Blogger: When you go to a post page, the page scrolls down to the bottom of the

When you click on the blogger post page, the page scrolls down to the bottom of the post to the comment section. Most users of the blogger platform have this problem but none of you have noticed it.

For example if you visit the following link - http://www.diaryofthenarcissist.com/2011/06/about-diary.html you will notice the page scrolls down to the bottom as soon as it loads and you have to scroll back up to see it. I bet people who use blogger will have this problem. If you have a solution to this please let me know.

Replies 1 to 12 of 12 Descending
Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

You have posted this in the wrong CategoryUndecided.

Put it under Blogging Ethincs or IndiBlogger.in Questions.

Someone will help you thenLaughing.

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I agree with Ramakant. I checked both that link & one of my own blogspot blogs.

Only when you have enabled 'embedded comments' and you click on the ' ___ comments' link in the footer, do I find that the post scrolls down to the comment box.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Clicking on Blogger title doesn't affect it I mean.

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Poo, I checked Alka's indivine links. Her URLs are having a hashtag #links at the end, which is why they are scrolling down when clicked. 

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

OhSurprisedThen maybe its the same problem with TN who has posted the topicWink

Kirti
Kirti
from Kharagpur, west bengal
12 years ago

the link you gave stays at the top only!!

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Yaaa Tongue out

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Was the first reply to this thread received one month after the day on which it was posted! Surprised

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

As mentioned by many here, may be the link was posted by copying the URL from the address bar after replying to the comments on the blog post.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

YeahTongue out

Great You guys reply now :D I posted this question ages ago when blogger introduced the threaded comments :D

None of you stepped up to help then :D

I contacted google then and they told me it was a problem unique to firefox and they were doing everything to fix it. You would have faced the problem if you switched to the threaded comments which was recently introduced in blogger. You would have faced the problem but not noticed. Everybody who used blogger and used threaded comments, faced this problem for a few weeks. I just happened to notice the problem because I am constantly looking at ways to improve my blog :D

The problem is fixed now.

I dont have the problem now lol. Thanks for all the help though. But there is a problem I would like help with :D I posted it in another thread http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=11978

Someone mind helping me with that?

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I strongly believe that you could have been more cautious while writing this.

"None of you stepped up to help then"

Simlply because we did not see this thread then. There are many topics which are created daily and it might have pushed under that or may be we were busy somewhere and not regular to Indilblogger. I object to the tone of this comment. I have the same feeling which you had on a blog few days back, after you had commented there!!!

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

You already have some replied on that thread

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

BTW, one more question which I forgot to ask you. Is this the way you treat your readers if they comment on your post a month after you have published it?

Grr animesh. It is not self promotion :D You can delete the thread. :D God I got zero replies to this post a month back. Now there is rampant commenting.

No it was not because of copying the link from the address bar. This problem was unique to blogger and unique to those who used firefox. Nobody will have this problem now. You know it is pretty frustrating that you guys will reply after things are solved. I posted this query a month back. And I get 16 replies today. I did not invent the problem lol. Problems like these need a very high level of imagination to invent. Please answer this query guys http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=11978 The last thing I need is for blogger to introduce a built in Jquery slideshow as a default widget and me ending up looking stupid like how I do right now in this post :D Sigh I will not do self promotion in a way that makes me look dumb :D

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

You yourself have replied to the question, why I assumed its a self-promotion. Simply because it was a problem with a specific blogging platform on a specific browser. Not a very well-known issue and also a unique one. There was every reason to assume that.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Sorry, I havent read the discussion above... but yes, I sometimes do face this problem when going through blogs from mobile Innocent

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

You doooooo? Innocent Lucky.. mera to WP main hai ab.

@Animesh - That is okay man. Laughing We should give you a medal for being the worlds most awesome forum moderator Wink

@Animesh - Sorry man. Smile If I you heard my reply in person, you would have found the tone different. :D <<<< This is a grin face. It did not show up in the comment. All the places I used this :D should look like Laughing this. Tell me if the tone of that reply seems different now Wink I will type in the comment again with the corrections just in case. Laughing

"Great You guys reply now Laughing I posted this question ages ago when blogger introduced the threaded comments Laughing

None of you stepped up to help then Laughing

I contacted google then and they told me it was a problem unique to firefox and they were doing everything to fix it. You would have faced the problem if you switched to the threaded comments which was recently introduced in blogger. You would have faced the problem but not noticed. Everybody who used blogger and used threaded comments, faced this problem for a few weeks. I just happened to notice the problem because I am constantly looking at ways to improve my blog Laughing

The problem is fixed now.

I dont have the problem now lol. Thanks for all the help though. But there is a problem I would like help with Laughing I posted it in another thread http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=11978

Someone mind helping me with that?"

Smileys make a world of a difference doesnt it? Tongue out

Dude I am a really soft guy Laughing I am incapable of outright rudness. Some call me the saint Tongue out

I apologise if my comment was subject to misinterpretation and if it hurt anyone in anyway Smile

BTW I still havent figured out how to put a jquery slideshow in my blogger blog. Somebody please help me with that Smile

P.S to my reply on top ^^^ Any anger in my comment was mock anger. Laughing I thought the smileys showed mock anger. :D << This is the global standard smiley for >> Laughing I thought it was understood with so many people using facebook and all. Like for example in this reply Grr animesh. It is not self promotion :D You can delete the thread. :D God I got zero replies to this post a month back. Now there is rampant commenting.

It will look like this in the eyes of those who understood the universal standard codeof smileys

Grr animesh. It is not self promotion Laughing You can delete the thread. Laughing God I got zero replies to this post a month back. Now there is rampant commenting.

Nothing wrong with my comment rite? Laughing At this rate I am going to write a book called "Commenting Etiquete". Everybody is misinterpretting me when they should be seeing a halo over my head. Tongue out

LockSign in to reply to this thread