Share your favourite blogs list

Dr Pushkar
Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
14 years ago

To provoke thought & generate ideas you need something as a reference, there must be some blogs on web that inspire you, generate a spark in you or just entertain you to the hilt. Share your collection of favourite blogs here. Pooling this resource shall help everyone in finding good content, help in coming up with new innovative ideas & shall be a good read for everyone.

No Problogger, Copyblogger, Lorelle, Shoemoney, Amanda Fazani & other blogging tips blah blah...  please. Those are use & throw blogs that do not stimulate any kind of innovation. Though you may include blogs which offer other cool stuff along with blogging tips. But no pure blogging tips blogs please.

Edited 14 years ago
Reason: formatting issues
Replies 1 to 11 of 11 Descending
Dr Pushkar
Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
14 years ago

I will start with five of my many many favourites :-

Post Secret -  A blogspot blog that makes it to the Technorati top 20. Post Secret is a community art project where people disclose their secrets anonymously on a postcard.

Fail Blog - As the name suggests, this blog is about all things, ideas & facts that fail to impress. Plenty of LOLz here.

Geek Hero Comic :- Amazing geeky cartoons.

Deeshaa :- Its an opinion blog, wherein Mr Atanu Dey sheds light on India's development.

The Daily Mind :- A quintessential motivational, productivity/personal development blog.

I mostly follow Hindi blogs, here is my roll call of honour:-

छींटे और बौंछारे - Tech and humour blog in Hindi by Ravishankar Shrivastava. Probable this is one of the oldest blogs in India in all languages. Ravi started it in 2004.

शब्दों का सफर - Ajit Wadnekar. A must for anyone interested in the etymology of Hindi words. Ajit picks up a Hindi word or phrase in each of his post and discusses them threadbare, taking us into a fascinating journey into the world of history, literature, culture and community.

घुघूती बासूती- Mired Mirages. One of the finest feminine movement blog in blogosphere.

मल्हार - P N Subramanyam. A blog on Kerala temples and customs. Being from Kerala myself, it is understandably my favourite.

Mission India Foundation - Munish Raizada. A bilingual (Hindi and English) group blog dedicated to making Indian corruption free. This is a blog that has made the transition from word to action.

दलित मत - Ashok Kumar. A blog by a dalit.

Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
14 years ago
Thanks for sharing.
Adesh Sidhu
Adesh Sidhu
from Gurgaon
14 years ago

Seth Godin - Marketing blog

Presentation Zen - Blog on design and presentation

Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
14 years ago
I too like Seth Godin's blog, his posts are short, simple & very useful.
Healthy Living India
Healthy Living India
from Bombay
14 years ago

The Huffington Post : No.1 blog on Technorati. Excellent reference for people who blog newsy content.

Gizmodo: Tech blog - short posts that link to third party articles.

Photoshop Disasters: As the same suggests... absolutely hilarious material.

FMyLife: personal stories - funny stuff

Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
14 years ago
It was just the matter of time, someone came up with top rankers like HuffPost & Gizmodo. Photoshop disasters is really cool. I haven't checked out FMylife yet. Thanks for sharing.
Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
14 years ago
What a surprise. It turns out to be my old favourite. The one which i have been searching for since quite a few days after i lost my bookmark collection. Thanks again for this pleasant surprise.
Dr Pushkar
Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Want to rejuvenate this thread...... please add your choices so that we all can get to experience the best of the web and learn from it. Thank you all in advance.

Niyati Mavinkurve
Niyati Mavinkurve
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I like this blog by a lady called Joanna Shields. The Link is www.womaninthrisis.com

Also there is a travel blog called wanderlust which is amazing!!! Both foreign blogs.

I blog about travel and books by self published foreign authors so my blog choices are mostly foriegn

Dr Pushkar
Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Foreign or Indian is not a prob. The idea is to create a resource that will help generate ideas and refresh everyone. Really nice ones you have pointed out. Thank you for sharing. Wanderlust is a travellers paradise.

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

I'm enjoying your rich recommendations! I'll add up some interesting blogs soon...

Dr Pushkar
Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
10 years ago

You are welcome...Anunoy. Here are 2 productivity blgs / websites i really like :

Lifehacker - This one's about lifehacks i.e productivity tips specifically DIY tips to make your life easy.

Makeuseof - This one is a great resource of articles on useful tools available on the internet to get things done.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Indiblogger is screwing up your links. Maybe you should take Ranjith's help in fixing it. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Links should start with either www or http://, otherwise the editor prefixes it with indiblogger.in. Smile

Dr Puskar linked Makeuseof with makeuseof.com which was prefixed with indiblogger.in - so the resulting link was www.indiblogger.in/makeuseof.com Cool

Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
10 years ago

The above links do not work as expected, please check out the ones given below :-

Lifehacker

Makeuseof

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I started a very similar thread 2 years back. Did not know something like this was started even earlier.

Dr Pushkar
Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Oops!! Is there a way i can or admins can modify those links ? Or shall i repost the previous reply?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Only Renie can edit threads. 

Repost the previous reply. Smile

LockSign in to reply to this thread