Central govt annual tax scheme withdrawn in Karnataka ? Debate

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

According to todays TOI news report the annual tax scheme stands withdrawn partially but includes armed forces too i believe.  This move is anti constitutional ( against freedom of employment in India ) and giving scope for corruption and harassment of central govt employees.  I only hope the PSU oil companies and Banker Managements take up the issue strongly with the RTO and govt concerned.  These are institutions which are going to maximum affected by transfer policies.  I hope the threat of non supplies of fuel to concerned department and non honouring cheques for withdrawl is implemented to ensure such unethical notification is not implemented, which can be detrimental to thousands of central govt employees.  If a employee is transferred every two or three years he or she might end up paying more than value of the car or two wheeler as tax to the government. I hope team Anna works on prevention of scope of corruption rather than trying to prosecute what has happened in the past which is basically a post morterm. What is take on the subject matter guys ?

News Item published in TOI dated 6/1/2012

Central staffers will have to pay lifetime tax for vehicles

TNN | Jan 6, 2012, 03.45AM IST

BANGALORE: Thousands of central government employees, including armed forces personnel, residing in Karnataka and owning motor vehicles will now have to pay lifetime tax (LTT) for their vehicles. The employees had been granted exemption from paying LTT when buying new vehicles in the state or bringing them from other states on the ground that they could be transferred out of Karnataka anytime. These motorists had to pay an annual tax to RTO. However, a new rule that took effect on January 1 has withdrawn this exemption partially. While those central government employees bringing in their vehicles from other states need to pay only annual tax as earlier, those already in Karnataka will have to pay LTT for vehicles they have already purchased here or going to buy in future.

LockSign in to reply to this thread