Do I exist?

Prosenjeet Paul
Prosenjeet Paul
from Dibrugarh
12 years ago

Hii everybody,

I have been blogging since the last 2 months or so and have been on IndiBlogger too for the same duration. But I don't really get any traffic through the Indivine posts. It's a fact that only the ones getting more than 50 votes do get noticed (I feel often some mediocre posts do get through a lot more votes than they deserve). This often gives a feeling as if I don't exist on the Blogosphere!!

So I have two questions/requests:

1) Do I need to increase my network on IndiBlogger by randomly adding bloggers so that at least those people notice my Indivine posts ?

2) Would you all mind giving an honest review of my blog regarding design, writing style, etc?

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Prosenjeet Paul
Prosenjeet Paul
from Dibrugarh
12 years ago

Hello The Sorceror,

Thanks for replying. Well, I have heard about keywords and SEO but not really sure how it can be implemented in a personal blog as mine. In a personal blog, he posts are usually the author's musings and are random. Do you have any ideas?

Regarding the suggestion about breaking the posts into two, I shall give it a try. Thanks :)

Prosenjeet Paul
Prosenjeet Paul
from Dibrugarh
12 years ago

Hmm...that's true. But obviously, the point is to grow that very number of "followers". That brings me back to square one. Just see how even this topic has been replied to by only youFrown

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Blogging is a long grind, particularly getting followers and comments from your circle.  I believe the best way to get your blog popular is first get your friends and family to read and comment and from there word of mouth with do wonders.

Micky Fernandez
Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
12 years ago

2) Writing style. My idea and ideal of a blog is "personal experiences, yet informative". I think that most of your posts meet this requirement. I am always disappointed, though, when I do not see recent posts. You have written just one post in 2012. Will you be writing more?

Prasoon Khare
Prasoon Khare
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Well I'm new on Indiblogger. In fact I started the blog only a month back. As a starter it indeed was tough for me to get the readers. As sorcerer said there are indeed many people who follow "You scratch my back and I scratch yours" policy. I seriously don't want such readers. However, I did post comment on few blogs and followed them in order to get the initial traffic. Having said that, response to my last two posts has been good. They came back without I poking their nose :). And I can proudly say I have atleast 3-4 genuine readers within a month of rejoining the blogosphere :)

Experts are here they can give better advice to us but I have realised that it takes time initially to get notice. Till then keep writing, keep blogging. You will get the readers. Just think about writing. Thats all I can say. Best Of Luck :) :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread