My first Indirank is 67 what was yours??

Vivek Sheel
Vivek Sheel
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Today i received my first Indirank for my blog and it is 67. 

1) What was your first rank ever at IB &

2) What you did to improve it ??

Please share your thoughts dear fellow bloggers !!

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Had mentioned my URL and now removed it
1-20
21-32
Replies 1 to 20 of 32 Descending
Avi
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Mine jumped from 67 to 79 cool Cool

Another one is now 81... Happy!

To improve your rank one simple suggestion, keep blogging & let others read your blog post by promoting it. Do some Search engine Optimization.

rightly said, avi, nice ranks you achieved. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Congrats AVi. Wll summarized in a single line. Smile

Vivek Sheel
Vivek Sheel
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Hi Avi was your first time rank 67 ??  Send me some article or link to read more about SEO. Not sure if i know it and its significance !!

Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

First rank 74

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Vivek, simply building some links is sufficient. There is no need to learn too much about SEO, unless you are a professional blogger. And these links are automatically built when you read and comment on other blogs.

Prasanta Borah
Prasanta Borah
from Guwahati
12 years ago

Hi Vivek,

My first rank in IB is 62 which is announced today. I am very happy that my first rank is above 60.

Thanks and Regards

Prasanta Borah

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Congrats for your first rank on IB Smile

Congrats way to go :) Personally i must say that we should not give much importance to rank but we cant avoid giving importance to it, we love to treated well.I am not best in seo, i can share few things1) Post your comments with your blog link

2) Share it on social networks3) Spend time on improving blog styles and blog's content4) Good writing will draw attention of people without any false covers..I was in rank 67 now im moved to rank 84.. i was continuously blogging :)Good luck !

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

That's well said. Ranks don't matter much. Content and a good readership is what ultimately matters. And most of the time, they both go hand in hand. 

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
First Indirank, I think it was 62... But will have to check. What I did to improve it, blog more, a little more and a little bit more...
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

It was 64, I just checked!!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Well said DS. The three B's to gain a better IndiRank are blog, blog and blog. Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I wonder how you could have forgotten your first IndiRank! (just like me Smile )

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thanks Ranjith! And I do forget things often!

My first rank was 74.

It dipped down to 37 last time.

Now its 76. Smile

37must be some error , in crawls, but great jump

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

The same here. We started sailing on the same boat. Smile And yes, Pramod, the IndiCrawler needs to be careful while doing its job.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Great leap Xeno:) Congos:)
Vivek Sheel
Vivek Sheel
from New Delhi
12 years ago

@ Avi Cool Man you are rising high n high......out of your 4 blogs two are nearing 80's. Kudos !! :)

@ Prasanta Buddy i am even happy withmy first ever rank of 67 let's work harder and beat all these guys in this number game :)

@ Deepak I saw your useful tips and will start following them for sure. It will take me time that's for sure but will keep cheecking with you in between. Thanks !!

@ DS 62 was good anything thats in 60's is a encouraging sign. Do let us know what all you did to improve your blog.

@ Xeno First time 74 means a lot. I will read your blog for sure and see what different you do :)

Guys !! How about sharing one single tip for all beginners and let's use it to see its effectiveness to increase the footfall on our blogs.

Just 1 tip that we can do right away !!

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I gave the tip! More and More blogging. Blog about what you love. Enjoy it.

mine is struggling at 56, if it can give you some idea how important your solo first time rank is.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Don't worry Pramod. It will increase for sure. Ups and downs are common in blogging, just as they are in our lives.

Keep Smiling. Smile

Vivek Sheel
Vivek Sheel
from New Delhi
12 years ago

@ Ketaki don't you worry we will again come back to this thread next month and compare with STE -TSW :) . The chances of 67's rising to 80's is far more higher than 77 ones :P

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Now, from where did theory arise? Innocent So I have a greater chance of rising to 100 from 82 (or 84?? Sorry, I have forgotten it :-)) than to rise to 85or 86.Smile

Stephen
from Raleigh
12 years ago

so you say  67 has got good chance to rise to 80s and by your theory 77 can rise up to 90 :D hehe

Mines jumped from 45 to 67.....hurry...Smile

Congs vivek for the gr88 debut in the blogging industry...Cool

good jump from 45 dude, 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Congrats for the giant leap Smile

Avi
Avi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Link building is the key, anyone interested in link building?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Are you sure? Link exchanges can damage the performance in search engines.....

Vivek Sheel
Vivek Sheel
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Hi Avi i am interested. Can you illustrate more !!

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

1) What was your first rank ever at IB?

-> 61 (and that was also my all time lowest!)

2) What you did to improve it ??

-> Just kept blogging Smile

Congrats Vivek, Welcome to IndiBlogger! :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Take inpiration from the Indi Heroine and keep rising Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Awesome Arti:) Keep Blogging:) YES:)
Vivek Sheel
Vivek Sheel
from New Delhi
12 years ago

@ Arti I was foxed by all these technical words like SEO and Linking etc but you have come to my rescue with the simple mantra  " Just Keep Bloggin " :):) Thanks !! Find time to see whatver little i write.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yes, even I don't understand these terms :) Though, i don't deny its helpfulness in increasing traffic et al, but Its always best to stick to what you know and not ape others in the race, isn't it :)

Loved Vivaldi's Musings, keep'em coming!! And Congrats on your big fat grabs of the IndiMeet! Cool

Debajyoti Ghosh
Debajyoti Ghosh
from Silchar
12 years ago

i joined indiblogger last month and my first rank was 53; now its 73 Cool.  i am happy.  although i have tried my level best to understand that seo thing but it  all sounds greek and latin to me.  i also submitted my blog to 1000 blog directories but deleted later.  only directory which worked for me as of now is indiblogger and i m ok with  their exemplary procrastination skills Sealed.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

That was a huge improvement! Smile And 1000 directory submissions is unbelievable. Did you use some auto submission tool?

Debajyoti Ghosh
from Silchar
12 years ago

i was spending more time searching for new directories than writing anything.  someone visited my blog yesterday and he thought my profile pic is actually a directory widget Laughing.  cannot blame him, till yesterday my sidebar was a collage of directory widgets.

Vivek Sheel
Vivek Sheel
from New Delhi
12 years ago

@ Debjyoti You know what !! When i attended this bloggers meet in delhi i meet many folks who wrote good but were best when it came to promoting their blogs. Just writing this thread to pick up some best practices .

Nevertheless i am even quite happy being at IB and will make small efforts now and then to improve my blog and invite more readers !! :):)

Debajyoti Ghosh
Debajyoti Ghosh
from Silchar
12 years ago

i will follow ur thread.  anything for promotion Laughing.

Sekav
Sekav
from Delhi
12 years ago
Got my first IndiRank of 79 yesterday.. :)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

That's a wonderful rank! Congrats! Smile

Stephen
from Raleigh
12 years ago

this is too good man

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Same rank as mine!! Congos:)
Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

My first rank was 54... and now it is 72... took me around 6 moths to reach this rank.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Hard work always pays Smile

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

My first IndiRank was 74. IndiRank is just like other ranking tools. Improve the performance of your blog will automatically reflect in your IndiRank. You need to attract readership to your blog to improve your Alexa Rank. Post frequently (once a week is sufficicient) especially when the IndiCrawler prepares to crawl our sites. ANd, concentrate a bit on SEO and link building. Blogging frequently and having an average readership will easily get you into the 70's and 80's, as of now.

1-20
21-32
LockSign in to reply to this thread