book publishing advice needed please help

alka narula
alka narula
from delhi
12 years ago

i am almost through with the book i am writing,its a bit controversial.can my fellow bloggers here please advise me about the right platform to launch my book..whether i should go for self publication or publishing house,and also about critic review etc...i have zero knowlege as this is my first..

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: because i think everyone felt i am giving advice but i need it..the topic was not clear
Replies 1 to 11 of 11 Descending
I am also thinking of writing one. Will need guidance too. I think anukriti Ji may be of help, as she was editing somebody's book.
alka narula
alka narula
from delhi
12 years ago

i hope anukriti ji comes here  to our post and helps  us a bitCry m feeling absolutely lost

Add her to your network, then indimail her.
alka narula
alka narula
from delhi
12 years ago

lemme look her up

Vikram Sawant
Vikram Sawant
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I have friend who recently published her books through Pustak mahal http://www.bookchums.com/book-detail.php?b=MTQ5NDE%3D. She is on Facebook will mail you her link.

S.R.Ayyangar
S.R.Ayyangar
from BANGALORE
12 years ago

Recently I came across a website through Face Book which may be of use to you if you are thinking of e-book.

http://www.smashwords.com/about/how_to_publish_on_smashwords

Geek World
Geek World
from New delhi
12 years ago

i also want to but i don't know how to do that.

Shamsud Ahmed
Shamsud Ahmed
from Pune
12 years ago
Are we discussing only Poetry here?
Saket Suryesh
Saket Suryesh
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Try createspace.com, it is good.

Suggest you contact a publishing house with your manuscript and a separate synopsis of what is all about. Yes, a critical review is always good as any blemishes can be removed prior to publishing it. Only if you find that no one wants to take it on, for whatever reason, only then should you go in for a self-published book.

Wish you all the best and hope to read it soon

Kunal Bhardwaj
Kunal Bhardwaj
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Hi Alka,

You can mail 2-3 chapters and synopsis of the story at "kunaliam@gmail.com". I might be of help connecting you to certain publishers depending on your story, genre, writing quality and the target readers.

Wish you all the success. 

Prasanth
Prasanth
from New Delhi
9 years ago

You should go for a Self-Publishing process only when you don't find any takers or any publishing house for your book.  Alternatively what you can do is to have the manuscipt of your book, coupled with a nice Blurb for your book and a nice and cute forwarding letter and then forward them to various publishers. Don't go for big ones.. just start with smaller ones.. even Jaico, or there are many.  Being in Delhi certainly helps and Daryaganj is home to many many publishers.  Make the Blurb as interesting as possible and if they need, be ready with a synopsis of your story too which too has to be enthralling and appealing.  

Also, if possible, create an e-book out of your manuscript and circulate it among your friends or knows 'writers' in your circle so that they can review it.  adding the reviews to the portfolio for the would be publishers would also help a lot.  ! 

LockSign in to reply to this thread