How many of you post original content on your blogs

Sangeeta Reghu
Sangeeta Reghu
from Delhi
12 years ago

I am really curious to know how many bloggers really write original content .. i was reading a very popular blog recently and to my utter shock the blog owner had reproduced the same content from another blog. 

Replies 1 to 20 of 82 Descending

All the content on our website is orignal. One or two posts might be reproduced with permission from the orignal author. Have a look www.ltgtr.in

In general also, I think the majority of people write their own stuff. Or so we hope Cool

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
You are not allowed to give links here.
Sangeeta Reghu
Sangeeta Reghu
from Delhi
12 years ago

ltgtr - kudos .. i have read many of yours and i couldn't agree more to more your statement. And i hope most them do the same .. but i wonder how safe is one's work ??

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Sharing online is a risk one had to take. Even movies and books get pirated.

Shruti chaturvedi
from Ahmedabad
11 years ago

Agreed to TF! So much of my stuff has been used from communities in which I used to post long back and now when I thought of bringing it on my blog, i found, they were already there.

Senoraroy
from Meerut
11 years ago

My content and whatever i write is absolutely original!! If you'll read, you'll have no doubt!!

Ashwini Dey
Ashwini Dey
from Renukoot
12 years ago

If you like original post them give a look to my blog . . . . It only contains poems and drawings, both my own creations . . . . Here's my blog link (www.poemsbyashwini.blogspot.com) Hope you like it . . . .

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

You too  (check repy of DS above)

Sangeeta Reghu
Sangeeta Reghu
from Delhi
12 years ago

Ashwini - thanks i will surely visit your blog .. :D

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago
If the question is for whoever has original content to leave the link here, me too - 100% original content. No adulteration. Quality assured.
Kirti
Kirti
from Kharagpur, west bengal
12 years ago

we all are genuine bloggers. thinking of COPYING other's work doesnt even cross one's mind. It is the same as someone else copying YOUR stuff and claiming it to be their own. that would really suck wont it?

as TF said, if it is the question of who has original contest in their blogs, you wont be disappointed with mine @Sangeetha. It's totally original and true :)

Sangeeta Reghu
Sangeeta Reghu
from Delhi
12 years ago

I am glad to see they are more like me who feel the same .. The Fool i have been following your blog for sometime now .. but the best has been the reviews you write .. absolutely genuine ... 

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks Sangeetha. Do keep following. Glad you like my reviews. Plan to do them throughout the year if time permits.

Sangeeta Reghu
Sangeeta Reghu
from Delhi
12 years ago

Kriti - you will be surprised how well people can reproduce without even mentioning credits as it was their own brain-child .. Plagiarism is a huge for us .. the more we denounce it publicly the better for us .. I have not seen any of your work but will surely be doing so ... mean while do have a look at sangrywords.blogspot.com   

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

There are many as you say, Sangeeta. It's quite big! And too many to control, sadly.

Please do not post your links in the forum threads. It is against the forum ethics, as DS mentioned to the Magazine, and to Ashwini. 

Subhorup Dasgupta
Subhorup Dasgupta
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

It is true that a lot of blogs exist that just pick up other's content and reproduce. Then there are blogs that produce their own content. I am sure that discerning readers will know the difference. It is sad if a blogger were trying to pass off someone else's content as their own. The benefits of doing that are at best going to be short term.  I have found some of my content reproduced elsewhere, and at first I was angry and annoyed since those places were infinitely more popular than my little corner, but then I realized that my objective of writing was to reach out to the maximum number of people with what Ihad to say, and they were not only helping me achieve that (yeah, without a credit, but hey, with the message unaltered), but they were also indirectly validating that my work was worth reproducing. Of course, this becomes a problem if your objective is to build a reputation or a brand or even a revenue stream through your blog. Uncopyright is here to stay, no matter how much we resist it. The concept of ownership is a manmade one. Just my 95 paise worth.

Sangeeta Reghu
Sangeeta Reghu
from Delhi
12 years ago

Sorry apologies on the that i very swiftly skipped that bit ... tried to delete but could not .. will keep that in mind 

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

No issues. It happens a lot in the forum. Sometimes, I feel people hardly notice. So when I see, I do put in a word, that's all :) 

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@Leo - Yesterday I happened to be going over the Indiblogger rules. It says one can insert links to one's blog if it is relavent to the discussion. Here, I am not sure link to personal blog is not relavent or not in the context of piracy discussion. But usually if it is relavent it is allowed to post links. The Indipolice are the judges on relavence or irrelavence.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I agree, TF.. and I do look at that too.. :) but here, in this discussion, most are just links to the personal blogs.. which can be checked through the profile. Even to say that my blog has original content, that's OK. Link to prove it is as good as promoting, don't u feel? 

I'm not saying that Sangeeta or Ashwini etc are intentionally leaving links to promote, but the relevancy isn't there, to put the links in this case...

Sangeeta Reghu
Sangeeta Reghu
from Delhi
12 years ago

Subhorup - Your right there is very little you can do if your work is reproduced ... i am guessing i have not faced such a situation but then who can tell :(

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I've seen it happen too.. Some give credits, link to the blog where it has been taken from.. etc. Some are not courteous to do that. It depends on the mentality of the person. Like Subhorup says, depends on the blogger. How we take it, anger or calmness... Each blogger prays we dont meet that situation. 

Amrita Phadnis
Amrita Phadnis
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Okay, i would say i never copied, or never wrote something from the other blog. All what i have written is original and all about what i think, feel and experience. I really don't get it when you are copying how can it be a blog. 

Blogging is about originality and that i what i totally follow. !!

Sangeeta Reghu
from Delhi
12 years ago

Amrita - that's the most baffling part .. that's how even i think of blogging .. i started to write for the pure passion of writing and making good use of my brain that was rusting. Let's face it sometimes it not easy to write you original but that is stimulating bit that I am able to challenge myself to find words to make a post. 

Cheers

R-A-J
R-A-J
from Bangalore
12 years ago

The only thing unoriginal about my blog is me; the posts however, are not...

Cool

Sangeeta Reghu
from Delhi
12 years ago

Cool well said .. 

Amrita Phadnis
Amrita Phadnis
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Sangeeta : That is where the challenge comes. When you have no topic left in the world, and suddenly you get a popping corn in your mind, and you say ' oh ya i can write about this' . And yes its is very very difficult to find word at times. I second that . Thats why, when you are original atleast you know how to start something or to blabber.Laughing

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I do post original content on my blog! Well thats what most of us do here.
Sangeeta Reghu
from Delhi
12 years ago

Cool

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Many of us here have had gone thru plagirism on IndiBlogger. I think that was a lesson big enough.
Sangeeta Reghu
from Delhi
12 years ago

Have you been through it yourself ???

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I dont think but there have been ugly incidences here on Indi regarding plagiarism.
Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I have been and that too, by a novelist!!! The novels claims to be a best-seller

Mag[m]
from Delhi
12 years ago

where this is going

Vishal Kataria
Vishal Kataria
from Thane
12 years ago

Well, there are times when I come across some great articles which I want to share with fellow bloggers. On those instances, I post the writeup followed by the original link. If it's from a book or a newsletter, the publisher gets the deserved credit. 90% on the blog though, is original content.

Sangeeta, even I saw a blogger paste an article copied from TOI and did not respond when he was confronted about the same.

The web has so much good information that we want to share it. We do by posting links on FB & Twitter. The same can apply to blogs. Yes, credit to the original publisher is mandatory to maintain governance in the blogging world also.

CheersLaughing

Sangeeta Reghu
Sangeeta Reghu
from Delhi
12 years ago

Vishal that is the right way of doing it .. and there is harm in appreciating a great piece of work but you said it very correctly if it's done should be due credit ..

You won't believe i read some more of the reproduced work today .. I am glad many of us are on the same page !! 

Devan Harikumar
Devan Harikumar
from Ernakulam
12 years ago

It's kinda weird you asked this in the first place. Do you really think someone would come up and say 'Hey I copy a lot and most of the stuff in my blog are not genuine' ? The authenticity of the posts in ones blog reflects how true he is to it. And like someone said above, it is the risk that we take when we all publish our blogs on net - that of being copied.

Sangeeta Reghu
from Delhi
12 years ago

Ha ha your so right .. but the reason i asked this question was to see if i was the only one living in the la-la land .. I should have better framed my question .. :D 

Subhorup Dasgupta
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Smile

Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
12 years ago

Well I write my own short stories...

LockSign in to reply to this thread