Is Indiblogger really validating blogs before registering?

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I can see some commercial website from US that says BPI training in the new blogs section. Whats that doing here? It is neither a blog nor Indian. I though Indiblogger validates and permits only valid blogs.

Replies 1 to 20 of 20 Descending
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

We reject about 30-40 blogs in a day...no idea how that one got through! Frown Will look into it and find out, thanks for the heads-up!

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I was going through the review requests recently and found some blog there.. the blogger is not an Indian, and the blog had an article on India, but nothing credible. Mainly links to a website which provided more information on the article. Indian by birth, blogger by choice is the motto I have on the Indi-t-shirt I got.. atleast, the first part should be there right? I know many Indian bloggers out of India, who I've in my network and also become good friends with, but just random blogs getting through moderation process coz of an article about India shouldn't be the case, right?

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

And no offence meant to the people from other countries, who are actually staying in India and blogging from here. 

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

Besides the initial selection process which, I'm sure, is quite stringent, indiblogger can also think about an annual review of its blogs and bloggers. It will keep all the bloggers here actually attempting to blog rather than content at just being a part of the indiblogger-set.

I think there should be some mechanism which ensures that every blogger here...

1. Participates in at least one contest every six months. This will not only keep the bloggers active but will give even contests a new high!

2. Actually goes to the post, reads it, and comments at least once every month. 'Liking' without even knowing what they are liking is the biggest sin that I can ever think of.

3. Writes at least one new post in a month.

The above rules will not only be good for indiblogger, but will be a boon for bloggers who are so prone to lapse into long periods of inactivity.

Note: Those bloggers who are dubbed 'inactive' based on the parameters above, can be put in a 'blog-quarantine' and will need to have seven new posts to come out! :)

Howzzat!! :)

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
12 years ago

1. I am against it. If people don't want to participate then they simply don't want to participate. Generalizing that the ones who participate in contests are active and not others is unfair.

2. I will agree if there's a way to find out if people actually read it or not. Whenever I post in indiblogger, most of the time the traffic from indivine indicates as less than 10 seconds so there ya go!

3. Agreed.

Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I don't agree with first point , participation should be at once will and not compulsive .... I have never written for a contest and will never write one also . That does not means I'm not active .

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Even I am against the first point. I feel forcing people to do certain things is never good.. it should be a matter of choice, always.

Also, the third point can prove to be a bit taxing sometimes. There are moments when a person gets busy with other things in life and is forced to take a sabbatical for shorter periods. In this case, of he being dubbed inactive by IB, he might as well get lured to publish anything just so that he and his blog is seen active by IB.

indu chhibber
from Kota
11 years ago

It is not fair to make it compulsary to participate in a contest at least once in 6 mths....my blog is in a certain niche which will not permit me to participate in many of these contests,besides i am interested in blogging about my subject;but not in taking part in contests...to be  honest even reading competitive entries sometimes becomes too tiring,boring & time-consuming.

so far as writing a post every month is concerned i think quality is better than quantity-no?It is all a matter of inspiration & compulsion tends to quell it.

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I don't mind and do agree with the second and third points, Arvind ji and the consequent wordings too. but not about the contests. That should be left to the blogger. Some, like me, are part of Indiblogger, and I have, to date, not participated in a contest, because I do not want to. Passion can't be judged for writing on a contest, be it once a month, or once in six months or even entire lifetime I feel...

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@ Arvind - Contests will be tough. That can be counter productive forcing bloggers into advertising products if only Qvendo type of contests keep coming for 6 months. 

I am reminded of an incident in Germany. In Germany they have unemployement benefits. But the catch is you have to be registered and if you are registered you need to take up any job the government finds for you. And any registered firm can regsiter with the employment exchange and hire the unemployed people. Now prostitution became a legal profession in Germany. So brothels could become registered firms and so could register and hire from employment exchanges as well. Any guesses where this lead to?

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
12 years ago

People will work hard so that they won't end up working over THERE??

indu chhibber
from Kota
11 years ago

OMG what a predicament for jobless girls & ladies.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I believe misleading blogs should also be flagged, stock tips, ponzi schemes etc should be censored.  Sorcy you are doing a good job by deleting stock tips, because it is risky to get misguided.

Debajyoti Ghosh
Debajyoti Ghosh
from Silchar
12 years ago

i submitted one blog few months back with the wrong title coz i didn't know the difference between a blog and a post.  also i was not aware of the other guidlines.  that blog with only three stupid posts and a wrong title got approved Cool.  it was quite embarrassing for me when i saw that.  quickly deleted before anyone could see it Sealed.

p.s. plz dont delete my current blogs Surprised

Rajesh Asarpota
Rajesh Asarpota
from Dubai
12 years ago

Not sure if is from different blogs.. Some of them have seen multiple posts, all linking back to the same.. The 2 Blogs rule may just not be working..

indu chhibber
indu chhibber
from Kota
11 years ago

Captain i do read your posts Smile why don't you read mine?Frown not interested in my topics? Just as i too don't read tech blogs although i hold those bloggers in high esteem.

Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago
Why Captain? . Why?
Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I know Indu, thanks a lotSmile

I have not been reading any posts off-late and your sbeing one of those which I am yet to read. I am getting back to action and will surely read your posts and give comments too Smile

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

This guy does not seem genuine

http://www.indiblogger.in/blogger/45459/

Indi-team please have a look. He has added 3 blogs none of which seem to belong to him nor have any connection with India.

Debajyoti Ghosh
Debajyoti Ghosh
from Silchar
11 years ago

how about this one

http://www.indiblogger.in/blogger/38043/

this person added me to his/her network.  thumbnail says invalid domain and when i tried to check out the blog, my system crashed.

Debajyoti Ghosh
Debajyoti Ghosh
from Silchar
11 years ago

and why all plagiarized blogs getting approved?  i have found 3 in last one week.  it's becoming a hobby for me to check the contents of blogs Cool

although i don't think it's possible for indi team to check everything

Yatin Khurana
from delhi
11 years ago
ruskin bond too adviced to make money from ones hobby /// try applying for Inditeam :-P
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

Actually, we do check every blog - but we cannot check every blog post. Frown

Teju
from Bengaluru
11 years ago

hahaa! cant blame you for this! but this is really sad, i mean, phoney blogs making their way into indiblogger! hmm...

Debajyoti Ghosh
from Silchar
11 years ago

Absolutely Renie but I just hope you find time to check the ones we are reporting :)

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
11 years ago

I'd like to know how a URL to a post in a blog (one that has to go to Indivine, but has been registered as a blog by a newbie's unawareness) gets approved as a blog? There was a forum thread by the blogger in question asking why the same was taking more than 3 days to get approval, and I replied to that thread stating that adding the URL WILL NOT work. Now I check the profile and to my greatest of suprises, it actually HAS worked. 

Profile: http://www.indiblogger.in/blogger/47426/

Thread: http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=14225

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

Hey Leo, I've deleted that blog - don't know how a blog post URL got through. Thanks for pointing it out!

Leo
from Bengaluru
11 years ago

Keep an eye out, buddy :) I don't know if any other such cases are there. I knew of this case only coz I'd personally replied to the thread.

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

Our lead moderator just got back from the US after the Junoon meet - and she had 1100+ blogs to moderate when she got back. Mistakes had to happen I suppose. Sorry - we'll keep an eye out!

Leo
from Bengaluru
11 years ago

Yowza. No wonder :) That's okay, apology not necessary RR, can only give assistance when I can. This was a little hilarious case though, unlike the stock spam blogs that get through at times.

Easwar Arumugam
Easwar Arumugam
from Chennai
11 years ago

Participating in a contest is the sweet will of a blogger. If he/she choose  not to participate a contest, it doesn't mean he/she is not active.

Aliasgar Mukhtiar
Aliasgar Mukhtiar
from pune, mumbai
11 years ago

i was intially posting my business realestate listing on my current blog but then i thought its quite confusing as my pictures,posts  are getting a good response so i created a seperate business blog where i copied the related realestate posts from my original blog, so had planned to keep it seperate but indiblogger rejected my business blog citing that its copied , now what do i do ?

Treat and Trick
Treat and Trick
from Singapore
11 years ago

What happen if this blogger only choose to participate in all the contest but nothing posted on his/her blog, do you call this active blogger?

Micky Fernandez
Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
11 years ago

I know that IB is very strict when it comes to posting our blog posts on IndiVine; they even check our criminal records (ha ha).

Raowords
Raowords
from Bengaluru
11 years ago

Hey Team,

Could any one check http://www.indiblogger.in/blogger/52841/ the blog link is landing me to http://3owl.com/landing/?q&?techera.tk which looks like a ghost website.

Raowords
Raowords
from Bengaluru
11 years ago

Hey Team,

Could any one check http://www.indiblogger.in/blogger/52841/ the blog link is landing me to http://3owl.com/landing/?q&?techera.tk which looks like a ghost website.

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

Thank you! Profile removed.

LockSign in to reply to this thread