Makemytrip horror story

leon
leon
from kolkata
15 years ago

how many of you book your flight ticket online ? and where do you you usually do ?

yesterday have had an awful exprecience with makemytrip.com i was using my credit card for the first booking it was ok then for my returns my credit card got exceeded so i have to use my netbanking but then after getting charged from my bank account, the flight wasn't booked so i have to call their call center.

and their call center was horrible i have to listen to all the advertisement for atleast 10 mins and then somehow get through the executives. Then have to let them confirm for almost 1 hour and then asked me to call back after 2 hours but i didnt call. It's only today morning i called back and then again i have to somehow again listen to all the recorded advertising before i can actually get to the executives.

now after talking and waiting on hold with them for more than an hour they said they have to check with the accounts department and tell me after 24-48 hours.

How can i keep waiting when my flight schedule is already .....

anyway .. anybody having the same awful experience with online booking ?

Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
dream
dream
from pune
15 years ago

oh its really a bad experience ...and the pathetic advertisements,but still have been lucky till date with make my trip.  

Sushil J. Cherian
Sushil J. Cherian
from Chennai
15 years ago

I have not used MakeMyTrip but have been using Yatra or have always used the online booking for the specific airlines itself. I have found the availability of the tickets using MakeMyTrip/Yatra and then would book directly. It saved me atleast 300 Rs. per ticket.  Also I have been careful to ensure the credit card has funds before doing online purchases so havnt had issues. 

Had a really bad experience with ICICI call center for my USD travel card- was stuck without money and ICICI wouldnt help at all ! Somehow managed with cash I had taken with me.

Adesh Sidhu
Adesh Sidhu
from Gurgaon
15 years ago

Customer service in India is pathetic in every industry and sector. Companies processes are brickwalls and they curb the efficiency with which customer needs should be met.

I also had an experience where in I overcharged for a service but somehow I did not realise. However in my case company person was little more courteous and he called me himself about overcharging. But he also said that process of money back will take around 15 days. I was surprised over such long time taken for return but then I could wait and decided to wait. But in your case, it is really an awful service and carelessness shown by employee whose job is follow process and not to think about customer convenience.

I suggest you to write a stinking email to customer service department of make my trip and in the mean time try to get your return ticket booked from some other service provider so that you can take care of your travels.

But I guess companies now need to realise that impatience to bad service is increasing by every passing day and if they do not listen, bad word of mouth will destroy the image of their business.

Lex-Warrier
Lex-Warrier
from Calicut
11 years ago

Oh..that was really bad

I've used MakeMyTrip before, never really had a bad experience with them.

Call it a bad day?

have had tough time with yatra once, when a booked confirmed ticket was erroneously not booked by them or some mischief work had taken place. my younger son was to board flight alone in delhi, with just 200 bucks on hand with no mobile to communicate. He borrowed a mobile from a passenger, and i came to know of mishap. then ensued a tiring calls to yatra. they bluntly said to book a new ticket at counter and they will reimburse fare. The stranger who had given him his mobile lent him cash, which i got deposited to his account.

so, we learn as we churn.

So kind of the stranger. Smile

yes dude, we find them on this planet only. you will be surprised to know he handed him a wad of one lac rupees and told him to take whatever amount he needed. he took ticket amount and returned the wad.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

It appears that the stranger is as good as I am! SmileTongue outSealed

P.S. If I was in the position of your son, I would have started crying there itself! Undecided

Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

I do agree with you. I faced similar issues while booking Railway tickets to Chennai. I actually had to cancel a ticket but it was showing the refund amount as 0. That just freaked me out and I had to call their CC outright. But the lame ads at the beginning are just too irritating and I had to follow up for 2-3 days and then got my refund amount back.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I believe you must have faced this problem recently when there is stupendous jump in booking and Make my trip is not able to handle the demand.   I believe in such cases it is always safe to book directly with airlines or travel agent who will physically ensure bookings.    I found that website of Spice jet was not loading itself yesterday because of high demand i suppose

LockSign in to reply to this thread