Aadhar near deadlock ?

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

It is sad that a national Id scheme is now coming to a state of coma, the funding seems to have been virtually dried up.  I feel the modus ope***** seems to have been totally messed up.  Instead creating a transperant and uniform system, it has become only collecting centres of all important documents in xerox, which has a potential for misuse in the long run, unless it is stamped UID or aadhar on the documents collected.  Another issue is of privacy, particularly bank accounts.  People with multiple bank accounts wont bother.  Its process of biometric verification is good enough but the process is very slow. I hope a foolproof mechanism is devised to collect data first online with tentative Aadhar no later to be authenticated through biometrics.

Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending
Kristy Kumari
Kristy Kumari
from Amritsar
12 years ago

This (to me) doesn't seem to be about just another card. It is a method of government tracking much like the American social security number - only aadhar uses a lot more sophisticated biometric information like the retinal scans and fingerprints. It's a little scary but will go a long way in helping India advance itself as a superpower nation.

Hopefully funds haven't actually dried up and this is just the typical "Indian standard timing" kicking in and slowing the process. I think aadhar is going to be a good thing in the long run, but you're right about the potential for misuse. It exists in the US but is heavily penalized. Perhaps there should be some strict penalties attached to misuse of the aadhar. (Forgive me if there already are, I haven't truely followed this as much as I could have.)

D Gowardhan
from Raigarh
12 years ago

well said kristy kumari ,  Aadhar is the really a great initiative. which is fool proof.

two iris scans, 10 finger prints, these biometrics will literally make duplicating very difficult. apart from these your aadhar no will make you free from hassles of submitting your documents every time. i have written a blog post and how and why about aadhar card you may see it here

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

See the word getting censored Lolz for Modus Oper andi it censored the continuous form, obviously for slang. Smile

LockSign in to reply to this thread