HELP! My blogspot url doesnt redirect to my new custom domain?

I purchased a custom domain yesteday for my blog from blogger. It is working fine. But my old url is working fine too. It is like I have two seperate urls for the same blog. My old url is not redirecting to the new url. I got the default domain offered by blogger. All the dns settings are in place but it still wont help.Somebody please help!

Old URL - abhishekranjith.blogspot.com

New URL - diaryofthenarcissist.com

You will see that it is the same blog but with different URLs.

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Varma
Varma
from trivandrum
12 years ago

Hi, if you are using Blogger network, and added a custom domain, then dont need to worry, Google know's it as they have build the blogger :)

Every link of you post that that has got indexed (xxx.blogsport.com) will automatically get redirected to corresponding new url(XX.com), blogger will apply permanent redirect to your old domain, so there wont be any duplication not ir will effect the SEO.

Enjoy..

How long has it been since you got the new domain?

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I believe there must be some gestation period wherein they must be checking all the legal issues and claim of domain or copyright issues, till they regularise your re-direction request.  I believe it is routed through godaddy. 

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
12 years ago

No legal issues. It just takes time.

It will take 3 sometimes 4 days to redirect. So dont worry

SAMEER
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Can I completely transfer my blog to my domain such that there is no dependency on blogspot? If yes, than how will I edit my website than?

Domain is like an address or phone number. You are assigned one to the location of your content in the web. The place where your content is the place where it is hosted. Blogger is free hosting service. You can take all the content and host it in a platform like hostgator. You can get paid hosting which has its own benifits. If you are on wordpress you wont be able to get free hosting. Hosting will cause a monthly fee. It will cost some 14 dollars a month I think.

LockSign in to reply to this thread