Is something wrong with courier services today?

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

I thought of this topic when i read about a fellow indiblogger @Raahila say that she has not yet been delivered her Dove hamper. I wrote to her: "Check with the courier company... ie, if you know which courier was hired to deliver the hamper to you."

Courier services now are extremely unreliable... have had a couple of packets undelivered, not-delivered, delivered at the wrong address.... I was even delivered an 'emptied' packet with the gift gone... a book sent by blogadda for review was delivered to a wrong address... do some investigation.

Hope we all write some blog posts on the sad state of courier services today... 

Lets share our courier experiences here in this forum.

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
Good topic started arvind Ji , I live in a village, pure, sophisticated, interiormost lands, where the modern technology cannot think of coming. My one prize courier was sent back to the indiblogger by the courier company. Atleast they sent it back. I gave my son's p.g. Address of Delhi then. From there too it was returned,as it arrived when he was in college. This courier thing in India works whimsically, I am still to get the packets.
Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

Pramod ji, I investigated how these courier services work... and I don't mean the ones at the top of the list. i do include couriers like DTDC etc.

DTDC, for instance, has franchises all over Delhi for their designated areas... these franchises in turn have out-sourced their deliveries... the delivery out-source simply means that the franchisee can give you no information if you call him up. The last person in this chain is the delivery boy who is invariably some desperate teenager who can neither read properly nor is aware of any rules and regulations. You can understand the problems associated.

Even the tracking systems of most couriers are there only on paper and hardly help.

You are right, arvind Ji, there are rackets too , where draft courier or any costly courier is whisked on purpose. They are so bloody clever that if by mistake you insure lesser amount, they are hienous enough to check it on market and give you your insured amount, ( a case had happened with a close friend of mine in Kolkata , when his consignment to chennai was returned by the person , he insured the amount to 3 lacs, instead of 5 lacs. Now this friend had to satisfy himself with 3 lacs. I told him to lodge a case, but he said that courier co. Had got a signed statement of full settlement before giving the money back.
Afshan
Afshan
from Bangalore
11 years ago

"YES" courier service from Gurgaon came to my house when I was not there and denied delivering the LAKME gift hamper to my neighbor and did not even call me. Such a lousy courier service. When I tried to track am getting Ghaziabads number and they say no office in Gurgaon and they cant trace if if i dont know the city from which i got or the reference id etc. I gave indi/lakme reference and my address . He hung up in a irritable voice saying they cant trace. Disgusting it is. Even previously I didnt get my gift and none bothered about my ramblings here.. Then it was not sent at all and now I guess I misssed by that muchEmbarassed

I guess I should stop submitting or rather expecting gifts from a competition.....I wonder IF YES courier service said a big NO to me and stole my package!

feeels really BADCry

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Something isseriously wrong with India's courier services... and the ;ocal couriers are the worst.

I'd like to inform inditeam that:

1. Of the two Lakme hampers, only one has been received. I suspect the other one has been hijacked by the courier guys.

2. The Rs 1000/- voucher won in the Expedia contest isn't yet received.

3. The pen-drive for the Melbourne contest isn't yet received.

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
11 years ago

They are doing good jobs- they make us believe in destiny.Cool They remind us the famous verse from Gita- "karmanye va....."- Just keep on working and don't expect returns.Innocent

A new phrase could be generated- ‘Indibloggers distributes and courierwala steals’Wink

Those who don't believe in god may be at least reminded of God's presence and wish.Undecided

Those who has seen Jim Carrey’s 'The Cable Guy' may suggest ‘The Indian Courierwala' as a title to be filmed upon.Tongue out

I took solace when I learnt Castrol tee losing color and I wish I could communicate courierwala- “ lucky chap! Every time you wash your (or my ?) tee you shall get a feeling of wearing an altogether new tee with different colour.” (Do you remember bleeding madras?) Wink

NB: a satire but every pun intended. Laughing

LockSign in to reply to this thread