then you can easily make atleast $2 a month its too easy.

Choto Cheeta
from Kolkata
14 years ago

@Hemal

Your stats shown in that hosting related dicussion certainly suggest you should be able to make more than that.. I personally would predict, you should receive an Adsense cheque in 3 months time meaning I think it can make at-least USD 1.25 a day !!!!

But then again I didnt see any Adsense in your blog !!!

Parv Kaushik
from Lucknow, Noida
14 years ago

hey thers company for me here! no problm buddy m with u??

Prasad Np
Prasad Np
from Delhi / Gurgaon
14 years ago

Guess it is a slow way to make money. I guess  i will not be quitting my night job to be a full time blogger ( night job because I work for an international BPO).

But will continue to blog for the joys of the same.

Choto Cheeta
from Kolkata
14 years ago

Some bloggers do make fortune out of blogging !!!

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

and so do make a fortune by converting readers to friends!!! :)

vaibhav pandey
vaibhav pandey
from lucknow
14 years ago

Ya do somebody know the blog "problogger.net" I have read the biography of the blogger.Its awsome and it is mentioned how he made his life through blogging ,its awsum guys.He worked only on weekends full time for its blog and he is been blogging since 2005 now you can see where he stand.He is absolutely an inspiration to all who want to make something from their blog.Not always money but a repo,goodwilll...

Choto Cheeta
from Kolkata
14 years ago

Our own Indian blogger Mr. Amit Agarwal makes close to or may be more than what Problogger.net does..

Only from Adsense, Mr. Agarwal makes more than USD 1k a day..

He blogs @ labnol.org I think !!!

vaibhav pandey
from lucknow
14 years ago

he can I too heard about Mr.Amit Agarwal and of course he writes labnol.org

he is one of best bloggers in india.The key to their success is I think they started as soon as blogging came to the world.

Choto Cheeta
from Kolkata
14 years ago

Personally I think key of their success is,

• They are regular, I mean they blog at-least 8-12 hours a day..
  • They have good knowledge of English hence good writing skills
  • They choose current matters, which is really active in Search Engines as search query and is suited for all platforms hence having a large reader base.
  • Last of all, they do have very good marketing skills to market their blog at right places to find dedicated advertisers and sponsors !!!

I am sure, even if some one starts blogging today but who can master these few mention points, he / she can also earn as good as these guys !!!

Thanks.

Prasad Np
Prasad Np
from Delhi / Gurgaon
14 years ago

vaibhav but how much are full time bloggers making> Also not all topics will have mass appeal. So some ideas on that ? I am thouroghly enjoying blogging it is a great stressbuster.

vaibhav pandey
vaibhav pandey
from lucknow
14 years ago

well I must say matters related to money makes more money.But sometimes money is not the everything it is done for mental satisfaction, that your work is appreciated by others and like you do for stressbusting.Good going Prasad write on money on internet ,chances are that you may earn something good.But beware there are so many big players also there.

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

@HemalYour stats shown in that hosting related dicussion certainly suggest you should be able to make more than that.. I personally would predict, you should receive an Adsense cheque in 3 months time meaning I think it can make at-least USD 1.25 a day !!!!But then again I didnt see any Adsense in your blog !!!

Even I wondered that, since I am getting more than 1000 hits in a day, it should have been certainly more... the total since last payment (agg. for last 3 years) is now 9.55$.

Hence I decided to remove Adsense after not finding it giving me enuf revenues and decided to keep only Adbrite hoping things will change. I am not sure if that will happen :(

Choto Cheeta
from Kolkata
14 years ago

So any luck with Adbrite ??

Really strange to hear about your results.. May be you didnt place the codes where it would have given you best performance..

Once again I am no adsense expert, but what ever little I have read and exp about adsense, it does matter as where you are keeping your codes and blog layout also..

Did your try chitika ?

Its been couple of months as reliance backed ibibo is in the market, although they are keep pressing me to include their ads in ChotoCheeta.com but I have not included it yet..

Amal @ iBibo -> 0124–6749148 / amal.bhanu@ibibogroup.comSimrit @ iBibo -> 0124-3054002 / simrit.ghai@ibibogroup.com

Above are the name and number / email of 2 ads campaigner who calls me regarding iBibo matters, you may get in touch with them with your stats to see if they have any offers for you or not..

Once again, Although iBibo feels that ads will do good but I have not yet tried any of their service hence cant say for sure as how good their payout is.. If you try then do let me know as how are they performing !!!

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Adbrite's given $0.51 in three months. The ad options are an ad widget on the side bar, word ads, full page ads with msg kind a "this blog is brought you by " and the website of the original advertiser appearing over my website. i think all the ads get decent exposure. may be the ads that are displayed might have not attracted many.

there is no way to compare hits I get against what you get. so, ibibo thing might not go through.

Choto Cheeta
from Kolkata
14 years ago

Hi Hemal,

Some thing is not right.. I mean a static web site of mine, RepublicDay.IN with lesser visit count than you earns lot more than your with just Adsense in place !!!

It seems you are totally out of luck..

Anyway, unless you are bothered about income, there is no need for us to digg in to this issue.. I was actually pressing hard on it, because I thought the site of yours should generate at-least the hosting fee which you pay for it.

Thanks.

georjo
from kollam
14 years ago

hi hemal,

try tweking the add units with colour position and sizes. to get relevant adds displayed in a page your page should concentarte into a particular subject than dealing many. am not an expert in this but suggest you not to avoid adsense for its one of the best earning ways in the internet.

http://pixelshots.blogspot.com/

Anshika Srivastava
from Noida
14 years ago

To earn from adsense you must have topics which are commercial. Personal blogs lack that commercial parameter as they are meant for reading and expressing. Thats why clicks are less. If anyone of you wants to earn more try topics which are commerically viable like technology for example.

Pankaj Batra
Pankaj Batra
from Gurgaon
14 years ago

I earn close to 30 USD every month from all sources combined

Visit my blog: PankajBatra.com

vaibhav pandey
from lucknow
14 years ago

hey hii how you got the rating widget which you have placed below your posts.plz tell me Im in need

My blog http://javatuttorialsworld.blogspot.com

Pankaj Batra
Pankaj Batra
from Gurgaon
14 years ago

Vaibhav,

I use WP-PostRatings plugin of wordpress, which can be found at http://lesterchan.net/portfolio/programming/php/

leon
leon
from kolkata
14 years ago

my june earning $ 112.53 CoolInnocent

Reeta.P
Reeta.P
from Delhi
14 years ago

I have concenterated in multiple activities through blogs, ADSENSE, amazon, Blog Repair, Blog maintenance, REVTWEET, MAGPIE Bidevrtiser are my main income sources.

I earn more than 100 dollar a month, proof available if anyone like to see

Shivani
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Hi Chris...any tips on how to use non-adsense areas to earn income?

Lakshmi Rajan
Lakshmi Rajan
from Bangalore
14 years ago

One thing , i always about Adsense advertisement is how many of us click the advertisements ??? Surprised All my internet life so far , hardly i would have clicked 2-3 ads that too by mistake Undecided

Parth J Dave
Parth J Dave
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Hey guys,

I just installed Adsense on my blog - http://parth-dave.blogspot.com

And now Google is displaying some public service ads and says that I need to wait for another 2-3 days for approval. What do you think about this..?

...And looking at the content on my blog, do you think I can earn a considerable amount of money?

I make roughly 200-250 dollars a month from my blog. It's not anything great but then I don't spend too much time on blogging these days so it's decent.

indianraga
indianraga
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I write 4 posts every month on an average. Google adsense pays me about $15 every month. But this is only after I am two years into blogging. Initially it was a only few cents every month.

suvro
suvro
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I earn mainly through Adsense.But its meagre.Never got a cheque.Adbrite also is there but have not earned a single penny.

subups
subups
from Thiruvananthapuram
14 years ago

I too put Adsense in my blog. But I never earned anything. That is quite understandable considering the fact that I seldom click on such advertisements when visiting other websites. But these Ads are definitely creating an impression in the people viewing this. So adsense is a wonderful ad mechanism which can earn a lot of revenue for the advertisers because of the reach they get and not the hosts of advertisers, since they are paid only if the viewer clicks (which most of them don't do)

Ofcourse those serious bloggers who does smart ways of marketing will get a revenue.  For a hobby blogger like me it doesn't matter much eventhough it feels sad that it didn't perform as desired. But blog readers comments keeps makes up for the lack of adsense revenue :)

This thread is quite good, since we get to know that some people does make money out of blogging. May be some day my blog will doo.. (but with no pain no gains!!)

Abhishek Kumar
Abhishek Kumar
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Making money from blog is an art..

for this you need regular articles, good seo, proper placement of google adsense ads, link building, backlinks support, proper social networking with other bloggers, user accounts for your website or blog on twitter, facebook, youtube, flickr etc, good alexa ranking (abhisays.com alexa ranking is 23900 in world and around 1500 in India)..  and good number of RSS subscribers..

That's all.. you need to make good money.. money even much greater than your permanent day job.

mubarak thakur
mubarak thakur
from mumbai
14 years ago

i have just added adsense to my blogspot and have yet to be approved, so all these earlier replies are really helpful.  hopefully i will keep you guys updated when i will make my first 100 bucks.

Roy Daniel DSilva
Roy Daniel DSilva
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Hello Shruti,

You have a good enough blog, and I think you will be able to earn money via it if you have the right adblocks.

You would require some tweaking of it though, starting with deciding on the number of posts you would want on the so said 'home page' of your 'site'

To answer your questions,

I started two sites, which can be viewed here: www.thefreelanceresource.com and www.fridayfreak.com and I did not know dump about things like link building, backlinking, etc. Of course, because I did not know anything about it I did not want to invest money in it and therefore put them up as blogs first, but within two months they automagically became sites 'proudly' powered by WordPress.

Site submission, link building etc is easy, it's just that you'd have to dedicate time to your blog.  I mean, it's manual you know, you just have to sit on your PC and click on and forth.

Any other queries, feel free to holler.

1-20
21-21
LockSign in to reply to this thread