Bengal Elections 2009

Protik Basu
Protik Basu
from New Delhi
14 years ago

This can be a forum for discussing any issues we might feel relevant to the Bengal Elections. The topics does not have to be necessarily political...it would be great if we can dig deeper into the cultural and social issues surrounding the elections...

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
Protik Basu
Protik Basu
from New Delhi
14 years ago

It would seem to me that this is one of the elections where the intellectuals of the state have been so deeply polarized, so much so that the ruling CPM's propaganda machine has gone into full flow...

Micky Fernandez
Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
12 years ago

I just sneezed. Is that part of a conspiracy against Her Royal Highness, and will I be arrested and beaten up for it?

Subhorup Dasgupta
Subhorup Dasgupta
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

"Royal Highness" is an outrage of modesty. Your IP has been logged, Micky. The next knock on your door could well be the self-appointed keepers of the new Bengali morality! The same Bengali intelligentsia that came out on the streets to support change will ensure that this mockery is consigned to where it belongs.

Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Oh oh. Perhaps I should go to a Kolkata police station right away! After all, no one there knows how to file an FIR even if their lives depended upon it, so I should be safe there.

LockSign in to reply to this thread