Guys don t get caught in Maya Jaal ?

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Mayawati's move to split UP into 4 states Purvanchal, Bundelkhand, Awadh Pradesh and Pachim Pradesh is a real downer, earlier Uttranchal was created.  It is purely a political move to retain some base in one or two regions.  Congress and BJP is floored.  It will unecessarily stoke demands for division of states in AP, WB and Assam.  Hope other states don t fall into this trap.

Replies 1 to 9 of 9 Descending
These politicians are suckers. Just speechless.

politics, in latin means,

poly  =  many

tics=  bloodsucking creatures, 

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Good summation Pramod i feel Maya has gone for the ultimate killer

yes umesh ji, innocent martyrs, are the only results of these gimmicks.

i remember stalin, killed many of his leutinents on the lower rung of the ladder, who had helped him reach the top.

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

At least Mayawati has paid taxes for the ill gotten wealth is the only consolation

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I like the concept of smaller states and countries. Bigger states and countries only help those in power by concentrating more power into their hands. Smaller countries/states are easier to manage, take targeted initiatives and monitor develoment.

On the other hand, more states means more ministers, more officials and hence more corrupt people. And chances for more disputes over water etc. And in case of countries, more defence expenditure, unless the bordering countries are mature like those in the EU.

So both have their pros and cons. As far as politicians go, anything they do - good or bad is with ulterior motives. The ones who want to keep a state together want to do it to have more power and more looting oportunity. The ones who want to split a state want to win more suppor by giving more people opportunity to loot. 

very well said, @the fool, nothing could be better said.

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I don t want to go back to British Raj of dividing and ruling

Firoze Shakir
Firoze Shakir
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Perhaps I digress Umeshji but Mayawatiji is an insult on the Soul of the poor in Uttar Pradesh and those who break their backs toiling , and not begging in Maharashtra and Punjab..without apologies to Rahul Gandhi

I have shot the angst of the North Indian Bhaiyya from UP as a street photographer poet and as a blogger imagine the crass display of wealth misplaced intoparks white elephants and her own megalomania and her statues 700 crore of sheer waste instead of creating a Mumbai a place in Uttar Pradeshg that would generate jobs .. but alas this is the tragedy of our countrys voters who vote with a blind fold,..

And thanks to Team Anns she will be back in power and laughing all the way to the banks. of Gomti ...I have distanced myself from Team Anna Hazare because you either publically become political and dont make assymertical warfare on the soul of Humanity..

Your topics Umeshji are the life line on Indiblogger I am sorry I cant say much on the other juvenile stuff that I read here shames me as a blogger .. Blogging is a power that heals and not a ballon to prick holes in..Take care Salaams..

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

The nation is grappling with Gorkhaland and Telegana Firoze, now Mayawati is deliberately trying to prove that she can destroy the Federal structure and get away scott free

Mayur
from goa
12 years ago

We all know why mayawati wins, so i don't think anna hazare factor will be that important. When it comes to caste pride and stuff people become temporirily blind and vote accordingly.

And why everytime we talk about the anit-corruption movement we project it as if it is anna hazare's personal movement?. They are not actually running for election you know so if you support them or not it doesn't matter, the movement is important.

When there were revolutions in arab countries mostly all where started by single people through facebook and other social networking sites, that doesn't mean people where supporting that particular guy for his personal struggle. So if a person feels that this anti-corruption movement is worth fighting for he should support it and if it doesn't matter to him good for him. Thank you and have a good day.

abhin@v
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

I agree, it is more of a political move right before the elections to get votes.

Binu Thomas
Binu Thomas
from New Jersey
12 years ago

Coincidentally, I published a post yesterday regarding the same issue and reasons why it is political. The post can be read here.

Please dont this of my reply as promoting my post. Its more for discussion purposes.

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

i agree with your findings, that selfish politicians will destroy the secular fabric of India.

Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

Mayawati knows her end is coming near. And hence, these tantrums to save her neck now. Politicians are known to have screwed the people for their own benefit. This has been going on since roman eras. So she is not doing anything new.Splitting states is plain out of question!

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Oh Maya you have done it.  Finally we will have at least 12 new states in future, i hope free movement of goods is guaranteed and uniform taxation and price of all products is implemented.  Otherwise we will have multiple kingdoms like yester years

Ram A Singh
Ram A Singh
from Silvassa
12 years ago

I am not supporter of Mayawati so donot take it otherwise. but other than timing and way of passing the resolution in assembly, I donot find any anything wrong in the propose division of UP.  small states can be managed nicely, if small state is wrong then  America is having more than 50 states. Chota Pariwar Sukhi Pariwar. see the case of all the big states, all the big states having some patched areawise development, see  the Maharashtra, what is the condition of Vidarbha, or Konkan area, In UP too  only the area surrounding Lucknow, Kanpur, Allahabad, NCR area got the attention of development  and same the case with BIhar the area near to capital city Patna has got the light of development  so if only the area near the capital city can get the development then make more capital cities by deviding the big states. But these divisions should not be made in rush, before division a proper palnning and debate should be there. 

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Ram singh there are so many other problems citizens will start facing for example movement within the state particularly with your own private or public transport will become an expensive affair.  Nowerdays paying life time tax is essential in each state, you will never receive refund from the migrating state, next is different sales tax or VAT structure, finally we are not promoting Indianism, we will become more and more narrow minded by promoting smaller states, we will be treating others as outsiders which is dangerous.  See what is happening in Mumbai ?

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

The biggest problems we are likely to face in creating more states is that of deforestation, water disputes and mobility.  One classic example is that of Sikkim wherein one finds the Testa valley is slowly getting destroyed due to sand mining, forests are getting slaughtered for industries since govt is giving tax exemption and water dispute is being created between Bengal.  If there is a dam constructed in Sikkim it is bound to affect water supplies.  Therefore we should first get the priorities right in terms of nationalising all rivers, sand mining and forests, before further divisions of states are envisaged.

LockSign in to reply to this thread