Fablery - short story writing contests

Nethra
Nethra
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Dear blogger-friends,

I have been blogging since three years and have been on indiblogger since I started blogging. I met many aspiring writers in these three years, both in real and virtually, and that's what made me start "Fablery". I just wanted to create a platform where writers could find an opportunity to get published as that is every writers dream, to become a published author.

Here, I take this opportunity to invite all the aspiring writers to participate in the short story writing contests at Fablery and win an opportunity to get published. You can also meet like minded people, get constructive feedback from them and improve your writing skills. Also, share your experiences and expertise with others and help them grow too.

The contests at Fablery are genre based and there would be a contest every month until October so you get plenty of chances to make it to the book. Start writing already..

If you aren't a creative writer then your friend could be, so share the information with them and make their dream of getting published true.

Here's the link to the site: fablery.com

Here's the FB page: facebook.com/fablery

And the twitter handle: @fablery_

Thanks & Regards, Nethra A

Edited 12 years ago
Reason:
Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Gautam Maitra
Gautam Maitra
from Ahmedabad
12 years ago

Thanks...very good initiative....wud lov to visit there just to mingle with mad bad lazy fiction writers - if i get one more copy of of mine there ...BTW, 2012 Jan is fair enough for me  ...MuseIndia selected my story for Jan-Feb edition while another blog post got BlogJunta Editor's Choice for Jan 12 first fortnight...Added to that, now i am making my blogspot poor home look a bit cleaner ...at list now I can ask visitors to sit in the floor, later wud buy a few chairs, when a fw coins make sweet sound  ...let writers fly like pegeons 

Nethra
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Then you must participate in Fablery's contest too. Who knows you might get lucky, again.

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Will look into that. I am not good at weaving fiction stories, but there is no harm in trying. 

Nethra
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thank you & looking forward to your participation, Farida! 

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Great initative. This was already recomended to me by my friends. I wanted to participate in this months contest as it is my favorite theme. But I just could not get my muse to work. I instead ended up starting a  series based on Mayan mythology on my own blog instead.

Nethra
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Then I shall check your blog soon as fantasy is my favorite genre. And you must participate in Fablery's contest. Looking forward to your participation too! 

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

Sounds interesting!

Nethra
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thank you!

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago
As I told you I wanted to participate - but I could not come up with a story meeting all the requirements within given time frame. So I am using all the research I did for this contest to write my series Twin heroes of Maya on my blog. I will see if I can participate next month. One suggestion regarding the site. It does not feel very interactive. There was this friend of mine Madhu Gopinath who used to run a forum for story writers called IndiMag (Unfortunately he could not devote time and money and he had to take it down)- That used to be much more interactive with lot of stories and lot of interactions. Couldn't you build your site on similar lines?
Nethra
from Bangalore
12 years ago

If I did that then Fablery wouldn't be unique, right? I would be stealing someone's idea then and anyway, main idea behind fablery is to provide writers with an opportunity to get published. 

Well, there's also a forum on fablery where writers could interact with eachother & share stories that are less that 5,000 words. I guess "Fablery" isn't known enough for people to know about all the features there.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Yeah - the opportunity to get published is really great. Whenever I can meet the criteria of the month, I will submit.

But the site was mentioning something about interaction, exchanging feedback etc. Didn;t see much of that happening. If it was just about submitting the stories, publisher reviewing and publishing, then I was wondering why you have invested money on hosting. Guess as you said the other features will unviel as participation goes up.

Nethra
from Bangalore
12 years ago

The stories that won't make it to the book will be published on the site once the winner is decided so you aren't seeing much happening on the site yet. It's first contest & the site needs some more time to become more active. Even I am not happy with the response that I am getting but I am still hopeful.

Nethra
Nethra
from Bangalore
12 years ago

February's contest details are out already. Check the website for the same. Here's the link to the website: http://fablery.com/

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Any updates on the last month contest, Nethra? How many entries ? How many got published? 

Nethra
from Bangalore
12 years ago

The book will be made only after all the genres are covered. Didn't get many entries for January's contest but I am keeping my finger crossed.

Rekha
Rekha
from India
12 years ago

I visited your site and  just like to point out a few things.

The word count if reduced to 3000 could lead to more entiries, most short story collections today are around that word count.

FAQ states that all rights will remain with the publishers, very few talented writers who plan to be published mainstream would give away their copy rights.

You need to specify what rights because most anthologies prefer to ask for the option of first right of publication, followed by exclusive rights granted by the writer not to republish his/her work before a time frame of a set number of years.

Nethra
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks for replying, Rekha!

I won't be able to reduce the number of entries. It's alright if I get less number of entries because people who want to write will write no matter what the word limit is and fablery is a platform for such people. I can't change rules of the game to fit in more people.

And the copyright thing is accroding to Indian publishers' norms so I got nothing more to talk about it. It's publishers who make the rules, not me.

LockSign in to reply to this thread